• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

Alex Tanguay

Rate this topic

Matt Sheppard on WDFN brought up his name this morning.

If we bought out Homer, traded Lilja and offered him a long term deal worth 4 million per, it would leave us over 500,000 to sign our last player and fill out our roster.......

I'd take Tanguay over Sammy and Hudler combined. Unlikely, but just saying,...

Edited by wingsownnhl43

...and there's already a thread on Tanguay.

/merge

You must feel really cool doing this. Gotta love the rookie internet cops. There really should be a Bud Light Real Men of Genious ad for people like this.

Edited by wingsownnhl43

Matt Sheppard on WDFN brought up his name this morning.

If we bought out Homer, traded Lilja and offered him a long term deal worth 4 million per, it would leave us over 500,000 to sign our last player and fill out our roster.......

I'd take Tanguay over Sammy and Hudler combined. Unlikely, but just saying,...

Not gonna happen.

yes, i feel even more awesome responding to this.... it ups my post count. so i can someday lose my "rookie" status.

look at me go! wooooooo!

right, i forgot... only people who have been around for ages can ask a mod to merge a thread. thanks for pointing that out.

who feels good about themselves now??

oh wait, i've been here longer than you...

*sheesh*

:no2:

Edited by e_prime

Even though Homer had a relatively poor postseason, the Wings still need a big body with no neurons around his spine to screen the goaltender. Dropping Homer for Tanguay could easily become a mistake.

yeah. Homer might not have been up stats wise but he was still going to the net. And I know people will say Cleary and Franzen can do it, but imo not as good. And you can't have enough of guys like that.

You must feel really cool doing this. Gotta love the rookie internet cops. There really should be a Bud Light Real Men of Genious ad for people like this.

And your feeling of insecurity about being blatantly wrong moved you to post this reply.

Instead of being mature and saying "Oh, my bad" you feel the need to be "Supercool Internet guy that will post whatever he wants because I am SUPERCOOL!"

Read the forum before posting.

Is it better because I am not a rookie, same message, read the f-ing board!

what about the fact that Shep is an idiot when it comes to the Wings?

I'd be all for Tanguay if he was going to take a STEEP cut and come here for around 2.5... but that's not going to happen...

Also, there's no chance in HELL we trade Lilja coming off the concussion, nor should we, when he's healthy, he's one of our most solid d-men and a bargain at 1.2... couple that with the fact that the Wings ARE NOT GOING TO BUY OUT/TRADE Holmstrom and one again... Shep is an idiot when it comes to the Wings

And your feeling of insecurity about being blatantly wrong moved you to post this reply.

Instead of being mature and saying "Oh, my bad" you feel the need to be "Supercool Internet guy that will post whatever he wants because I am SUPERCOOL!"

Read the forum before posting.

Is it better because I am not a rookie, same message, read the f-ing board!

I'd be willing to bet 80% of posters on here dont read more than the first page of LGW, when logging on. Gimme a break.

yes, i feel even more awesome responding to this.... it ups my post count. so i can someday lose my "rookie" status.

look at me go! wooooooo!

right, i forgot... only people who have been around for ages can ask a mod to merge a thread. thanks for pointing that out.

who feels good about themselves now??

oh wait, i've been here longer than you...

*sheesh*

:no2:

You have not been around longer. WingsOwnNHL. I forgot my password. But thats neither here nor there. I hate when people feel the need to post merge thread. Just let the Mods do it.

But should.

Buying out Homer (or Maltby et. al. for that matter) absolutely should NOT happen. The Wings franchise is based on loyalty. Take pay cuts to stay and you get rewarded on the back end.

I'd be willing to bet 80% of posters on here dont read more than the first page of LGW, when logging on. Gimme a break.

Oh I am sorry I forgot the search function was broken this morning.

Buying out Homer (or Maltby et. al. for that matter) absolutely should NOT happen. The Wings franchise is based on loyalty. Take pay cuts to stay and you get rewarded on the back end.

I dont think guys like Hossa, Samuelsson, or Hudler were very loyal this offseason. How much longer do we need to send out players that are shadows of themselves, instead of putting out the best team possible.