• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snazzy

Red Wings / Penguins SCF Series Summary

Rate this topic

Red Wings and Penguins SCF series summary.

DET: Goals for 16 / Goals against 12

PENS: Goals for 12 / Goals against 16

Fleury 2.89

Ozzy 1.84

At the JLA:

Detroit goals for 11 / Goals against 2

Penguins goals for 2 / Goals against 11

^Pens could only score 2 goals with 3 tries at the JLA. Wings scored 11 goals in 3 tries.

Go Wings! ;)

Yea I'm sure the Pens will look at those stats today or tomorrow and say that's it let's not even bother showing up to the Joe on Friday. You're also the same idiot on here that was saying how the Wings were going to close it out in 5 games last week after the series was 2-0, and how the Blackhawks were a more resilient team then the Penguins are and played the Wings a lot tougher then the Penguins have. Let's hear about the Ducks too one more time and how awesome they were and how if they played the Penguins they would have swept them and beat them by 18 goals every game...

That's nice, but it's a Game 7. All bets are off, anything can happen.

I'm liking the Wings chances, but I have a feeling the game is going to be a lot tougher than any of the prevous JLA games in the series.

Yea I'm sure the Pens will look at those stats today or tomorrow and say that's it let's not even bother showing up to the Joe on Friday. You're also the same idiot on here that was saying how the Wings were going to close it out in 5 games last week after the series was 2-0, and how the Blackhawks were a more resilient team then the Penguins are and played the Wings a lot tougher then the Penguins have. Let's hear about the Ducks too one more time and how awesome they were and how if they played the Penguins they would have swept them and beat them by 18 goals every game...

Its okay, you're not expected to like this post, just like you're not expected to enjoy Friday's game either.

Its okay, you're not expected to like this post, just like you're not expected to enjoy Friday's game either.

Guess we will find out buddy wont we...This game is going to be an all out war. There will be no blowouts like there were last Saturday in Game 5...

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Guess we will find out buddy wont we...This game is going to be an all out war. There will be no blowouts like there were last Saturday in Game 5...

Pens probably won't get PWNED like they did in Game 5. But a loss is still a loss so find a way to cope after Friday's game. I recommend getting ready for football season.

That's nice, but it's a Game 7. All bets are off, anything can happen.

I'm liking the Wings chances, but I have a feeling the game is going to be a lot tougher than any of the prevous JLA games in the series.

All bets were off in game 5 too. And then we blew them out and had a shut out.

I'm feeling pretty damn good about Game 7 at the Joe. If game 7 was in Pittsburgh, then I might feel a bit unsure... But we earned home ice advantage for a reason and the JLA is in their heads.

Pens probably won't get PWNED like they did in Game 5. But a loss is still a loss so find a way to cope after Friday's game. I recommend getting ready for football season.

Nah Ill get ready to celebrate 2 Championships within 4 months of one another seeing that we already got the 6 time Super Bowl Champs who won in February, and late Friday night we will be celebrating a Stanley Cup Championship. I would tell you to get ready for football season as well but I dont know how you can get ready for football season when your team couldnt even win a ******* game last year lol...

My prediction was Wings in 6. I said that I wouldn't be surprised if Wings take it in 5, but due to our injuries, I was thinking 6. I said the Hawks were resilient because they played us hard when we were healthy. Penguins struggled to beat us despite being depleted, injured, and a schedule that favors the Pens. Hawks probably would of taken it to 7 too. And we would have lost to Anaheim if they had the same lucky opportunity as Pens got.

Wings blew their chance of taking it in 6 when they decided to mail it in. I expect Wings to bring their A game Friday night, they have no choice. Red Wings play their best hockey when it's all on the line.

Edited by Snazzy

Nah Ill get ready to celebrate 2 Championships within 4 months of one another seeing that we already got the 6 time Super Bowl Champs who won in February, and late Friday night we will be celebrating a Stanley Cup Championship. I would tell you to get ready for football season as well but I dont know how you can get ready for football season when your team couldnt even win a ******* game last year lol...

We don't come on here to discuss football, we come on here to discuss hockey and our thoughts about the Wings. If this were a Lions site, I wouldn't be here. I don't follow football, although I do know that the Lions stunk. But, what does that have to do with the Wings? Ah...nothing. Good for your football team, winning a championship. I bet you also have some really pretty cheerleaders that won some kind of award too. Woo hoo! Good for Pittsburgh.

The fact is, we did celebrate winning a Stanley Cup last year and will celebrate again this year.

There will be no blowouts like there were last Saturday in Game 5...

...because you were expecting there to be a blowout at any point this series in the first place? As I've told you before, arrogance goes both ways.

My prediction was Wings in 6. I said that I wouldn't be surprised if Wings take it in 5, but due to our injuries, I was thinking 6. I said the Hawks were resilient because they played us hard when were healthy. Penguins struggled to beat us despite being depleted, injured, and a schedule that favors the Pens. Hawks probably would of taken it to 7 too. And we would have lost to Anaheim.

Wings blew their chance of taking it in 6 when they decided to mail it in. I expect Wings to bring their A game Friday night, they have no choice. Red Wings play their best hockey when it's all on the line.

Wings blew their chance of taking it in 6 because they got OUTPLAYED by the Penguins last night buddy that's why pure and simple...The Penguins wanted it more last night from the drop of the puck that was evident right away. A lot of Wings fans like yourself expected the Penguins to just lay down after that ass kicking on Saturday and not even show up last night and let the Wings skate with the Cup on their home-ice again. Well it's payback time now for the Pens time to turn the tables and skate with the Cup at the Joe.

Hossa is going to look like a total ******* loser if the Wings dont win this Game on Friday night seeing what he said about going to the Wings over the Pens in the off-season, and considering he has been a complete no show this entire series not even scoring 1 goal. Where was Hossa last night I didnt even know he played?? I also thought with Datsyuk back and the extra 3 days of rest the Wings were suppose to be more stronger last night and come out and take it to the Pens...

We don't come on here to discuss football, we come on here to discuss hockey and our thoughts about the Wings. If this were a Lions site, I wouldn't be here. I don't follow football, although I do know that the Lions stunk. But, what does that have to do with the Wings? Ah...nothing. Good for your football team, winning a championship. I bet you also have some really pretty cheerleaders that won some kind of award too. Woo hoo! Good for Pittsburgh.

The fact is, we did celebrate winning a Stanley Cup last year and will celebrate again this year.

Pens fans are so predictable. They all use the same pathetic arguments; "football" and "economy".

here is a perfect example of how they work

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59110 Lol.

Im not the one who brought football up if you look above. The one guy said I recommend getting ready for football season. So if you dont want to talk about football I recommend keeping it out of the conversation before accusing me of bringing it up first.

I dont know how you can get ready for football season when your team couldnt even win a ******* game last year lol...

Please, do what you will, just don't insult our precious Lions!

FYI: Detroit loves the Lions about as much as Pittsburg loves thin, attractive women.

Edited by Ozzie30

Wings blew their chance of taking it in 6 because they got OUTPLAYED by the Penguins last night buddy that's why pure and simple...The Penguins wanted it more last night from the drop of the puck that was evident right away. A lot of Wings fans like yourself expected the Penguins to just lay down after that ass kicking on Saturday and not even show up last night and let the Wings skate with the Cup on their home-ice again. blah-blah-blah [insert ****** bag statements here]

Exactly. Like I said, Red Wings decided not to show up. Pens had it all on the line and played like it. Wings just mailed it in and showed no interest until the last 15 minutes of the game. And still barley lost the game.

Kudos to Pens for playing like it was their last game. It was. Just like Detroit will finally play like it's their last game. Anyone who follows the Wings know that they play like freaking MONSTERS when it's all on the line.

Go Wings!

Exactly. Like I said, Red Wings decided not to show up. Pens had it all on the line and played like it. Wings just mailed it in and showed no interest until the last 15 minutes of the game. And still barley lost the game.

Kudos to Pens for playing like it was their last game. It was. Just like Detroit will finally play like it's their last game. Anyone who follows the Wings know that they play like freaking MONSTERS when it's all on the line.

Go Wings!

They got outplayed dude period. The Wings showed up they just got outplayed by the Pens. Why is that so hard for you to admit?? Yea that's right the Wings didnt want to close the series out in Pittsburgh for a second straight season and have Hossa humiliate them by skating with the Cup on Mellon Arena ice. Yea Im sure Babcock told his guys let's not show up until 15 minutes left in the 3rd guys so that we can go back and play a game 7 on Friday night in Detroit where anything can happen. Any Wings fan on here who thinks the Wings didnt want to close out the Pens and get this series over with and think they decided not to just show up as the reason why they lost are in complete denial...

Edited by 87to71

Hossa is going to look like a total ******* loser if the Wings dont win this Game on Friday night seeing what he said about going to the Wings over the Pens in the off-season, and considering he has been a complete no show this entire series not even scoring 1 goal. Where was Hossa last night I didnt even know he played?? I also thought with Datsyuk back and the extra 3 days of rest the Wings were suppose to be more stronger last night and come out and take it to the Pens...

If I were you I'd be a little more worried about Crosby and Malkin being complete non-entities at the Joe. f***, even in the series overall an AHL 4th-liner is STILL outgoaling Sid.

If I were you I'd be a little more worried about Crosby and Malkin being complete non-entities at the Joe. f***, even in the series overall an AHL 4th-liner is STILL outgoaling Sid.

Both of these guys will show up and make an impact in Game 7 on Friday night. One thing about Sidney Crosby if you look at his track record since he came into the league is he always has a tendency to show up and make an impact at the most crutcial times and the most crutcial games.

They got outplayed dude period. The Wings showed up they just got outplayed by the Pens. Why is that so hard for you to admit?? Yea that's right the Wings didnt want to close the series out in Pittsburgh for a second straight season and have Hossa humiliate them by skating with the Cup on Mellon Arena ice. Yea Im sure Babcock told his guys let's not show up until 15 minutes left in the 3rd guys so that we can go back and play a game 7 on Friday night in Detroit where anything can happen. Any Wings fan on here who thinks the Wings didnt want to close out the Pens and get this series over with and think they decided not to just show up as the reason why they lost are in complete denial...

No, he didn't. Wings are responsible for themselves. We seen it time-and-time again that Red Wings seem to do no-shows when losing isn't do or die. We can blame it on the Stanley Cup Hangover for their lack of urgency.

Of course Pens outplayed the Wings in game 6. Pens threw everything they had and played their hearts out... they knew it was a do or die game. Despite throwing everything they had at the Red Wings, they just barely won. But a win none-the-less.

I wish the Red Wings would have shown up to beat the Pens, but they just didn't bring it. They seemed uninterested.

I do not believe for one second that Babcock told the team to blow the game. I think they blew the game all on their own. It's happened a lot through the course of the season.

Both of these guys will show up and make an impact in Game 7 on Friday night. One thing about Sidney Crosby if you look at his track record since he came into the league is he always has a tendency to show up and make an impact at the most crutcial times and the most crutcial games.

Just like the entire Red Wings *TEAM* (hence why they are called "the machine"). :)