• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crotty99

Wow..

Rate this topic

Im actually a huge fan of The PensBlog, i read it pretty much every day and it usually gives me a laugh. (yes sometimes they push the limits with certain issues ie. Vladdy) But i generally respect their hockey opinion and can usually count on them to give me a good read.

However their last recap for the wings game is absolutely disgraceful. I was hoping they would quite their whining fans but no they are the biggest whiners yet!

Take a read for yourself : http://thepensblog.com/pensblog/june-2009/...-pens-lose.html

To question whether or not this is "hockey" anymore is just a beyond a joke.

I just hope certain media do not catch wind of the pens interference conspiracy and turn it into the main headline of the series. It wouldn't surprise me though given the amount of attention our "lively" boards have been given in the last few days. I didn't know that they changed the kick plates over at the end of each period so its only behind the wings net :lol:

Haven't heard Byslma or the Pens whine though, who cares what a fan blog writes.

I mean, they showed stills of "Malkin getting the better of Z" and really, if I recall, Malkin was pretty much out of his pads by the end of the whole thing.

I still like the Pens more this year then under Baby Therrien. Even Cindy hasn't whined yet, has she?

Edited by C-Dub

Yes its true the team itself has been quite however im just so sick of every single team we play making these ridiculous excuses and i think this takes it to a new level.

Meh i know its never going to end but i was just frustrated and felt like venting :lol:

I think what is funnier is the fact that the Pens forums/blogs are loaded with BS about how the RW are NHL's poster team and they rewrite the rules for the almighty RW. "Gary Bettman is getting what he wanted" ahahahahah really? How can these people not realize it is 1056% the opposite?

Yes its true the team itself has been quite however im just so sick of every single team we play making these ridiculous excuses and i think this takes it to a new level.

Meh i know its never going to end but i was just frustrated and felt like venting :lol:

Isn't it pretty much the other teams giving us props? They can't just constantly be in awe of our awesomeness so...they gotta say something like: "Oh they cheat, all the time, and it's a conspiracy." Essentially, they are saying they are completely overwHELMed and have no answer.

Of course, as far as I am concerned, both Game 1 and 2 could have gone either way. The games are tight as the finals should be and the Pens are certainly a talented and skilled team. I am happy that the two least penalized teams made it in the Final, once again showing that hockey is more than just fits flying and sticks being broken over enemy's backs (cough cough Anaheim).

Anyhoo, I doubt the media will address this much. During the game last night one of the announcers said that the Wings are doing a great job of "interfering" just enough to throw you off your game without crossing the line of legality. :thumbup:

Edited by C-Dub

overwHELMed

SeeWhatYouDidOwl.jpg

I guess it is a backwards compliment to our greatness, i just wish people would call it what it is, 2 great teams who are battling it out, not giving either team an inch of ice as it should be.

Apparently Hossa slashed Dupuis on the Filpulla goal.

I have a question: WHAT ******* SLASH?

It because the stick broke, when a stick breaks the Refs make a call.. they have all year but not last night (which I though was the right call).

The NHL needs to look into these sticks, they suck, they break all the god dam time. Go back to the Wood sticks or fix these new sticks. Its so stupid seeing so many broken sticks every game.

It because the stick broke, when a stick breaks the Refs make a call.. they have all year but not last night (which I though was the right call).

The NHL needs to look into these sticks, they suck, they break all the god dam time. Go back to the Wood sticks or fix these new sticks. Its so stupid seeing so many broken sticks every game.

I agree

I usually understand those calls because from the refs point of view, he sees a player hit another players stick and it breaks. However on Hossa's "slash" i didn't even see him hit Dupes stick. It seems like he stick lifted or maybe it was just a collision of 2 sticks after the puck that caused the stick to break. I could be blind but i keep looking for his "slash" and i cant see it. I cant believe people have an issue with this call.

Apparently Hossa slashed Dupuis on the Filpulla goal.

I have a question: WHAT ******* SLASH?

I'm not sold on Ozzie's "high stick" on Staal either. I understand the concept that "a player is responsible for their stick", but Ozzie moved around the net, his stick was on the ice in a "normal" position, and Staal skated right into it. I understand you can't give goalies license to clothesline attackers, and I understand that "intent" doesn't matter with a high stick call, but Ozzie wasn't swinging lumber or lowering the drawbridge.

Edited by Gizmo

Haven't heard Byslma or the Pens whine though, who cares what a fan blog writes.

I mean, they showed stills of "Malkin getting the better of Z" and really, if I recall, Malkin was pretty much out of his pads by the end of the whole thing.

I still like the Pens more this year then under Baby Therrien. Even Cindy hasn't whined yet, has she?

Yeah, Bylsma is >>>>>>>>>>>> than Therien when it comes to not whining. I can actually watch a press conference without being annoyed at what comes out of his mouth. And even though Crosby still say somewhat irritating stuff at press conferences, he's improved quite a lot.

I'm not sold on Ozzie's "high stick" on Staal either. I understand the concept that "a player is responsible for their stick", but Ozzie moved around the net, his stick was on the ice in a "normal" position, and Staal skated right into it. I understand you can't give goalies license to clothesline attackers, and I understand that "intent" doesn't matter with a high stick call, but Ozzie wasn't swinging lumber or lowering the drawbridge.

Agreed

man are they crying alot.

I will give them a couple of their points, but you would think the Wings were literally raping them on the ice. I find any argument for this type of stuff laughable if they are not willing to talk about calls/no calls in their favor like the Crosby hit to Z's head and the many such hits (see Abbys goal in game 1 and the shot / attempted shot to the face he took after the goal). The pens are getting away with a ton of that crap, the fight at the end of game 2 came after yet another cheap shot, Crosby cheap tweak on Malts after game 1, that is one of the things they are getting away with so if they want the refs to start calling every little thing, they just might wind up regretting it. Also watching a frame by frame of Z in the crease in game 2, he never touches the puck with his hands or controls/covers it, he falls in the crease, pulls his body forward, the puck comes in fromt he second shot and hits him in the stomach and bounces slightly out, never comes close to being touch with the hands or handled in any fashion, whether it's legal to lay in the crease like that or not I am not sure, but he did not handle that puck in anyway.

Anyways the refs are either going to let these smaller things go or whistle them for both teams, as long as it's even for both I am all for it. I think so far they have balanced things out pretty well.

I've looked at the Hossa play several times in game speed and in slow mo. It is clear that he just lifted Dupuis' stick and then Dupuis spun around and his stick hit Hossa's skate and broke. Great hockey play. Fans of losing teams just see what they want to see. In game speed that may have looked like a hook, but it clearly wasn't.

Agreed

And on top of that, the contact knocked Ozzie's stick out of his hand, the Pens kept the puck in our zone and Ozzie spent what seemed like 30 seconds in the crease with no stick while the team tried to clear the puck. I'm not sure how we got the better end of that deal!

They can whine all they want.

The Pens have gotten away with murder this series.

According to the WRITTEN NHL RULE (that was invoked in round one against the Flyers Carcillo) Malkin shouldnt even be playing in the next game. He SHOULD have a MANDATORY one game suspension, but once again this league is like congress and they just do whatever they want when it comes to the rules THEY make.

I dont agree with Malkin being suspended, but that is the rule.

The Pens fans need to shut the f*** up and watch what is really going on out there. We have played awful for about 2/3 of each game.

Yet we are up 2-0.

And on top of that, the contact knocked Ozzie's stick out of his hand, the Pens kept the puck in our zone and Ozzie spent what seemed like 30 seconds in the crease with no stick while the team tried to clear the puck. I'm not sure how we got the better end of that deal!

cos Ozzie is our weak link, they did us a favor by taking him out of the play. Trust me we would have been scored on like 5 times otherwise.

:P

Yahoo's front page reads.

The NHL made a mockery of its rulebook when it gave a pass to brawl instigator Evgeni Malkin.

Apparently its only in Pittsburgh where morons are making a big deal over perfectly normal playoff hockey. The only gripe the Pens have is last couple series the refs gave them everything, now they're swallowing the whistle, something that happens every damn year in the playoffs the further they go on.

Bottom line, whining is what losers do. Pens keep losing their media will find something to whine about.

And apparently the fans reading that site aren't any brighter...taken from the first comment by bryangm shown below the game 'recap':

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Hmm...Bryan...Japan...the answer is Japan.

And apparently the fans reading that site aren't any brighter...taken from the first comment by bryangm shown below the game 'recap':

lol its a quote from "Animal House" one the best movies ever.

To make it more complicated I can't let go the fact that Dats and Nick got 1 game suspention during All Star game, because of the ******* moronic NHL rules, if you going to enforce rules to our stars why not Malkin is he above the other players.

Haha to be fair i think its a quote from some movie.