• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dimaline312000

Still Champions

Rate this topic

Still champions? We lost. We aren't anything right now other than the runners-up. We definitely battled as injuries and fatigue worked against us, but can we as a fan base quit trying to find ways to avoid crediting Pittsburgh for beating us? They beat us. It wasn't easy. They deserve the Cup. Next season we take it back.

I'm not trying to discredit the Pens but did we are did we not win the Central Division Championship and the Western Conference Championship. Stanley Cup- No. No matter what anyone says no one can take away the Championships that we have won this season. It's just like in 04/05 when the Detroit Pistons lost the NBA title to San Antonio I believe in 7 Games if I remember correctly. The Detroit Pistons were still Easter Confernece Champions. Or even when the Detroit Tigers lost the World Series to St. Louis. The Detroit Tigers were still American League Champions. A Championship isn't always mesuared as who was the last one standing but what you have done to get there. So as much as you nay-sayers say we aren't Champions just becasue we didn't Win the Cup we are Still Champions.............. At least in my book.

Moral and Morale are a big part of hockey. I'm sure the Wings players aren't looking at this season as a complete success but it was a success. You're not always last if you ain't first. If I may be so blunt I believe the New York Islanders were last. I'm willing to bet the Wings are looking at this season and looking at what they DID accomplish and these two things are right up there. Losers aren't always losers. Sometimes the best Winners are Losers. We aren't always going to win the Cup.

We aren't always going to have a season like 07/08 or 01/02 where the Wings took everything from the Central Division, Western Conference Season Champions, President's Trophy Winners/Champions, Western Confernce Playoff Champions, to Stanley Cup Champions.

You have to look at the good and we took a lot of good out of this season. I'm making excuses for what we did or didn't accomplish but before you can become the Stanley Cup Champions you have to at least become Confernce Champions and that is still a Championship non-the-less. If I take nothing more out of this 08/09 season I will take those two Championships.

Moral and Morale are a big part of hockey. I'm sure the Wings players aren't looking at this season as a complete success but it was a success. You're not always last if you ain't first. If I may be so blunt I believe the New York Islanders were last. I'm willing to bet the Wings are looking at this season and looking at what they DID accomplish and these two things are right up there. Losers aren't always losers. Sometimes the best Winners are Losers. We aren't always going to win the Cup.

We aren't always going to have a season like 07/08 or 01/02 where the Wings took everything from the Central Division, Western Conference Season Champions, President's Trophy Winners/Champions, Western Confernce Playoff Champions, to Stanley Cup Champions.

You have to look at the good and we took a lot of good out of this season. I'm making excuses for what we did or didn't accomplish but before you can become the Stanley Cup Champions you have to at least become Confernce Champions and that is still a Championship non-the-less. If I take nothing more out of this 08/09 season I will take those two Championships.

This made my head spin...

Personally to me, it was a failure. Anything less than a championship is a failure because you accomplished the same thing 30 other teams did. It was an exciting season and fun to watch, but a failure nonetheless.

Huh? 30 other teams went to the finals?

Glass half empty? So of the 75 seaons that the Wings played 64 of them were failures?

I'll bet that you are a pleasure to be around.

Considering all the injuries we endured, and the fact that I honestly believe the deck was stacked against us, we did a lot better than some gave us credit for (I remember reading some magazines, saying we were a "second tier team". Second tier my ass.

4th season in a row with 50 or more wins.

How many consecutive seasons with an appearance in the playoffs? I think it's something like 19

Western Conference champs how many times?

Central Division championships how many times?

Like my hubby said, "We didn't get it all, but we still did better than 28 other teams."

If the Detroit Red Wings Organzation didn't consider Winning the Central Division and the Western Confrence in the playoffs Championships than there would be no banners go up next season. There will be two more banners added for next season. They aren't the One(s) we wanted and not the One(s) the Wings wanted but they will still be up there and they will still say on them Champions.