• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

96warrior

Holland waiting for 09-10 cap (update on contract offers)

Rate this topic

We could keep 3 goalies can we?? i mean, have ozzie and conks and give howard a chance in some games to prove if he can.. if he can't then we stay with ozzie/conks and if he proves he is a goalie for the red wings, then we trade conklin (i hope this DOESN'T happen)

STAY WITH US CONKLIN!!

I can't imagine the Wings wasting a roster spot for a 3rd goalie.

Teams that may be looking for a #1 goaltender:

Colorado, Edmonton

Teams that may be looking for a #1a/1b type goaltender:

Columbus, Dallas, Philadelphia, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Washington

UFAs/likely trades that may fit the #1 category:

Khabibulin, Giguere, Theodore

UFAs/likely trades that may fit the #1a/1b category:

Fernandez, Roloson, Hedberg, Biron, Clemmensen, Gerber, Niitymaki, Garon, Conklin, Anderson

Many of these goalies will end up as backups somewhere. That won't be Detroit as the Wings won't be able to pay them the kind of money they'll command.

Is there a bigger bargain in the league than Ozzie at $1.45 million?

That would be a no, and keeping Conklin, even if they have to go up to say $1 mil for him from what he made (it was $750,000 I think...) should certainly keep him, at least for the year. Howard was eaten alive in the game he played against the Wild, and I just don't think he has it. I'm not trying to bash him, but I think they need to cut their losses with Howard, and focus on Larsson and/or Mccullom.

I don't get it....

Conklin is definitely a better netminder then Howard. Conklin has expressed interest to stay and its likely he'll sign at the same salary

Conklin - 750k

Howard - 716k

I realize Howards cap hit is slightly lower than Conklins, but even being so close to the ceiling its trivial. I believe Kenny used his #1 last year to draft a goalie for a reason....we shall see.

Edited by FunkedUp

I don't get it....

Conklin is definitely a better netminder then Howard. Conklin has expressed interest to stay and its likely he'll sign at the same salary

Conklin - 750k

Howard - 716k

I realize Howards cap hit is slightly lower than Conklins, but even being so close to the ceiling its trivial. I believe Kenny used his #1 last year to draft a goalie for a reason....we shall see.

Conklin is not likely to sign for .75M. He has proven that he is capable of bearing a greater load, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a team offer him a number 1 position next year.