• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Game 2 GDT: Grand Rapids 3, Hamilton 1

Rate this topic

GAME 2: Grand Rapids Griffins @ Hamilton Bulldogs

0c106b0f016bb1daa2eb7543376e8bf5.300.jpg @ 3596d7f9e10f967733dd64ea889fb828.300.jpg

large_081031_mason.jpg

The Griffins are again on the road to take on the Hamilton Bulldogs for the second time in as many nights in their playoff battle. The Griffins secured a key 4-3 road victory last night to take a 1-0 lead in the series. The Griffins recieved offensive boost from rookie Justin Abdelkader who tallied a goal and an assist and Ville Leino who chipped in with 2 assists. Veteran Darren McCarty also had a 2 point night.

The defence will need to be as sharp as they were last night if the Griffins are to have any chance of securing a 2-0 lead. Jimmy Howard had a strong outing in net and the defence played solid hockey throughout. Joakim Andersson score his first AHL goal and the line of McCarty-Andersson-Ritola worked well as they accounted for two first period goals. Hamilton will come out firing tonight and will be desperate on leveling the series. They will be know the significance of the game as falling behind by two games with 3 consecutive games to be played in Grand Rapids would be costly. The Griffins on the other hand have a huge oppertunity to take a commanding lead.

Possible line-up:

Leino - Abdelkader - Haydar
McCarty - Andersson - Ritola
Pare - Gagnon - Lemieux
Downey - Emmerton - Tardif

Stafford - Lashoff
Galvin - Kindl
Kolosov - Josza

Howard
Larsson

Playoff Leaders:

Goals: Haydar, Abdelkader, Andersson, McCarty (1)
Assists: Leino (2)
PIM: Kolosov, Tardif (2)
Plus/Minus: 6 tied (1)

Once again, wow, what a performance by the Griffins! :thumbup:

Trailing going into the third only to score 3 goals to take a 2-0 series lead! :blink:

Abdelkader 5 points in 2 games, Leino with 4. These guys could be playing for the Wings right now.

Downey and Henry need to stop getting coincidental roughing minors and actually have a fight. This is the third game this season theyve got roughings, whilst theyve only had one fight. They dont like each other...

That is great to hear that the Griffs are doing awesome!! I hope that the Wings will not have to call up anyone, so that the Griffs can make a long run at the Calder Cup!! Keep it up boys!! Go Griffs and GO WINGS!!!

I am very happy.

I was disappointed with the Griffins effort the last 10 games of the season. They were just not playing well and that smacking around they took from Hamilton at home to lose home ice didn't help matters.

After they won the first game, I was very impressed with their performance. They came ready to play that game and Hamilton didn't look that good according to the radio broadcast I was listening too. Course, it was the home broadcaster so it was biased. :D

Winning both games on the road leaves the momentum firmly in the Griffins favor. I am just concerned that they come back to Grand Rapids and have a brain fart or something. They have taken the leg out from under Hamilton. All they have to do now is lean on them.