• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 1 GDT: Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

I think the series v the Ducks has given the Wings the wake up call they needed. The Hawks can't match what the Ducks thru at us and if they try the end to end gungho style

then I can only see one winner in this series.

Guest Shoreline
5-1 series?

Wings get 2 Wins if they decide to wear the Winter Classic Jersey, which they would wear on Game 5, thus going 5-1.

Does anyone know why after the Burish crosschecking penalty the faceoff was brought up to the middle ice instead of Chicago's zone? Emrick and Olczyk were too busy talking about something else.

Was it shot/deflected out of the zone, or maybe a hand pass/high stick? That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Although, the bold is rather funny, which why American national broadcasts are s***.

Edited by Shoreline

Does anyone know why after the Burish crosschecking penalty the faceoff was brought up to the middle ice instead of Chicago's zone? Emrick and Olczyk were too busy talking about something else.

Here's the rule book on the subject:

When players are penalized at a stoppage of play so as to result in penalties being placed on the penalty time clock to one team, the ensuing face-off shall be conducted at one of the two face-off spots in the offending team’s end zone. There are only four exceptions to this application:

(i) when a penalty is assessed after the scoring of a goal - face-off at center ice;

(ii) when a penalty is assessed at the end (or start) of a period - face-off at center ice;

(iii) when the defending team is about to be penalized and the attacking players enter the attacking zone beyond the outer edge of the end zone face-off circle - face-off in the neutral zone (see paragraph 11 of this section);

(iv) when the team not being penalized ices the puck - face-off in the neutral zone outside the blue line of the team icing the puck.

I'm predicting a sweep by the Wings. I see nothing that Chicago can do against us, I mean even if you look at the first goal they scored, that was a huge mistake on Osgood's part. Just my personal thoughts. Wings dominated on all sides of play.

Let's not get cocky guys... the Hawks have had games like this in each of their series so far, and they won both of those series.

I'm reserving my cockiness for when we've got them in a strangle hold.

I'm not sure about the series with the Flames but in the Canucks series it wasn't so much the Blackhawks that won it as the Canucks giving it away. Weaknesses in the Canucks team were exposed and those killed us. In my opinion, the Hawks did nothing surprising while the Canucks' breakdowns were horrific. The Wings have more firepower, more experience and more speed than the Canucks and we handed the Hawks the series on a plate. That's not to say Detroit will sweep. If anything the Blackhawks just keep coming, but if the Wings are steady, don't get complacent and know how to go for the jugular, I see a Red Wing six game victory.