• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FLWINGSFAN4013

UFA's

Rate this topic

I dunno...not much of this is realistic...however someone mentioned Moen, who I like...he's not very expensive. Tough to say...with these new contracts for Z and Mule starting next year, we don't have much cap room at all... I mean even without Hossa coming back, some of our players are gonna have to take a hike.

http://www.letsgowings.com/salarychart/index.php

According to our own LGW.com even WITH Z and Franz's contract going into effect, we have $9.4 million availble before anyone signs. If Hossa signs for a hit of $6million it'll cost us about $3million for Abdelkader, Leino (resign at $900,000) Helm, Howard and Ericcson. That'll leave $400,000. That is it. That is losing ALL of our UFA/RFA minus Hossa. Convince Maltby and Draper to retire and convince Rafi to accept a trade and if Lilja cannot play that'll open up $9.6 million MORE. then we will have roughly $10million for UFA's or trade line aquisitions...

I do like Fedorov coming home, but not for the $4 million he made last season. If he'd take $1 to $1.5 million, he'd look great with Z or Pav AND on the Powerplay...

When do we find out about the cap number

It officially comes out in late June, usually a week or so before free agency begins.

But Bettman already said the cap will drop a bit, unless the NHLPA uses its right to boost the cap by 5%, which would bring the cap back in line with where it was this past season.

So in the end, it'll either be down a bit, or relatively the same.

Just skimmig through the list, some players that might be worth a year or two: (if we can get rid of Draper, Maltby and Rafi)

Pahlsson, Peca, Scott Nichol, Yelle, Knuble, Neil, Hinote, Tanguay (if he'd come cheaper), Fedorov (cheap), Moen, Lappy, a healthy Bertuzzi (cheap).

Let Hudler, Sammy, Kopecky, McCarty, Chelios walk. It'd be fun to see Yelle and Tanguay back together. Hmmmmm....

I'm one of the ones who would both like and expect to see us resign Hossa, so take from that what you will. (although that Bouwmeester pipedream would be welcome as well)

Sounds like Lilja is out cause of his concussion, and like most everyone I wasn't particularly impressed with Rafalski or Stuart this playoffs. Rafalski is a hometown guy, so I just don't see us moving him. Stuart has a NTC, but I could see him being willing to give it up in the right situation. One guy I would like for us to look at is Francois Beauchamin, I thought he played pretty well against us, and he has some grit. I think we might be able to convince Fedorov to take a one year deal to wrap up his NHL career back in Detroit, and he could help, especially in special teams situations which suddenly seem to be disasters.

And on the topic of Maltby or Drapes getting forced out - I don't see it happening. The reason Hossa came, and others are willing to take a discount to come here is the consistency and loyalty within the organization. Therefore I see us leaving Abdelkader down one more year.

So in come Beauchamin, Fedorov, Ericsson, Helm, and Leino replacing Hudler, Samulson, Lilja, Stuart, and Kopecky. I think this would significantly improve team speed and toughness, which is what seemed to be lacking in the playoffs.