• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CrossoverThrash

Ovechkin CHEAP SHOT

Rate this topic

wow, what a misleading title. That is the farthest thing from what you would call a cheap shot. He was just playing hockey and there was a bad connection, whether it's the guy going into the boards in an awkward position or ovechkin just hitting in a bad form, it was really nothing more than an unfornunate outcome. Any other day, that'd be a 2 minute minor for elbowing at the most, it's just in this case the guy got hurt. I guarantee you if one of the wings made that same hit and the guy didn't get hurt, most would be up in arms about a 2 minute minor even.

wow, what a misleading title. .

agreeed,but it got your attention huh? mods should change it to Ovechkin *incident*

If you do not see even anything wrong wiht this hit you've got ovechkin homer glasses on

Edited by CrossoverThrash

agreeed,but it got your attention huh? mods should change it to Ovechkin *incident*

If you do not see even anything wrong wiht this hit you've got ovechkin homer glasses on

i'm not really an ovechkin fan, at most, I think he's entertaining to watch play and that's about it. You're just making a big deal out of it because the guy got hurt which is very unfortunate but it happens. I didn't say nothing was wrong with it, he used his elbow, but that's a minor penalty, not something to call for a suspension over.

It was clean hit imho.

This is a highly controversial hit, OV clearly used his elbow (why was it up?) to smash huard's neck into the boards, did he intend the outcome? of course not, he followed huard from behind for a couple of strides, the contact ovechkin used was inappropriate for the situation, it is similar to Kostopolous's hit, no not as bad, huard was seriously injured, ovechkin is the leagues posterboy #2, he appologized and said it was unintentional, Kostopoulous apologized and said it was unintentional. Both players turned their back in similar fashions. I say a game, no matter what, ovechkin injured the guy severely and was in the totally wrong position to make a check that wasn't going to put the other player in danger. It wasn't a vicious hit, but careless nonetheless.

Guest Shoreline

Nothing wrong with the hit at all. Heward was turning into Ovechkin's check, so it was on the side. Heward's side hit the glass, and he turned back sharply the other way then fell face-first onto the ice. An unfortunate injury but not cheap whatsoever.

The OP is more of a bash against Ovechkin than anything else and not to be taken with a grain of seriousness.

Edited by Shoreline

i'm not really an ovechkin fan, at most, I think he's entertaining to watch play and that's about it. You're just making a big deal out of it because the guy got hurt which is very unfortunate but it happens. I didn't say nothing was wrong with it, he used his elbow, but that's a minor penalty, not something to call for a suspension over.

Im pretty sure somebody threw an elbow this year and the guy wasn't even injured and the offender got 5 games, a similar situation happened with mottau, it was clearly accidental, jsut like this one, but careless nonetheless

Nothing wrong with the hit at all. Heward was turning into Ovechkin's check, so it was on the side. Heward's side hit the glass, and he turned back sharply the other way then fell face-first onto the ice. An unfortunate injury but not cheap whatsoever.

The OP is more of a bash against Ovechkin than anything else and not to be taken with a grain of seriousness.

No, i have stated im an ovechkin fan, are you blind?

Guest Shoreline
No, i have stated im an ovechkin fan, are you blind?

Very:

Did anyone see this? i tuned in right after it happened and just saw the replay on OTF, disgusting, but we all know Ovechkin is gonna get away with it.... sick

Not only are you wrong, but clearly just bashing him for no reason at all. Clean hit all the way.

Edited by Shoreline

This is a highly controversial hit, OV clearly used his elbow (why was it up?) to smash huard's neck into the boards, did he intend the outcome? of course not, he followed huard from behind for a couple of strides, the contact ovechkin used was inappropriate for the situation, it is similar to Kostopolous's hit, no not as bad, huard was seriously injured, ovechkin is the leagues posterboy #2, he appologized and said it was unintentional, Kostopoulous apologized and said it was unintentional. Both players turned their back in similar fashions. I say a game, no matter what, ovechkin injured the guy severely and was in the totally wrong position to make a check that wasn't going to put the other player in danger. It wasn't a vicious hit, but careless nonetheless.

Howard knows very good that he can't turn his forhead towards the boards, his mistake and he paid for it.

Those are completely different hits.

It didn't look that bad to me, and definitely wasn't dirty, just unfortunate.

I don't think AO should be suspended.

I already explained the similarities, they are undisputable, hits from behind, head injuries, accidents, no they are not the same hit, im not saying that, ovechkin should be punished for injuring another player with a borderline hit, not because it was intentional or vicious but it was careless

I already explained the similarities, they are undisputable, hits from behind, head injuries, accidents, no they are not the same hit, im not saying that, ovechkin should be punished for injuring another player with a borderline hit, not because it was intentional or vicious but it was careless

So every time a player who is checked gets injured, the one giving the hit should be suspended because they are 'careless'?

Edited by RedStormRising

Guest Shoreline

It's "undisputable" guys, thread over. I don't think differing opinions here will be tolerated.

So every time a player who is checked gets injured, the one giving the hit should be suspended because they are 'careless'?

if they follow the player into the hit, don't let up, and lead with an elbow, yes

It's "undisputable" guys, thread over. I don't think differing opinions here will be tolerated.

i've said it was disputable, im just giving my opinion.

The way i see it is:

huard already has his back turned 15 ft form the boards, ovechkin following.

1230885985.jpg

huard has no idea where ovechkin comes from because of this, he truns inside towards the corner, he is already facing the boards form 15 ft out

ovechkins elbow clearly makes contact wiht the head

1230886226.jpg

imo it looks similar to other hits which have been suspendable

i don;t htink it was intentional but they never are

if you don't think so, fine, ill still present my argument, i think everyone know my opinion by now, form your own, its called a forum

I woudl like to see people critiqe me now that my opinion is set, this is my honest view of it, i really just dont see how people don't mind the elbow or the injury it caused.

part of this is huards fault, but he didn't willingly turn hit back to try to get injured

Heward made a mistake, exposed himself, Ovechkin hit him (clean hit) and Howard got injured. No big deal, there will be no suspension for Ovechkin, and rightfully so.

Edited by Reds4Life

Guest Shoreline
i've said it was disputable, im just giving my opinion.

they are undisputable

The way i see it is:

huard already has his back turned 15 ft form the boards, ovechkin following.

1230885985.jpg

huard has no idea where ovechkin comes from because of this, he truns inside towards the corner, he is already facing the boards form 15 ft out

ovechkins elbow clearly makes contact wiht the head

1230886226.jpg

imo it looks similar to other hits which have been suspendable

i don;t htink it was intentional but they never are

if you don't think so, fine, ill still present my argument, i think everyone know my opinion by now, form your own, its called a forum

I woudl like to see people critiqe me now that my opinion is set, this is my honest view of it, i really just dont see how people don't mind the elbow or the injury it caused.

part of this is huards fault, but he didn't willingly turn hit back to try to get injured

These screencaps don't help your argument at all. Heward is bent over, so it can't be a high elbow, because he's bent over, and it can't be a hit from behind because he's clearly on his side to the boards. Your argument here is awful.

Wow.. what a dirty hit.. I know its early but we should probably nominate this for most misleading thread title of the year.. How can it be a dirty hit when it was hardly a hit at all.. seriously... do you think that if Ovechkin had made such a dirty hit and injured one of tampa's players he would have been standing over there with all of Tampa's players checking on Heward?..

You really want to compare this with the Van Ryn hit?... because it is undisputabley the exact same circumstances?.. well how about comparing it to the 5 or 6 other times in about every game where people get nudged from behind and hit the boards?.. This hit is just a case of s*** Happens..

If you want to suspend Ovechkin for being careless then maybe we should also suspend Heward for being careless and going in like that?..

wow, what a misleading title. That is the farthest thing from what you would call a cheap shot. He was just playing hockey and there was a bad connection, whether it's the guy going into the boards in an awkward position or ovechkin just hitting in a bad form, it was really nothing more than an unfornunate outcome...

I agree, ive watched the video a few times now and it looks like an accident. In sports people are going to have accidents. Granted hockey players learn how to take, give, and avoid hits, no one is perfect. As for the idea of no hitting in hockey... its the same as telling a football player he cant hit anyone... its part of the game and people get hurt from time to time. I do hope he is okay and back on the ice in no time.

if they follow the player into the hit, don't let up, and lead with an elbow, yes

You must follow someone to hit them, if you let up YOU will get hurt, and you lead with shoulders and elbows with follow more times than not...

This is unfortunately part of the game.

I bet you were one calling for the suspension of Torrey Mitchell of San Jose last year when he sent Kurtis Foster crashing into the boards and breaking his leg in the process, while they were both chasing the puck.

Edited by RedStormRising