• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

4/10 GDT: 4 Crucial WC Games

Rate this topic

although i picked them to win in my weekend pics, im not happy about anaheim winning... Shiiiittttt.

Same here. I went 3/4 today. I picked Nashville to win.

Damn you Modano, vacation anywhere but Detroit this offseason, you had a Wings Blues series on your stick man

It's still possible, but Modano could have really helped out.

Anyone know what teams Ducks and Blues play next?

Anaheim - Phoenix 8:00 Saturday

St. Louis - Colorado 5:00 Sunday

If Anaheim wins Saturday then they take the 7th seed. For St. Louis to take the 7th seed, then Anaheim must lose on Saturday and St. Louis must win on Sunday.

So if Ducks get the "L" and Blues get either a "W" or overtime "L" for one point, it should be Blues/Wings matchup... right?

Yes, but Columbus also enters the mix if they lose and the Blues win.

So if Ducks get the "L" and Blues get either a "W" or overtime "L" for one point, it should be Blues/Wings matchup... right?

Yes, but if both teams win or both teams lose/lose in OT then we will face Anaheim. If any of this happens then Anaheim would be 7th because they have more wins than St. Louis during the regular season.

This is of course assuming that Columbus wins or loses in OT. If Columbus loses in regulation and St. Louis and Anaheim win then Anaheim takes over the 6th seed and Columbus becomes the 7th seed. If Columbus loses in regulation, St. Louis wins, and Anaheim loses then St. Louis moves into 6th seed and Columbus into 7th and Anaheim into 8th.

To sum it all up...we will either be facing Anaheim, St. Louis or Columubus. We'll know more tomorrow after Anaheim plays.

Hopefully, thats not as confusing to understand as it was to type up...

Edited by FunkedUp

I know one should always be wary of the underdog, but I really dont see San Jose doing anything but destroying St. Louis. San Jose is going to have the drive this year. Even if St. Louis brings their best, I don't see the Sharks taking them lightly.

Maybe they would...maybe they wouldn't.

The Blues have played well against San Jose, going 2-1-1 vs. the Sharks this season. So I'd rather see the Blues finish 6th or 8th and and play either Vancouver or San Jose than finish 7th and play Detroit.

The Blues also have the best record in the NHL since the beginning of January, and they've been playing must win games for a month....so I think this team may be ready for the playoffs moreso than most teams are right now...but we'll see.

The playoff experience for the group of young players on the team should be very helpful for the future. I'm pumped about that.

Whoever plays Anaheim should be worried. They are beating everyone as well. If Anaheim knocks off Detroit, it wouldn't shock me. You guys don't have the goaltending, and in a 7 game series, goaltending is often the difference. But we'll see how it plays out.

The West playoffs could be outstanding with the bottom seeds playing great hockey. The top seeds might get a run for their money, and there might be an upset or two.

Yes, but Columbus also enters the mix if they lose and the Blues win.

You are correct.

Columbus : 1 or 2 points

Anaheim : 2 points

- Columbus 6th, Anaheim 7th, St Louis 8th

Columbus: 1 or 2 points

Anaheim: 1 point

St Louis: 0 or 1 point

St Louis: 2 points

- Columbus 6th, St Louis 7th, Anaheim 8th

Anaheim: 0 point

St Louis: 1 or 2 points

Columbus: 0 points

Anaheim: 2 points

- Anaheim 6th, St Louis 7th, Columbus 8th

Anaheim: 2 points

- Anaheim 6th, Columbus 7th, St Louis 8th

- St Louis 6th, Columbus 7th, Anaheim 8th

- St Louis 6th, Columbus 7th, Anaheim 8th

St Louis: 1 points

These are the possible scenarios... :)

Guest mindfly

Duck guy: Who do you wanna win the most, Detroit or Anaheim?.. think i asked you that before but no answer :D reason why im asking is that you seem like a bit of a hybrid-fan :P

Edited by mindfly

Living in Windsor i've never met a St. Louis fan so i couldn't say. You are either a Wings fan or a Leafs fan here, you get the odd Canadiens, Flames, Canucks, Sens, Oilers, Bruins, and Rangers fans but never St. Louis.

That's one of the blessings of being North of the Border (or at least close to the border) when it comes to talking hockey: very limited chance of having to listen to St. Louis/Nashville -type fans (and/or stare at their hilarious mullets)!

Edited by Grateful Gadsby

Duck guy: Who do you wanna win the most, Detroit or Anaheim?.. think i asked you that before but no answer :D reason why im asking is that you seem like a bit of a hybrid-fan :P

Anaheim ^^

I root for DET. in the playoffs any series they play that is not vs. the ducks. But if///when they play eatch other in a playoff series gotta go with the ducks.

Gag. It's great to see the team do well, as it has some great young talent, and John Davidson is a great guy and a class act.

I could never congratulate their "fans," however. Having lived in St. Louis for a while, I can say with firsthand experience that Blues fans are the biggest idiots you'll find in any NHL city. Half of them couldn't care less about their team winning hockey games, let alone a Stanley Cup. As long as the Blues goon it up and send other teams' players off the ice on stretchers, they're happy. (No coincidence that BS like WWF "Smackdowns" always draw sell-out crowds in St. Louis.) Slugs like Reed Low are worshipped down there like gods, simply because they sport 1:1 shift-to-fighting major ratios (never mind that Low could barely skate, let alone shoot or score). The other half of their fans do nothing but whine about how the Blues never get enough attention from the media or "respect" from fans of other teams -- despite the obvious (to the rest of the world) fact that the franchise has never accomplished a damn thing in its entire history.

That's pretty ridiculous.. The guy who toured 30 arenas in 30 days actually said that he thought St. Louis had the best fans in the league (and he wasn't a Blues fan).

Don't WWF events sell out in every city? Without looking I guarantee you they sell out the Joe when they have them there.

And who cares is people like Goon's. I don't know anyone who "worshipped" Reed Low. Most people were excited when he went away. Cam Janssen is a fan favorite because he's a hometown kid, he drops the gloves and wins, and you can tell every shift how excited he is to be playing for the team. What's wrong with liking a goon? Maybe you should go watch Slapshot and realize hockey isn't all about the finesse game the Wings play. It turns out it's a physical sport and that's what a LOT of people in any hockey city like.

Gag. It's great to see the team do well, as it has some great young talent, and John Davidson is a great guy and a class act.

I could never congratulate their "fans," however. Having lived in St. Louis for a while, I can say with firsthand experience that Blues fans are the biggest idiots you'll find in any NHL city. Half of them couldn't care less about their team winning hockey games, let alone a Stanley Cup. As long as the Blues goon it up and send other teams' players off the ice on stretchers, they're happy. (No coincidence that BS like WWF "Smackdowns" always draw sell-out crowds in St. Louis.) Slugs like Reed Low are worshipped down there like gods, simply because they sport 1:1 shift-to-fighting major ratios (never mind that Low could barely skate, let alone shoot or score). The other half of their fans do nothing but whine about how the Blues never get enough attention from the media or "respect" from fans of other teams -- despite the obvious (to the rest of the world) fact that the franchise has never accomplished a damn thing in its entire history.

Ridiculous description. So Blues fans are the biggest idiots in any NHL city. 50% don't care about Blues winning just want to watch fights and worship Red Low. The other 50% just whine about media coverage. Just a ridiculous description of a fan base from an opposing team's fan.

You're right, the Blues haven't ever won a cup. That hasn't kept the fans from remaining loyal and passionate. St. Louis was in top 5 in TV viewership for both Winter Classics. A Tampa Bay fan went on a tour of 30 NHL rinks in 30 days and said the Blues had the best fans. Emphasized how great the atmosphere and that they really loved their team.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> &">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> &" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Guest Shoreline

LOL. So true. Politically incorrect to the nth degree (wanted to highlight the bold here), but damn true nonetheless.

Edited by Shoreline

Ridiculous description. So Blues fans are the biggest idiots in any NHL city. 50% don't care about Blues winning just want to watch fights and worship Red Low. The other 50% just whine about media coverage. Just a ridiculous description of a fan base from an opposing team's fan.

You're right, the Blues haven't ever won a cup. That hasn't kept the fans from remaining loyal and passionate. St. Louis was in top 5 in TV viewership for both Winter Classics. A Tampa Bay fan went on a tour of 30 NHL rinks in 30 days and said the Blues had the best fans. Emphasized how great the atmosphere and that they really loved their team.

They're only so passionate because most of them are criminally insane.