• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mmamolo

Who has the best Contract in the League?

Rate this topic

Duncan Keith is pretty much it. A Norris contender for a cheap deal is far better than a 1st line forward and some entry level deals like Stamkos.

I don't think Stamkos at almost $4m is a steal considering his production last year. Even Patrick Kane at the same price isn't that great of value compared to someone like Keith or Osgood.

Edited by Doggy

I don't think Stamkos at almost $4m is a steal considering his production last year. Even Patrick Kane at the same price isn't that great of value compared to someone like Keith or Osgood.

Stamkos at $4m is if he hits all of his bonuses. Which he may. But the kid, right now, is 9th in NHL scoring and the next player on the list with a contract even close to his is Mikko Koivu.

Rich Peverly, Max Afinogenov, and Vinny Prospal are looking like some pretty darn good deals as far as scorers go, though.

Stamkos at $4m is if he hits all of his bonuses. Which he may. But the kid, right now, is 9th in NHL scoring and the next player on the list with a contract even close to his is Mikko Koivu.

Rich Peverly, Max Afinogenov, and Vinny Prospal are looking like some pretty darn good deals as far as scorers go, though.

Unless he gets injured he'll max out. He has it pretty easy.

He has been very good this season this season I have to say, but last year he wasn't worth the cap hit of $3.7m.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Duncan Keith is pretty much it. A Norris contender for a cheap deal is far better than a 1st line forward for what a 1st line forward should make. Ozzie is another one of the top deals in the league, and there are a few others, such as Quincey, and some entry level deals like Stamkos.

On the surface I would say Keith as well because his salary is just so incredibly low. However, Zach Parise isn't paid like a first line forward. So for me, your bolded comment only holds some water if you're comparing it to players paid in line with what they should be, somewhere in the 6 mil range. Parise is paid less than half of some of the elite forwards...of which he is one. So by that measure he ought to be at the top of anybody's list.

It's a toss up IMO but I would give it to Parise because he carries the load in Jersey. His only help is Langenbrunner and Zajac, hardly names that strike fear into anybody. They have almost ZERO offensive support from the blue line. Meanwhile Keith plays with Kane, Toews, Versteeg, Cambpell, Barker, Seabrook, Sharp and now Hossa.

The Hawks would be loaded without Keith. Without Parise, the Devils would have almost nothing offensively. Two years ago Zajac had just 30+ points and was in the dog house. Gionta is gone. Elias is hurt. Madden is gone. Zubrus is playing like crap. etc.....

Parise makes the Devils 1st line go. Without him they would battling Boston for the fewest goals per game for in the league.