• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Never_Retire_Steve

World Junior Championship

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

I don't exactly understand the complaints. The incident between Markstrom and Esposito is called "hockey". The media blowing things out of proportion is exactly what the media does. Special teams didn't decide the game because the team with by far the most power plays lost.

I mean, I was pulling for Sweden to upset Canada and rub it in the Canadians faces, but face it, the better team here won. Better luck next year. Let's stop paying attention to the media embellishments, let the Swedish fans be upset about it, let the Canadians gloat, that's a part of winning and losing in sports.

.. and life goes on.

Overall, it was a very exciting tournament, particularly the quarterfinals and on. (a couple previous to that like U.S. vs. Canada and U.S. vs. Slovakia.

Edited by Shoreline

i'm so sad :(

really thought it was sweden's time to win this year..

i loved every minute of the tournament tho. probably the best WHJC i've seen. epic display of passion

congrats to canada

Well, think about these three things to ease your sadness:

1. We had the youngest team in WJC history, it would have been pretty historic if we won it.

2. We have like 10 players from this team who can play next year, among them Markstrom and Hedman.

3. Everyone is saying the 91's in Sweden have the most talent since the year with Zetterberg (1980), or even since Naslund & Forsberg (1973).

And if you look at Paajarvi's tournament, it might be true. That kid is probably the biggest talent I've seen since.. maybe Zetterberg, but not even he was that good at that age.

So as long as Hedman and Markstrom don't disappear to the NHL during this year, the next tournament is actually looking even more promising than this one.

Well, think about these three things to ease your sadness:

1. We had the youngest team in WJC history, it would have been pretty historic if we won it.

2. We have like 10 players from this team who can play next year, among them Markstrom and Hedman.

3. Everyone is saying the 91's in Sweden have the most talent since the year with Zetterberg (1980), or even since Naslund & Forsberg (1973).

And if you look at Paajarvi's tournament, it might be true. That kid is probably the biggest talent I've seen since.. maybe Zetterberg, but not even he was that good at that age.

So as long as Hedman and Markstrom don't disappear to the NHL during this year, the next tournament is actually looking even more promising than this one.

Sweden had three 17-year olds and seven 18-year olds.

Canada had two 17-year-olds and eight 18-year olds.

Both had 12 19-year-olds.

Not exactly a historic men-against-boys scenario.

Paajarvi's really solid, though. I hope he slips down a few rounds....

I was rooting for Sweden in the final, me being Russian and all, but after seeing the dives of Markstrom and OUR VERY OWN PROSPECT Joakim Andersson BITING Thomas Hickey I'm glad Canada rolled them.

Guest mindfly
I was rooting for Sweden in the final, me being Russian and all, but after seeing the dives of Markstrom and OUR VERY OWN PROSPECT Joakim Andersson BITING Thomas Hickey I'm glad Canada rolled them.

Biting? where? when? :S

I thought it was just me that saw that. The announcers didn't mention it at all, so I just passed it off as me dreaming something up that didn't happen.

Guest mindfly

Mikael Backlund of the swedish team will make his nhl debut tonight when flames are hosting the islanders, he got called up since bertuzzi is injured, but who knows, keenan isnt too keen (lol) in swedes so he might end up getting zero icetime.