• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zata20

Team USA Invites: Camp in August

Rate this topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olyhockey/ne...tory?id=4296975

The roster for the U.S. men's Olympic team orientation camp, which will be held Aug. 17-19 in Chicago:

Forwards: David Backes, David Booth, Dustin Brown, Dustin Byfuglien, Ryan Callahan, Chris Drury, Scott Gomez, Patrick Kane, Ryan Kesler, Phil Kessel, Jamie Langenbrunner, Ryan Malone, Mike Modano, Kyle Okposo, T.J. Oshie, Zach Parise, Joe Pavelski, Bobby Ryan, Paul Stastny.

Defensemen: Tom Gilbert, Tim Gleason, Ron Hainsey, Erik Johnson, Jack Johnson, Mike Komisarek, Paul Martin, Brooks Orpik, Brian Rafalski, Rob Scuderi, Ryan Suter, Ryan Whitney

Goaltenders: Ryan Miller, Jonathan Quick, Tim Thomas

Out of these players who do you think makes the cut? What lines would you use? (I think 23 players are eligible to make the team. I could be wrong.)

Edited by zata20

Here is mine:

Line 1: Drury Gomez Kane

Line 2:Parise Kesler Kessel

Line 3: Malone Stasny Brown

Line 4:Oshie Modano Langenbrunner

Ryan

D1: Rafalski Orpik

D2: Komasarek E. Johnson

D3:Martin Suter

Gilbert

Thomas

Miller

Quick

spares: Scuderi, Byfuglien, Okposo

Edited by zata20

Parise- Drury -Backes

Booth- Gomez - Oshie

Ryan- Kesler -Brown

Malone- Modano -Byfuglien

Kane

Kessel

s*** if the first two lines can keep the other 1st and 2nd off the score sheet the 3rd line could dominate others

dont really know any of the D corps besides Raffi

Modano !? hahahaha what a joke !

Ya, you know the all-time points leader among American born players. You can't just throw a bunch of young inexperienced guys out there. They need someone (Modano) that can provide veteran leadership. Someone that has played at the grand stage of the olympics before.

Here's what I would do:

Parise/Kesler/Kessel

Booth/Backes/Kane

Drury/Gomez/Ryan

Brown/Modano/Langenbrunner

Rafalski/Suter

Gilbert/Martin

Hainsey/E. Johnson

Miller

Thomas

Extras:

Malone, J. Johnson

Anyone else bummed that Conklin didn't get the invite, especially over Quick?

Ya, you know the all-time points leader among American born players. You can't just throw a bunch of young inexperienced guys out there. They need someone (Modano) that can provide veteran leadership. Someone that has played at the grand stage of the olympics before.

Tkachuk?

Face it,Modano sucks and is very soft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olyhockey/ne...tory?id=4296975

The roster for the U.S. men's Olympic team orientation camp, which will be held Aug. 17-19 in Chicago:

Forwards: David Backes, David Booth, Dustin Brown, Dustin Byfuglien, Ryan Callahan, Chris Drury, Scott Gomez, Patrick Kane, Ryan Kesler, Phil Kessel, Jamie Langenbrunner, Ryan Malone, Mike Modano, Kyle Okposo, T.J. Oshie, Zach Parise, Joe Pavelski, Bobby Ryan, Paul Stastny.

Defensemen: Tom Gilbert, Tim Gleason, Ron Hainsey, Erik Johnson, Jack Johnson, Mike Komisarek, Paul Martin, Brooks Orpik, Brian Rafalski, Rob Scuderi, Ryan Suter, Ryan Whitney

Goaltenders: Ryan Miller, Jonathan Quick, Tim Thomas

Out of these players who do you think makes the cut? What lines would you use? (I think 23 players are eligible to make the team. I could be wrong.)

My baby defenseman Ryan Suter!!!!! :patriot:

Some of those teams might have a chance against Canada's B team ;)

Kidding, kidding. That US team has A LOT of young talent - I'll be excited to see a US/CANADA matchup in 3 or 4 years.