• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Snazzy

Toni Rajala

Rate this topic

Toni Rajala - Reported size is 5'8" at 160ibs. Though I want the Wings to get bigger, this kid is an absolute stud! He seems to show some creativity that we'd expect to see from Datsyuk and has an amazing burst of speed. After watching this video, I'm surprised he's still available....

I really hope the Wings get this kid. He has simply amazing amounts of skill.

He's already broken one of Ovechkin's scoring records.

Pick him up Detroit- you'll have an even more skilled Hudler at worst and hopefully Datsyuk's heir apparent in 4 years!

This much skill doesn't fall into the laps of the Detroit Red Wings very often.

if he was an "absolute stud", he wouldnt still be on the board.

Actually the reason why he dropped is because he is short and was one of the weakest kids tested at the combine.

That doesn't change his level of skill. He won't be there when the third rolls around- bank on it.

Really? Then explain how players like Franzen, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk were all still on the board when the Red Wings drafted them....

Well, he is quite small. But if he is really as skilled as highlights suggest I am all for taking a chance on him. Wings allow their prospects time to develop so he will have time to get stronger. But you can't teach talent and he got some.

3 tap in goals, a nice penalty shot, and an ordinary breakaway goal

that vid didn't really show me much

I was looking more at the way he handled the puck, controlled the puck and skated with the puck... and executed. His skating was impressive to. His size is a concern, but someone said he was 5'11"... if that's true, then...

I dunno, just weird that different places have different specs on the kid.

Really? Then explain how players like Franzen, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk were all still on the board when the Red Wings drafted them....

theres exceptions for everything. your naming 4 players in how many years of drafting? like i said, if he was an "absolute stud", he would be a high first round pick.

Edited by 10 Minute Misconduct

theres exceptions for everything. your naming 4 players in years how many years of drafting? like i said, if he was an "absolute stud", he would be a high first round pick.

And high first round drafts ALWAYS pan out to be studs. Just another exception, right?

Keep digging

Shovel%20ready.jpg

If he was someone the Wings absolutely wanted to pick up, why wouldn't they have just done so in the first round?

Wings have "five" players on their list. Why not trade the 29th for a chance to get more players that might be on their list?

I was looking more at the way he handled the puck, controlled the puck and skated with the puck... and executed. His skating was impressive to. His size is a concern, but someone said he was 5'11"... if that's true, then...

I dunno, just weird that different places have different specs on the kid.

Most of the places Ive seen list him as 5foot8 to 5foot10, but according to McKenzie and other people I listen to hes not 5foot ten yet. Ive read somewhere, and ive posted this a few times on this forum, his doctor said he should grow to just under 5foot11. They checked the spacing between his bones or somethig along those lines, you know what I mean. If i remember right, the exact listing was 5feet, 10.85inches. Close enough to 5foot11

Like Drake Marcus mentioned, about the combine results, hes really weak. At the combine they did the bench press test, and Rajala could only bench 150pounds four times, and a bunch of folks think they fudged that to make him look ok. Im near his size, but a few pounds heavier(just fat LOL), and I can do way better. The other players at the combine could to. Hes quite far behind in the strength tests, to the point where its a problem. All these other smaller players that have played in the league, like Kane, they all had enough strength to go along with that small size. This kid doesnt. Im not saying dont pick him, Im no scout, but thats what people are holding against him. I have no problems with the wings risking apick on him though....you cant win if you dont gamble.

Wings have "five" players on their list. Why not trade the 29th for a chance to get more players that might be on their list?

Surely they have far more than five on their list, particularly now that they've allowed more chances for some of those five to be taken before they get a chance.

I think the WIngs should draft Joonas Nattinen, hes a pretty good C from Finland also TSN ranks him going at 36, but i think the wings should grab him!

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?fid=11895 scroll down to 36.

he also posts some good numbers in 103 games he has 96 points in Finland. 6'2 183lbs

I like his size and his style. Mmm, wonder if we could pick him with our 60th pick...

Also check out this kid named CODY EAKIN. He is a known for his stellar skating abilities, much like Darren Helm and he shoots left. Might be a nice pickup with our 75th pick.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?fid=11898

Surely they have far more than five on their list, particularly now that they've allowed more chances for some of those five to be taken before they get a chance.

There was a post in the draft thread from mlive stating that Jim Nil announced that he was happy that 5 picks were still available on their list and that's why they traded down. [paraphrased]

Just saying...

There is a nice article about him on NHL .com that says, at the combine he "surprised everyone when he measured 5'10" and 163 lbs." Yzerman's rookie card has him at 5'11" and 170 lbs....