• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Psychlone

What matchup were Wings Fans hoping for?

Rate this topic

I was hoping that the Pens wouldn't even make the playoffs, but when it became apparant that they would go far I kinda started hoping for this matchup.

Not because I think the Wings will win easy or anything, but because no other possible matchup has all the storylines and history that this one has.

It's going to be a very fun SCF.

Probably the best thing for the NHL was a Pens-Wings rematch. The NHL's poster child can now get his revenge against the Yankees of the NHL. The TV ratings for this series is going to be incredible.

Personally, I wanted to see Detroiut vs an Original 6 team. I knew Montreal was going to flop in the playoffs but I thought with Boston's solid goaltending and defense they would pull through, but their pathetic offense really let me down.

I though the Rangers had a chance to advance into the second round, but their "D" and goalie Henrik Lundqvist let them down.

Chalk up another vote for Boston here; I agree the Sydney hype will probably reach epic proportions. It's a good opportunity for both teams, though - Pens have a chance at retribution and Wings have a chance to show that one star player does not a Stanley Cup make. :)

Could we have this series with no announcers this time?

To be honest, I'm pretty torn right now. Not trying to sound too cocky, but I kind of wanted to play the Pen's again - just to kill the hype around Crosby. Keep the Pen's from getting their revenge.

But I personally feel like both teams are significantly playing better than last year. I feel like they might give us a run for our money, but I trust our supporting cast (Helm, Cleary, Sammy, Hudler) more then the Pen's if our big time guys are shutdown.

Like anyone can shut down Franzen haha. :lol:

If I had to choose another team, It'd be Boston. But for now, Im saying Wings in 6.

I would of like to see a Wings vs. Boston series. Old school teams!

This...somewhat because of the Original six facet, but to be perfectly honest, I thought to myself, 'we've already beaten the Capitals, Canes, and Penguins for the Cup...lets beat someone else this time!" ;)

It's moments like that when I reallize how incredibly spoiled we are...and I smile.

Second was probably the Capitals...last was definitely Pittsburgh, just because i'm sick and ******* tired of Crysby. God he annoys the piss out of me.