• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

3/30 GDT: San Jose at Calgary

Rate this topic

Some Sharks fans (myself included) are so dumb that they will actually pay to support a board that's otherwise free to them, one that doesn't even represent their team! Why are they dumb like that? Don't ask me, I'm a dummy. You'll have to figure that one out for yourself.

Maybe they think the Red Wing community is so much more knowledgeable than the Sharks community. :hehe:

Maybe they think the Red Wing community is so much more knowledgeable than the Sharks community. :hehe:

For me, it's more like the traffic on this board is about 100x the traffic on the Sharks board I go to. Here there is a wider variety of topics to discuss, and more active threads. That and getting perspective from fans of other teams is always refreshing. There are people who prefer to live in their bubble and only talk about their team with other people that feel the exact same way. I am not one of those people. :)

It's not their knowledge of the game, so much as their sheer love of it that attracts me (although I think some come here to LGW for the outstanding playoff wallpaper). Combine that with the sheer quality of this board (best in the NHL by far, and the credit for that rests squarely with the creators of LGW), and you've got the makings of an amazing community on the whole.

I've always enjoyed talking and watching hockey with my Wings fan friends. There are several Wings fans here in Wuxi (only one other Sharks fan here that I know of), and we get along famously. They are extremely knowledgeable, but it's their heart that counts most for me. If hockey's in your blood, you won't be hard pressed to find like-hearted lovers of the game itself from Hockeytown. You have your share of socially retarded dorks and mindless homers like any other team, but that's to be expected.

Rambling Side Thought: The Wings' official community (the official hockeytown forum, not capitalized on purpose) lacks passion, quality, imagination, you name it. No character, just like our official Sharks forum. That's not the fans' fault. The Wings franchise itself came in with too little, too late, with very little consideration or respect for forum communities. Too bad they control the logo usage on all forums. That stinks. Their own forum isn't even worthy of their own logo, IMO (and they don't even use it as a browser icon, nor is it prominently placed anywhere on their boards, so how messed up is that?). Screw them. Not the fans, but the owners and controllers responsible. If anyone deserves to use the official Wings logo on a Wings fan board it's LGW, but they're not even allowed.

Edited by Grypho

Besides, some Sharks fans here are dumb. Why are there Sharks fans here? Be in the Sharks forum, not in the Red Wings forum.

* Members are not allowed to dicate vocally whether or not fans of an opposing team should post here. Members that attempt to discourage fans from opposing teams from posting here will have their Hockey Discussion posting privileges suspended.

Please take a moment to review the forum guidelines. The Sharks fans have been more respectful and contributed more to the conversation than you have.

Some Sharks fans (myself included) are so dumb that they will actually pay to support a board that's otherwise free to them, one that doesn't even represent their team! Why are they dumb like that? Don't ask me, I'm a dummy. You'll have to figure that one out for yourself.

I hate to admit it, but on the whole, there might be something to this.

For me, it's more like the traffic on this board is about 100x the traffic on the Sharks board I go to. Here there is a wider variety of topics to discuss, and more active threads. That and getting perspective from fans of other teams is always refreshing. There are people who prefer to live in their bubble and only talk about their team with other people that feel the exact same way. I am not one of those people. :)

It's not their knowledge of the game, so much as their sheer love of it that attracts me (although I think some come here to LGW for the outstanding playoff wallpaper). Combine that with the sheer quality of this board (best in the NHL by far, and the credit for that rests squarely with the creators of LGW), and you've got the makings of an amazing community on the whole.

I've always enjoyed talking and watching hockey with my Wings fan friends. There are several Wings fans here in Wuxi (only one other Sharks fan here that I know of), and we get along famously. They are extremely knowledgeable, but it's their heart that counts most for me. If hockey's in your blood, you won't be hard pressed to find like-hearted lovers of the game itself from Hockeytown. You have your share of socially retarded dorks and mindless homers like any other team, but that's to be expected.

Rambling Side Thought: The Wings' official community (the official hockeytown forum, not capitalized on purpose) lacks passion, quality, imagination, you name it. No character, just like our official Sharks forum. That's not the fans' fault. The Wings franchise itself came in with too little, too late, with very little consideration or respect for forum communities. Too bad they control the logo usage on all forums. That stinks. Their own forum isn't even worthy of their own logo, IMO (and they don't even use it as a browser icon, nor is it prominently placed anywhere on their boards, so how messed up is that?). Screw them. Not the fans, but the owners and controllers responsible. If anyone deserves to use the official Wings logo on a Wings fan board it's LGW, but they're not even allowed.

HELP! HELP! Shark attack! Every man for themselves. :scared::)

How come I have never seen you on here until today?

Maybe I have and just forgot. :blink:

How come I have never seen you on here until today?

Maybe I have and just forgot. :blink:

I've been on here some, but look at my join date, two years ago. I'm not a regular regular season poster. I show up around playoff time whenever our playoff paths cross and destinies intertwine. This is definitely one of those seasons, more so perhaps than in 2007.