• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Downey Elbows Opposing Goalie In AHL Playoffs

Rate this topic

At least once last game, and at least twice in their previous playoff series. I don't have video, sorry.

Understandable.

IIRC, he also wears padding on the sides of his ribcage.

His ribcage isn't what you should be worrying about. You like to watch fights, right?

They shouldn't - they should fight everytime it will help the team.

Even if it creates a serious risk of injury to the player? Seriously, Pronger is an incredibly large POS and he gouged out Cleary's eye last time he fought a wing. Did Cleary return? (serious question)

It isn't selfish to not always fight - it's selfish to refuse a fight when it's in the best interest of your team.

We are going to disagree on that getting his ass pounded is in the best interest of the team.

Taking Chris Pronger off the ice = helping the team.

Losing Thomas Holmstrom=not so much.

And injuries have nothing to do with toughness, Micah. You should ******* know that if Holmstrom breaks something then he breaks something. Lilja isn't any less tough for getting concussed by Weber. What a load a bunk.

I can't believe a player would intentionally hit a goalie in the head like that! What a dick Downey is!

esteef

I was talking about this on another forum, and I do think he should be suspended for that.

Might want to have a look at post #13. He ran straight into the Moose goaltender, which more than constitutes "going near".

oh not sure what I was reading I thought this was about GAME 3!!! sorry everyone! btw Downey DID get a 10 min for slashing a player after the play

How likely do you suppose it is that Homer would be out for the remainder of the season after fighting Pronger? I guess I figured he was tough enough that such a circumstance would be highly unlikely. I knew Homer wasn't very tough, but even I give him more credit than you guys do.

How silly you are, you don't give anyone on the Wings any credit for anything - all you do is bad mouth players and all you care about in hockey is fighting - there is more to the game.

Oh yeah and as for Pronger being classy

This just shows what you think is classy - even if he is seen as dirty by more players than anyone else in the league.

Wrong again Micah.

Guest micah
How silly you are, you don't give anyone on the Wings any credit for anything - all you do is bad mouth players and all you care about in hockey is fighting - there is more to the game.

Oh yeah and as for Pronger being classy

This just shows what you think is classy - even if he is seen as dirty by more players than anyone else in the league.

Wrong again Micah.

LOL - Pronger as classy was a joke, guy. (Although I do doubt he'd pick a fight with Hudler unprovoked)

And I give lots of plqayers on the Wings credit. Pavel had a great regular season and is a great player. I said yesterday that I'm very impressed by the play of Osgood, Ericsson and Cleary so far this series. I said in this thread that I appreciate the good things about Homer - that he is willing to stand in front of the net, that he's effective, especially on the PP. I also said I don't appreciate that he's a wuss and apparently afraid of Chris Pronger. No doubt Pronger woulf own Homer in a fight, but I am confident that Homer isn't such a terrible fighter that Pronger would knock him out of the playoffs. You disagree and apparently thing that Homer is less tough than I figured, that there is considerable risk to him should he elect to fight the other team's best/cheapest player. I'm okay with agreeing to disagree.

Guest E_S_A_D

I gave up on discussing Downey at LGW, but anyone else find it humorous that Downey threads are the longest non-game threads on this board?

I don't even bother reading this garbage anymore.

Guest micah
I gave up on discussing Downey at LGW, but anyone else find it humorous that Downey threads are the longest non-game threads on this board?

That's because he's awesome!

Unlike Dats, Downey is getting noticed in the playoffs this year. If holland was smart he'd put Downey on the Wings' 1st line and send Dats down to GR for conditioning.

Yeah, except you're here posting in a Downey thread. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Downey for the first line! My sig proves he could put up some serious numbers if given the chance ;)

That sig line is awesome it always cracks me up. Especially considering his career stats of 243 games and 18 points for a whopping .074 ppg average. I love how statistics can be used to show anything. :lol:

Your first sentence is a contradiction.

Just fyi. :ph34r:

That's because he's awesome!

Unlike Dats, Downey is getting noticed in the playoffs this year. If holland was smart he'd put Downey on the Wings' 1st line and send Dats down to GR for conditioning.

Why stop there? Give him the C and his own line. Just Downey at center. No superfluous wingers. 1-on-3.

Edited by Dabura

Guest micah
Why stop there? Give him the C and his own line. Just Downey at center. No superfluous wingers. 1-on-3.

He already has the C, it's just a secret C. The one Lidstrom wears isn't real. You can tell it's a fake if you look real close. You think a soft, faggy Euro-captain could lead a team this far into the playoffs?

He already has the C, it's just a secret C. The one Lidstrom wears isn't real. You can tell it's a fake if you look real close. You think a soft, faggy Euro-captain could lead a team this far into the playoffs?

:lol: faggy....