• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
finalfilppula

What's left to prove?

Rate this topic

Might have to package off Kronwall to get a quality netminder. (still think we should've have traded him + hudler + picks to Tampa for the 2nd overall pick and drafted Hedman. Ahh hindsight...)

THIS!!!

It s damn impossible to stay at the top without any high draft picks. Detroit can lure easily good players via free agency, but certainly not superstars. I'm sure we could have filled Kronwall's spot or Stuart's one via free agency, while you will almost impossibly have a guy like Hedman through free agency.

Last year we had almost too much talent. It was the year to trade up, or at least to get picks by trading a part of this talent. Instead of that, we ve lost ton a talent without receiving anything in exchange.. Even if i'm pleased with Bertuzzi' and William' s arrivals, the only thing i can say, is: poor asset management...

whats left to prove is that they are champions!

the past is the past... and currently we are not the Champions...

Every year they have to re-prove they are the champs.... if the same lineup of players lost the drive to prove this, then go out and get a new batch of players that will... simple as that.

they have everything left to prove!

the team needs time to adjust and gel as a new group.

with the franzen injury itll certainly make things more interesting but everyone needs to put their own weight on both sides of the ice.

yeah im not happya bout the 6 to 2 shelling that just happened, but we shall see..

look back at each year lately. the wings get spanked once or twice each season and it serves as a wake up call. last year...columbus 8 detroit 0, ring any bells. it's a good way to let the wings know that they need to work for 60 minutes to get those wins and if they coast they'll get shelled like last night in buffalo.

they simply know that due to Olympic Games, this season will be very long: most of teams can get some rest doe to pause but Red Wings sends all its foreign players to games....

Very simple.

Please, dont turn this thread to Olympic bashing only because of it takes deep toll from Red Wings!

It's just the begining of the season it may take a little longer for this team to get on a roll. I think they will find their grove in time and play great hockey again. 2-3-0 really isn't all that bad right now. It's definetly not great but it's been worse before. Give this team some time. I firmly believe we'll make the playoffs, I hope we win the Cup but it's only October and the Wings can't be Champs every year. We have a great team I don't think we had the team like we had in 08 when we did win the Cup and we definetly don't have last season's team either. We don't have to prove anything... I want the Cup every year in Detroit but it's not going to happen. This is the problem, the past 3 seasons we've done so good that we are starting to expect greatness. You can't expect greatness every season. We may need any early playoff exit to knock us fans down a few pegs and not expect greatnees. My motto has always been Expect the Worst and Hope for the Best.