• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedwingsPwn

Kirk Maltby to play Game 3

Rate this topic

I dunno, Darth Kader has been playing pretty well; I've been really happy with his line.

We've been playing pretty well in these past two games. I don't really see a reason to change it up--especially going into the United Center--unless Babs is just worried about the 'Kader's experience being a factor on foreign ice.

Edited by Theophany

Well Eager did have a big hit on Abby during the game which might have done a little bit of damage. But I'm thinking he wants Maltby for his penalty killing and his experience not to be intimidated by the opposition's crowd.

That's nice to hear.... It has to suck to play the entire year and then get scratched in the playoffs.... I've always been a fan of Malty so it'll be great to see him back in the lineup for game three... Hopefully these few games off of the ice gave him time to refocus and will lead to a great game on Thursday....

Go Wings!!

Logic says Abdelkader. Draper's superior faceoff skill, pk ability, veteran presence and speed win out in that battle. Gator will have his days in the sun soon enough.

Definitely. I've been pleasantly surprised by the boys we've brought up from GR thus far. I really shouldn't be, but there's always some trepidation there when you're contemplating the unknown.

Well, other than Meech, though he was a better alternative (IMO) to Chelios. Neither are an optimal #6 D-man right now.

Maltby and 'Kader is kinda a toss-up at this point in my mind. I'm not too stressed about it either way it goes. 'Kader has proved he can hang with the best the league has to offer in the role we'd bring him up in--playing with Helm on a speed/hitting/energy line--which is much better than I thought he'd do.

i like this move. even though they won the wings lacked energy last night so it is good that babs is not content merely with the win. i am also hoping he mixes the lines up a bit as none of our forward lines really clicked last night.

and abdelkader has been fine but no better than maltby IMO and hopefully this will help the PK a little. as Matt said in another thread it could also help keep the star players a bit fresher if it means they are spending less time killing penalties.

I'm thinking it has something to do with away ice. If you recall, Helm, Darth AbdelVader, and a few others were all called up at the same time I do believe. Helm immediately joined the team while It seems AbdelVader only plays home games.

Logic says Abdelkader. Draper's superior faceoff skill, pk ability, veteran presence and speed win out in that battle. Gator will have his days in the sun soon enough.

I think this will be especially true in Chicago. That crowd will be rabid for both games and if anybody can handle it, he can.

I'm assuming this is a PK-centric move. Giving up a PP goal in 11 straight games is not only unacceptable, its downright pathetic given this roster.

This is what I'm thinking as well. I hope he provides a spark for our pk unit.

I'm glad to see Malts back! Nothing against Abby, but Maltby is damn good on the PK. You can't beat veteran experience this time of the year!

I really don't see why he was scratched in the first place. Unless Babs is trying to get him going by sitting him. Worked like a charm last time!

I'm assuming this is a PK-centric move. Giving up a PP goal in 11 straight games is not only unacceptable, its downright pathetic given this roster.

I agree there is no excuse for the bad PK the Wings have had. It is even more puzzling considering how good they have been when they are down on a 5 on 3.

no doubt the hawks are gonna come out firing hard with lots of speed on their home ice. if they pressure the wings and take penalties, maltby and draper have been there before and can calm the team with textbook penalty killing. i say it as much as everyone else that maltby is on his last leg and draper is losing steps often, but in the playoffs, you also gain experience watching from the press box....where to be, and how to do it. babs doesn't want 12 straight games with a pp goal against. him and the wings are too proud and all about positive records. even though that shows just how dominant they are 5 on 5, being 10-3 in the post season with a so-so pk.

no doubt the hawks are gonna come out firing hard with lots of speed on their home ice. if they pressure the wings and take penalties, maltby and draper have been there before and can calm the team with textbook penalty killing. i say it as much as everyone else that maltby is on his last leg and draper is losing steps often, but in the playoffs, you also gain experience watching from the press box....where to be, and how to do it. babs doesn't want 12 straight games with a pp goal against. him and the wings are too proud and all about positive records. even though that shows just how dominant they are 5 on 5, being 10-3 in the post season with a so-so pk.