• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Red Wings' Injury Updates

Rate this topic

just to clarify.. i dont think the Lilja/Weber fight was about Lilja 'sticking up for" anybody. Weber isnt our enforcer either. this was a spontaneous fight caused by Lilja grabbing Webers chin and pulling him down from behind, not because someone else needed responding to...

Just to correct your clarification Weber elbowed Lils first - then Lilly grabbed Weber's chin and pulled him down.

There you go. So Lilja doesn't need to be the team's fighter. Next season, get a guy who can fight. There's only a few weeks left in the regular season so there's no point in getting a bully now. Just keep Lilja healthy and not getting his ass beat since he obviously isn't a great fighter.

:clap:

Great job Kenny!! This is what happens when you make our best pk'er stick up for the whole team. :thumbdown:

Yeah Kenny, you suck - we need some guy who tivo's the games and posts on the internet to be GM then the Wings would be super great and never lose a game or a fight again. :rolleyes: Lilly didn't get into the fight to "stick up for the whole team" he personally got an elbow from Weber, grabbed Weber's chin and pulled him down, then fought him.

I remember someone writing here that Lilja didn't play after the fight. I was thinking then that maybe Lilja was injured in that check before the fight. He looked like he was injured when he was fighting and I don't think that the fight would've been that one one-sided otherwise. Now we know that the secong blow by Weber gave him a concussion, but when did he hurt his knee? Was it when he fell down on the fight, or was it before the fight on the check?

sorry but how is it "unfair" that a fight he precipitated ends up getting him his clock cleaned? Lilja 'slipped" because Weber was beating the snot out of him... weber isnt dirty, and in fact doesnt fight much at all.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that it wasn't a fair fight, just that Lils absorbing all those punches at the end was because he was basically out on his feet. Just my wording was bad there. Weber tagged him good (impressive hook for a non-fighter!) and had no way of really knowing that Lilja was all woozy, so he just kept going. If Lils hadn't gotten tagged, he would have kept swinging and not dropped. Not blaming Weber for anything - like I said, that was a well-aimed knock to Lils' face! :lol:

(And I can chuckle about it because he's okay. :P)

What a ******* *****. I really like Lillypads, but what a ******* *****. Learn to ******* fight or don't bother retaliating after Weber's chintzy elbow.

are you kidding me? A ******* *****, being a ***** would have been hiding behind the refs or pulling an Ott. Besides that it was Weber who started the fight, and I'm sure you would have called him a ***** had he not stood up for himself. Got to love internet bad asses.

So Lilja gets in a fight and then..... doesn't fight?

I am confused. Punch the guy or something. Cripes. Hossa did a better job than Lils. <_<

well it seems like he was knocked stupid in the 1st few sec. of the fight, beyond that is just Weber beating an out on his feet man; not that he knew.

I am confused. Punch the guy or something. Cripes. Hossa did a better job than Lils. <_<

I think what alot of people are missing here is that Lils said in the article that he only remembers the first two punches, which were thrown at the beginning of the fight. So obviously Weber landed one of those punches and Lils was stunned. Hence why he just stood there holding on not moving.

We all know Lilja isnt the best of fighters, but he does tend to throw at least 2 punches on average :lol: But as GMR would say he proved against Souray 1 punch is all you need ;)

Lilja is no ***** but he is no tough guy, he can hold his own. He was at the end of his shift and Weber took advantage, does anyone remember Laraque's blog about fighting and the "unwritten rules"? You don't fight a guy that's at the end of his shift. Hope he has a speedy recovery because he has been a monster shot blocker all year. Nice to see Hossa returning and i am not liking the breaking up of the Dats-Z-Cleary line, i dont think you should juggle lines just because we did not show up at all for 1 game.

Lilja is no ***** but he is no tough guy, he can hold his own. He was at the end of his shift and Weber took advantage, does anyone remember Laraque's blog about fighting and the "unwritten rules"? You don't fight a guy that's at the end of his shift.

You'd probably make an exception for when that guy choke slams you moments before. Lilja's unchecked aggression wrote a check his fists couldn't cash. :P

You'd probably make an exception for when that guy choke slams you moments before. Lilja's unchecked aggression wrote a check his fists couldn't cash. :P

I see your point, but i think that is the reason for the fight being so one-sided.

Lilja can fight when he needs to. I really do not think Hossa landed any good ones. Was exciting o see him get into it though.