• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kluegs17

Red Wings ATROCIOUS Penalty Killing

Rate this topic

The only flaw I can find on this year's red wings team is their penalty killing...it has been absolutely ATROCIOUS during the playoffs. I believe there was a 10+ game stretch where they gave up at least 1 PP goal per game and they gave up another 2 tonight.

Their PK unit is so passive it's a joke...they just let the opposition pepper Osgood for 2 straight minutes. I understand you have to be responsible on the PK, but you have to pick some battles in the corners to try and clear the puck...you can't let people walk into the slot or have the defensemen rip shots from the top of the circles time after time. Man up and be more aggressive on the PK, you don't see the Pens playing that soft

Playing a box or a diamond PK without ever applying any pressure may have worked in PeeWee but it does not work in the NHL!!! :ranting: I'm sure not having Datsyuk and Draper hurts, but the PK units are pathetic

good thing you made a new thread... i was beginning to think nobody cared. :rolleyes:

The only flaw I can find on this year's red wings team is their penalty killing...it has been absolutely ATROCIOUS during the playoffs. I believe there was a 10+ game stretch where they gave up at least 1 PP goal per game and they gave up another 2 tonight.

Their PK unit is so passive it's a joke...they just let the opposition pepper Osgood for 2 straight minutes. I understand you have to be responsible on the PK, but you have to pick some battles in the corners to try and clear the puck...you can't let people walk into the slot or have the defensemen rip shots from the top of the circles time after time. Man up and be more aggressive on the PK, you don't see the Pens playing that soft

Playing a box or a diamond PK without ever applying any pressure may have worked in PeeWee but it does not work in the NHL!!! :ranting: I'm sure not having Datsyuk and Draper hurts, but the PK units are pathetic

Guest Shoreline

As long as they keep winning I'm not worried about a bad PK %.

good thing you made a new thread... i was beginning to think nobody cared. :rolleyes:

I would have posted this right after the game...but I registered and didn't get permission to post on this site until today. Typical Walmart Wolverine snob...

I would have posted this right after the game...but I registered and didn't get permission to post on this site until today. Typical Walmart Wolverine snob...

There have been just a few threads on this already. I think that was his point.

In the last game they did get aggressive on the PK and got burned for it. I believe franzen if I'm not mistaken went out of the box to break up a pass and got caught out of position and the Pens scored on that shot. Had he been in the box?? who knows if they would of scored. I agree the PK has been bad, but it has been bad all year not just in the playoffs.

enough time for you to search and find the 9 other threads, no excuse.

anyway... don't take life too seriously. welcome.

Why do we always lose faceoffs on the PK? We are a pretty darn good team in terms of faceoffs and we lose every fricken one when on the PK. That's the most important part of a penalty kill, IMO

Add in Pavel and Draper, problem solved!

considering our pk was one of the worst in the league all year long with pavel and draper perfectly healthy, nope that's not the answer. our pk has been terrible all season and all playoffs. no reason to think it's going to turn around now. makes it hard to win a series when the opposition is scoring power play is sitting at 50 % this series. ******* pathetic!

Guest Shoreline
the problem is the light bulb has finally gone off in bettman's and the refs' heads.

And what would that mean?

Edited by Shoreline

honestly... I know nobody wants to admit it.. but the biggest indication of a good powerplay is the goalie... as good as Osgood has been in these playoffs, he's terrible on the PK... too small too slow

more concerning is the wings losing nearly every ******* face off in our zone on pk's and even more concerning is the inability to clear a puck! clear the damn puck! god!!!!

more concerning is the wings losing nearly every ******* face off in our zone on pk's and even more concerning is the inability to clear a puck! clear the damn puck! god!!!!

I am more concerned with Osgood not being able to shut the door on the PK... you just know when they start passing it around they are going to put it by him.. I cant think of many instances where he has made some big saves on the PK.. and if he does its by him a couple seconds later...

Guest Shoreline
I am more concerned with Osgood not being able to shut the door on the PK... you just know when they start passing it around they are going to put it by him.. I cant think of many instances where he has made some big saves on the PK.. and if he does its by him a couple seconds later...

Time for a new memory. Yours is broken.

Wings just look like they don't want it. I don't know if it's injuries catching up to them or if the Stanley Cup hangover is now kicking in... Not sure, but I have not seen them play this bad since regular season.