• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest VAL FILPPULA

Anyone think this season is eerily similar to....

Rate this topic

Guest VAL FILPPULA

the Pens last season? The way I see it we will be competing for a playoff spot (don't know when the last time I said that was), but all you really need to do is get to the show. Plus by April, you've got your whole team back. Franzen will be back into game shape by then and ofcourse fil, j willy, and possibly Lilja (optimism) will be back on the ice as well. So the way I see it, as long as we get to the playoffs, I think we still have a somewhat good chance to bring home the cup.

Guest VAL FILPPULA
hopefully it is similar to pittsburgh last season :lol:

but different players are probably going to be injured then... just saying

Yeah which wouldn't surprise me. If we can get everyone healthy though I don't see why we couldn't win the cup...im trying to stay optimistic haha

Not really, Pittstburgh's goaltending is much better and Crosby/Malkin are better than Datsyuk/Zetterberg. It's not really comparable especially with how old Lidstrom/Rafalski look.

Not really, Pittstburgh's goaltending is much better and Crosby/Malkin are better than Datsyuk/Zetterberg. It's not really comparable especially with how old Lidstrom/Rafalski look.

Goaltending is hardly better. IMO Fluery is as overrated as they come... he'll let in some of the weakest goals of the year, while making some impressive saves... it about evens out into mediocrity. Crosby/Malkin > Dats/Zetterberg, sure, but I'll take our depth (if healthy).

Guest DetroitBoy313
I think we still have a somewhat good chance to bring home the cup.

I think guys maybe this is the year that realistically we have to stop thinking that we're going to playing for the cup EVERY year.We are way f--kin spoiled.We have had 18 straight years in the playoffs,that's insane! I actually lowered my expectations drastically this year,we lost way too much talent to think we're going to keep tearing it up every year.I honestly think this is the first year that the wheels on the big red machine are going to start slowing down.Lidstrom is getting old,in my opinion Datsyuk is NOT the player he once was.Zetterberg can't do it all himself...Ozzy is getting old.I'm just saying guys we can't be crying and complaining about every bad game or call...let's just take it for what it's worth.A lot of teams have had made great runs in the second half of the season.Let's get our guys healthy and then we can really measure this team up if we ever get 100% healthy.Until then I just say take it for what it is and just enjoy being a Red Wings fan.

It's hard to compare the two because every year and team has its own story. But both played and won in the Winter Classic with Conklin, both lost in the finals, lost Hossa and Conklin, and went to Sweden in the fall so maybe the superstitious would have some fun with that... ;)

Your players probably aren't tuning out and growing to loathe playing for your coach the way ours did. After a while Therrien just became like Charlie Brown's teacher and all the players heard was "wah wah wah soff wah wah defens wah wah"

Edited by Free_Candy

I think guys maybe this is the year that realistically we have to stop thinking that we're going to playing for the cup EVERY year.We are way f--kin spoiled.We have had 18 straight years in the playoffs,that's insane! I actually lowered my expectations drastically this year,we lost way too much talent to think we're going to keep tearing it up every year.I honestly think this is the first year that the wheels on the big red machine are going to start slowing down.Lidstrom is getting old,in my opinion Datsyuk is NOT the player he once was.Zetterberg can't do it all himself...Ozzy is getting old.I'm just saying guys we can't be crying and complaining about every bad game or call...let's just take it for what it's worth.A lot of teams have had made great runs in the second half of the season.Let's get our guys healthy and then we can really measure this team up if we ever get 100% healthy.Until then I just say take it for what it is and just enjoy being a Red Wings fan.

If not hoping for the best what would be the point in watching? By my count your time might be better spent doing other things? I can't give up the hope of success or there would be no point in being a committed fan.

Guest DetroitBoy313
[/quotIf not hoping for the best what would be the point in watching? By my count your time might be better spent doing other things? I can't give up the hope of success or there would be no point in being a committed fan.e]

Nobody is saying to give up HOPE.There is a difference from having hope and being REALISTIC.If you're a Lions fan you can watch every game every Sunday and HOPE that your team is going to win but realistically they probably won't.Being a committed fan is watching whether your team is going to win OR lose.

Gotta go with a big fat NO on this one. Malkin is prob the best at producing points, but Crosby doesn't hold a candle to Pav or Z. Both are MUCH better defensively, Pav is a superior play maker, Z is on par with skating and comparable when his sights are on.