• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ilmickeyli

Mike Brown's hit on Hudler

Rate this topic

ok...he doesent pick his elbow up looking for a head.. Huds is looking at his pass he should look up. I would be all for a 10 game suspension if he stuck out his elbow but he does not his elbow is dropped. My opinion. You gonna have 2 ways of how people see this of course.

Edited by Duck Guy

I'm seeing an elbow to the head with no attempt at contacting the rest of the body (this is key in determining whether its suspension worthy). I'm also seeing the hit a couple seconds after Hudler let the pass go. I'm calling 2 game suspension.

the hit was 1 second after the pass not like 5 seconds passed by.

ehhh i could go either way with this hit after watching it a couple more times

Edited by Duck Guy

Some of you seem to missing the point. There was no contact and for that matter, not even INTENDED contact with the shoulder. That was a straight elbow to the face. I'm so confused on how, after watching the replay, some people believe that to be a clean hit.

Some of you seem to missing the point. There was no contact and for that matter, not even INTENDED contact with the shoulder. That was a straight elbow to the face. I'm so confused on how, after watching the replay, some people believe that to be a clean hit.

there is no elbow... it is all shoulder.

In all honestly huds should of been looking if that was ANYONE else people would be saying he should of been paying attention and not begging for a suspension

Edited by Duck Guy

Huds should have kept his head up, i cant stress this enough. This wasn't a major but it was a double-minor, brown got hudler in the face with the butt end of his stick. LOL at the Visor cutting the player... are you a. stupid b. retarded c. blind d. all of the above? When do you see someone get cut by their OWN visor....... never! (i've played for 15 years) It doesn't happen, they are created to protect the player, did you see where the cut was? The ******* visor would have to defy the laws of physics to cut Hudler there. It was not a 5 minute major, it was a double minor for high sticking so the goal would have happened regardless, we all know what Brown was trying to do whether you want to admit it or not. Brown shouldn't be suspended and i don't want him to be because he is a bum and it only favors us if some scrub is taking up ice-time on the other side.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at the Joe tonight, so I had a hard time telling if it was dirty or not. After coming home and looking at replays, this is my opinion:

How often do we see Hudler get laid out like this? Once before from Phaneuf I believe, and take a look at the video. Hudler was watching his pass.

This hit from Brown was different though, Hudler was completely blindsided by Brown, watching his pass or not, he was done.

Hudler might be the smallest player in the NHL. Ive read he is 5'10 180lbs. He is much smaller than this. Brown is much bigger. It looks like a headshot for this reason. I think Brown will be suspended just as a result of the unfortunate circumstances for both parties involved.

Now take a look at this screen cap, which CLEARLY shows that Brown's shoulder is making contact, this is not an elbow.

picture1iyx.png

I was at the Joe tonight, so I had a hard time telling if it was dirty or not. After coming home and looking at replays, this is my opinion:

How often do we see Hudler get laid out like this? Once before from Phaneuf I believe, and take a look at the video. Hudler was watching his pass.

This hit from Brown was different though, Hudler was completely blindsided by Brown, watching his pass or not, he was done.

Hudler might be the smallest player in the NHL. Ive read he is 5'10 180lbs. He is much smaller than this. Brown is much bigger. It looks like a headshot for this reason. I think Brown will be suspended just as a result of the unfortunate circumstances for both parties involved.

Now take a look at this screen cap, which CLEARLY shows that Brown's shoulder is making contact, this is not an elbow.

picture1iyx.png

He got the butt end of his stick to Hudler's face, his own visor would not cut him there. I agree Huds should have kept his head up, but Brown got the butt of his stick up into Hudler's face and cut him.

Yes Hudler should have kept his head up, and no it wasn't a late hit, but if you watch the first replay (the one low down, from Hudlers left) it is CLEARY a hit to the head, and for that reason alone, a suspension is warranted.

Yes Hudler should have kept his head up, and no it wasn't a late hit, but if you watch the first replay (the one low down, from Hudlers left) it is CLEARY a hit to the head, and for that reason alone, a suspension is warranted.

Clearly a hit to the head, yes, but only because Hudler is so small and his head is so low.

Maybe it was a butt end, its hard to tell. I dont know how Hudler was cut, but it was below his left eye right? The skin there is so soft that with a hit of that magnitude, it wouldn't take much for a cut.

just an observation, huds was cut on the left side of his head, he got hit on the right side of the head. the cut didn't come from an brown's elbow or stick.

It's an old goon trick, you can pop someone with the butt end of your stick, almost like a pool cue. This happens alot to the body to f*** up the ribs and abdominal area. Brown just did it to Hudler's face.

Edited by Yak19

just an observation, huds was cut on the left side of his head, he got hit on the right side of the head. the cut didn't come from an brown's elbow or stick.

I think the end of the stick got him on the follow through as he was going down.

nhl reviewed it and decided the 2 min penalty was enough he is in

So, I saw this on a ducks board and I'm wondering is this a rivalry/my team is right, yours is the spawn of satan, or if any wings fan can clarify why that wasn't a dirty hit? Any way you look at it to me, he straightened his arms right into hud's face...and it could have been avoided.

From the CBC telecast, I don't see any evidence of that.

If there is no intent, no injury, no elbowing, no late hit (one second is not late), no illegal hit, then there is no justification for the suspension.

As for Franzen, it wasn't Hiller's padding that Franzen made contact with, it was his head which was evidenced by Hiller's helmet being knocked of. And it looked to me like Franzen could have avoided contact with Hiller, but he made no attempt to avoid him.

DucksFan39

Today, 02:14 AM

Post #7

Franchise Player

Group: Members

Member No.: 26

The NHL is becoming a real joke, a great clean hit is now a penalty...a 5 minute major??? At worst that's a 2 minute penalty but a 5 and a game? the NHL giftwrapped that game to Detroit because it's apparently ok for them to run our goalie too.

there's two different sets of rules, that's what is clear

Edited by XxGoWingsxX

honestly? to me it was a clean hockey hit, these hits have happened forever the only difference is guys used to play with their heads up, nowadays they don't seem to need to because the league will take care of it

i give Hudler credit for getting up and finishing the game, but to me that's a clean hockey hit (especially playoffs) and doesn't even deserve 2 minutes

edit: with that being said, im not sure if this is a clean 2009 NHL hit, im not sure anyone knows what that is anymore

Edited by skacore

So, I saw this on a ducks board and I'm wondering is this a rivalry/my team is right, yours is the spawn of satan, or if any wings fan can clarify why that wasn't a dirty hit? Any way you look at it to me, he straightened his arms right into hud's face...and it could have been avoided.

I said that about the perry hit during the sjs series.. what are u talking about link is here (where you quoted me)

Edited by Duck Guy

honestly? to me it was a clean hockey hit, these hits have happened forever the only difference is guys used to play with their heads up, nowadays they don't seem to need to because the league will take care of it

i give Hudler credit for getting up and finishing the game, but to me that's a clean hockey hit (especially playoffs) and doesn't even deserve 2 minutes

edit: with that being said, im not sure if this is a clean 2009 NHL hit, im not sure anyone knows what that is anymore

Thats my point. Back in the good old days....perfectly fine hit but with the rules how they are now....Would you consider it dirty? I'd say Definitely but by old time's standards....that is as good a hit as any

I said this before, Huds should have kept his head up. It was a late hit but he finished his check... ok no problem there. The problem is that he hit Hudler in the face with the butt end of his stick, this butt end trick is used to the body a lot, i've seen it in the nhl and i've felt it playing but Brown did it to Hudler's face. ATTENTION IDIOTS! A VISOR WOULD HAVE TO DEFY THE LAWS OF PHYSICS TO CUT HUDLER WHERE HE WAS CUT! Not a major but is was a double minor for high sticking, therefore the goal would have happened. Like i said I don't even want Brown suspended because he is a scrub.

I said this before, Huds should have kept his head up. It was a late hit but he finished his check... ok no problem there. The problem is that he hit Hudler in the face with the butt end of his stick, this butt end trick is used to the body a lot, i've seen it in the nhl and i've felt it playing but Brown did it to Hudler's face. ATTENTION IDIOTS! A VISOR WOULD HAVE TO DEFY THE LAWS OF PHYSICS TO CUT HUDLER WHERE HE WAS CUT! Not a major but is was a double minor for high sticking, therefore the goal would have happened. Like i said I don't even want Brown suspended because he is a scrub.

Ok so I'm not delusional and he did in fact spear him in the face? I thought maybe his hand hit him but now that I think about it it'd be hard to bust his eye open that much with just the glove

Ok so I'm not delusional and he did in fact spear him in the face? I thought maybe his hand hit him but now that I think about it it'd be hard to bust his eye open that much with just the glove

IMO, it was definitely the butt end of Brown's stick that cut him open. High stick double minor, no major, no suspension. That extra minute didn't do anything anyway.

IMO, it was definitely the butt end of Brown's stick that cut him open. High stick double minor, no major, no suspension. That extra minute didn't do anything anyway.

Man poor hudler too. Did you see his reaction when he first saw all the blood? Little dude was in shock for a sec. His hands just straightened and stiffened and he had a horrified look on his face. That s***s always scary especially when u get hit in the head because for a sec u don't know what just happened and all u can see is blood everywhere. I got hit with a slapshot right in my cheek bone and at first i didn't feel anything and i could barely hear. Everything got hazy, then everything just went red and my hearing slowly faded back in

He had to of caught him with the Stick I have never seen blood squirt like that.