• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
under_par_00

Wings Starting Games Flat

Rate this topic

It seems now for 2 games in a row that the Wings are starting the games flat. Even the same can be said for game 1. So 3 games in a row.

Is this a result of the Ducks simply playing hard, giving it their all, and then eventually having their big guns tire out, and the Wings can start to play their game more effectively?

Or are the Wings simply starting games not giving a s***?

I have a hard time thinking that it is the latter, with all of the experience this team has, they know what it takes to win.

In my opinion they just simply dn't seem to come out to play. To me it seems like they come out and try to establish a physical presence and with doing so they play right into Anaheim s game which benefits the ducks, as the game goes on they start playing redwing hockey and the ducks have a hard time. It probably does help that the ducks top guys wear out a little bit but if the wings would play wings hockey for the entire game instead of ducks hockey we'd be a lot better off leave the duck style to Helm and the 4th line. its a long way from over yet, and hopefully raffi is back for game 4.

It's a time-honored tradition for the Wings. I've concluded it's more sheer laziness than anything else.

The whole 3 OT thing didn't help this time, though.

Exactly, for as long as I can remember they take time off during games. It probably goes along with experience and confidence.