• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
IUWingsFan

Still no announcement about Winter Classic Tickets

Rate this topic

I'm surprised that the Winter Classic is just over two months away, and there has still not been an announcement on how many tickets will be made available, how much they will be, etc. We all know it will be a very tough ticket no matter when they go on sale, but I just find it strange that nothing has really been released.

Has anybody heard anything new regarding the game, or have any more info on what to expect?

Bettman is supposed to attend the Hawks game tonight, so maybe we will hear something sooner rather than later, but still a bit strange...

Edited by IUWingsFan

My best friend lives in Chicago and heard that nosebleeds at Wrigley were going for $250+ each. Granted, I don't know what his source was.. it could have been a local thing from the radio/news, he works for a paper, so he may have gotten an ear from someone on the "inside". I dunno what, but I know he'd never pass up the opportunity for us to go. The price was just too steep x_x

Sounds like my boss give you absolutly no time to prepare no warning nothing, the longer we wait the harder it will be to pick up a hotel room for that weekend if we are from out of town.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Auv4...p&type=lgns

“The game is going to be sold out,” commissioner Gary Bettman said Wednesday night. “Most of the tickets, not all, are going to be going to the season-ticket holders of the Blackhawks. We’re not going to have a mass public sale like we did in Buffalo last year when we were playing in a 73,000-seat facility.”

Edited by CenterIce

At the season ticket holders party at the beginning of the year kenny said that wings season ticket holders would get a shot at the tickets...... this better not have changed. :ranting:

I bought season tickets for the Blackhawks this year in order to secure tickets the Winter Classic. I Just spoke with my ticket broker and he said the NHL wants to get the tickets out by early November. I am not sure where my seats will be or how much they will sell them to season ticket holders but I am very excited!

Here is an article in the Chicago Tribune today regarding the tickets: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hocke...0,5616587.story

Guest CaliWingsNut

“The game is going to be sold out,” commissioner Gary Bettman said Wednesday night. “Most of the tickets, not all, are going to be going to the season-ticket holders of the Blackhawks. We’re not going to have a mass public sale like we did in Buffalo last year when we were playing in a 73,000-seat facility.”

Yeah... it's not like it wasn't planned for the big house or anything... damned NHL... choose 30k wrigley over 100k in A^2....