• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Burke out as Ducks' GM

Rate this topic

You mean how Burke got rid of Ryan, Perry, Getzlaf, Kunitz? Those young assets?

Andy McDonald was what, 30 years old when Burke traded him, which he had to do because Niedermayer had him by the short n' curly's. That's hardly selling off a young asset.

There was Lupul and Smid, but they landed Chris Pronger and eventually, the Stanley Cup....and isn't that the idea? I hardly see how Lupul & Smid are "most" of the young assets. Plus, he re-couped some with the compensation for Penner.

The Ducks still have guys like Mitera, Mikkelson, Tangradi, MacMillan in their system. Not top tier guys but decent prospects.

Plus, Burke has left Bob Murray with a HUGE amount of cap flexibility next year. Perhaps as much as $20 million to spend.

....yet you neglect to mention that he needs to sign 8 forwards and 6 defenseman with that money.

....yet you neglect to mention that he needs to sign 8 forwards and 6 defenseman with that money.

So what would you rather have as an incoming GM, a team fully locked up that's somewhere between good and average, or only 8-10 contracts and the flexibility to build the way you see fit?

So what would you rather have as an incoming GM, a team fully locked up that's somewhere between good and average, or only 8-10 contracts and the flexibility to build the way you see fit?

A team being fully locked up at seasons end is pretty much non-existant, but yeah I'd go with the first one unless I had a slew of elite propescts that were ready to join the squad. Considering Muray doesn't have that luxury, then its not such a blessing. With 14 contracts to either re-sign or fill - 5 of those contracts needing to be either top 6 forwards or top 4 defenseman - a lot of that is going to have to come from free agency or from his current veteran UFA players who are going to use the market to their advantage. Its not like Murray is coming into a situation where he has 14 contracts to fill, but half of them are RFA re-signings. ALL 14 of Anaheims future spots are currently held by UFAs. If I'm a GM in this day and age, yeah I'd be wary of taking on a job that is going to require me to either work with or against free agency for the majority of my work.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

According to the Toronto media, it's a done deal Burke is going to the Leafs. <_<

according to Toronto media even very Jesus Christ is going to drop his current

job and gladly pick up Leafs GM post :unsure: