• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
j.hoop

10/18 GDT: Red Wings 5, Rangers 4 (OT)

Rate this topic

Great ******* game tonight. I knew Hossa was going to get a goal this game. I couldn't be happier. Great play by Dats as well, awesome all around.

Hudler almost didn't get a goal there, I would have sought him out and killed him had he not. For seriously.

How did he "almost" not get a goal? Sammy could've tipped that goal one inch to the right and it wouldn't have been a goal. Homer could've tipped the goal too far to the side, and it wouldnt have been a goal. Any goal could "almost" not go in if the goaltender had only moved an inch in the different direction.

It was a fun game to watch, but only a mediocore showing by the WIngs. With the sloppy play in our own zone I am happy with this win tonight.

They have shown flashes of being brilliantly Detroit, but have made uncharacteristic lapses in judgement defensively so far.

Things will tighten up though. Good victory tonight, and it should give Ozzie confidence that the boys have his back even on a bad day.

Hudler will have a good sesaon, once he shoots more I see him getting back on that second line. He will have 25 goals this year I think.

How did he "almost" not get a goal? Sammy could've tipped that goal one inch to the right and it wouldn't have been a goal. Homer could've tipped the goal too far to the side, and it wouldnt have been a goal. Any goal could "almost" not go in if the goaltender had only moved an inch in the different direction.

I believe he was referring to the slight delay before Hudler shot the puck that allowed Lundqvist to somehow lunge back and get a portion of the puck with his trapper. (i.e., the delay actually allowed Lundqvist an attempt to make a play on the shot -- something he couldn't have done on the Samuelsson and Holmstrom goals.)

That Lundqvist even got THAT much of the puck on that play is mind-boggling.

It was very, very, very close, more so than normal goals. WAY to close for an open-netter. And yes, the delay had part to do with it.

Edited by Z and D for the C

awesome to see hossa get his first!!! love how excited he got! i wish i was in michigan so i could see the post game. did they interview him? great set up by dats. that whole play was all him. knocks steals a pass out of the air, skates it into the zone around three defenders all by himself, beautiful set up from along the boards. awesome!

does anyone else think that homer's goal went off of Pavel's skate? I despeartely need the fantasy point haha, from what i saw im pretty sure it did alhtough i dont have hd, i also think filpula got his stick on the hudler goal

It was very, very, very close, more so than normal goals. WAY to close for an open-netter. And yes, the delay had part to do with it.

By the same token, if he had shot it a second earlier, it would've been right into Lundqvists trapper. At least once he made the decision to delay the shot, he made the right choice when to put it in. Theres a reason the puck deflected off Lundqvists trapper and into the net - Lundqvists was rolling his hand back into the net. If Lundqvists hand is entirely vertical - as it wouldve been a second sooner - it wouldve deflected straight up into the air or gone into the trapper.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Well, it was a bit of a sloppy effort, but we managed to battle through and pick up a victory, so I'll keep the complaints to a minimum. However, I think this was a game that we needed. Not only did we manage to put five pucks in the net, but Hossa was able to get his first as a Wing in a very crucial situation. If that doesn't make him feel more comfortable, I don't know what will.

I think that's exactly what people were waiting for from the Datsyuk/Hossa combination.

AGH!!! I LOVE IT! Just to see how excited he got. Quote me on this, I am telling you all, Hossa is a Wing for the rest of his career. I don't think anyone truly understands the desire that he has had to play here. I certainly am glad he got that one out of the way. Hopefully those 2 can keep it rolling now. Oh, and thank GOD you posted the video. Unfortunately I had to work today being stupid Sweetest Day and all and I had my dad DVR the game. Too bad the man NEVER extends the recording time and it stopped RIGHT at the start of the overtime.

I'll definitely have to stay up all night now to watch it again at 3am. I just wish I would've seen the post-game interviews they did with him. Maybe they'll show it on the replay of the game.

aaahhhh, I'm super excited for Hossa.

NOW, if we can just get the Wings a nice kick in the a$$ to get them playing how they should be.

Truthfully, Im hoping that after seeing Hossa so excited, maybe it'll give the Wings a wake up call that playing on this team is the opportunity of a lifetime that many players could only dream of. Best to make the most of the time here boys! Lets get back to playing the way the REAL Red Wings should be playing.

Edit:

Whoa Whoa Whoa! Back this train UP! Let's not forget even for as much as I love Hossa, Dats has always been my favorite player. I just saw the OT and I must say what a SICK OT by Dats. First to steal from Gomez. Hangs on to it, lil pass to Raffy, right back... End to end. Pulls up and makes Redden look STUPID!. Beautiful pass to Hossa.

This is a thing of beauty from both Dats and Hossa for getting to the right spot. More of this to come. Hopefully this was JUST the start.

Edited by This Is Bida

Speaking of the absurdity of hit totals, Mike Keenan right now talking about the Oilers being credited with out-hitting his Flames 21-8 for the game, somewhat sarcastically pointing out that he didn't think it was quite that lopsided in Edmonton's favor. Yeah, because it's freakin' ridiculous that those numbers are actually recorded as if they're an impartial account of what happened in the game. So silly.

Speaking of the absurdity of hit totals, Mike Keenan right now talking about the Oilers being credited with out-hitting his Flames 21-8 for the game, somewhat sarcastically pointing out that he didn't think it was quite that lopsided in Edmonton's favor. Yeah, because it's freakin' ridiculous that those numbers are actually recorded as if they're an impartial account of what happened in the game. So silly.

Speaking of Oilers/Flames, Bertuzzi scored his 5th goal in as many games. Still got it? :thumbup:

Hossa gets the monkey off his back, expect many more to follow, they did win but i know they can play much better, plus im drunk and enjoying the victory. GO WINGS!!!!!!!

I'm impressed. The Wings just beat the #1 team in the NHL right now. They did it without Zetterberg. Even though they looked rusty at times I'm excited they are still really good this year. I'm more excited about Filpulla Hudler and Cleary and the 3rd and fourth lines this year too.

Well, they played well enough to win, but there's still a line issue. Hossa and Pavel simply aren't working as a pairing, even considering the GWG. Given the choice, I'd reunite the ZDH line when Hank is healthy, and then put Hossa on a line with Hudler and Franzen. Hossa seemed almost intimidated by Datsyuk last night- he needs to be on a line where he is the clear star.

My choice lines...

ZDH

Hossa-Hudler-Franzen

Cleary-Shinguard Assassin-Filp

Maltby-Draper-Kopecky/Helm (I could easily be convinced to pull up Helm semi-permanently and scratch Maltby)

Edited by Casey

Datsyuk and Hossa were finding each other just as well as Datsyuk and Zetterberg usually do last night. Hossa had 3 or 4 golden opportunities as a result of getting a great feed from Datsyuk. There's no reason to blow up the entire gameplan and go back to old faithful right now.

Haha, the little article at the front page of LGW says the Wings "blew another 3rd period load."

Someone's head is in the gutter, haha.

Hahaha. Thank you. I was patiently waiting for someone to notice that.

I think that's exactly what people were waiting for from the Datsyuk/Hossa combination.

I'm happy for Hossa, but something is bugging me and I have to get it out... Did you see after the goal, Dats is waiting to congratulate/hug Hossa, but he skated past Dats celebrating his goal, ans waited for others come to congratulate him. I don't think Zets would do that.