• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest lnvincible

Hudler?

Rate this topic

Guest lnvincible

I saw on some website that Hudler will spend the next season with KHL , but after what happens? :S

Hudler will spend the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons with Dynamo Moscow, while continuing to owe the Detroit Red Wings two seasons of play.

Link

Typo on the title

Edited by lnvincible

If he ever wants to come back to the NHL he'll have to honour his 2 year $5.75m contract with Detroit

I personally think he'll be back after 2 years and Detroit will have a better player at a better deal as a result

Edited by T-Ruff

He won't be back and there will not be a better deal than there is now on the table for him............

huh? there is no deal "on the table" it's already etched in stone.... If he comes back he'll have to fulfill his 2 year $5.75m contract with Detroit or whatever team the Wings trade him (his contract) to... I'm saying A Jiri Hudler 2 years from now at that price will be better than a Jiri Hudler this season at that price due to his experience in Russia.

I second that. He's not coming back. Why would he come back and make half as much money as he does in Russia, especially when he gets to be 'the man' over there? Good riddance imho. He always looked like a boy among men out there to me. It was like he was about to get run over every time the rush went down the ice, and it felt like the only reason players weren't stealing the puck from him the second he got it was because they felt bad for him, almost like when you let your little brother win.

Until the KHL runs into similar hard economic times as North America that cause Hudler's salary to drop drastically, I don't see him coming back. He is a smallish guy who could never stick above the third line in his time with the Wings. Over there he is currently 6th in league scoring making double what he could be making here tax free and he is closer to home, if I were him I'd have to say I'd stay over there without a second thought (as long as I wasn't planning a life threating injury and therefore avoid being carried off in a hamper or something).

To give anyone a look into the overall talent pool of the KHL, the current points leader is Marcel Hossa who never reached potential with the Rangers, now he is making more money than he could get in the NHL and has 33pt in 31gp, versus his best season with NYR scoring 18pt in 64gp.

Edited by b.shanafan14

If he ever wants to come back to the NHL he'll have to honour his 2 year $5.75m contract with Detroit

I personally think he'll be back after 2 years and Detroit will have a better player at a better deal as a result

in the cap world, this is actually a great thing - we'll have a player in his prime, who by all accounts, knows what it takes to be in the NHL, but has developed more of a killer instinct and maturity from being a teams number 1 - basically a way to send him to the minors for more seasoning, but a better version of our minors(AHL) and with no waiver eligibility...

I think so, too. I think this abortino of a season is a fluke and that next year and the year after (when Hudler could come back) is going to be back to that glorious run we had from 2007-09. Freed up cap space, players coming into their own, the return of Hudler, maybe a few big names.

huh? there is no deal "on the table" it's already etched in stone.... If he comes back he'll have to fulfill his 2 year $5.75m contract with Detroit or whatever team the Wings trade him (his contract) to... I'm saying A Jiri Hudler 2 years from now at that price will be better than a Jiri Hudler this season at that price due to his experience in Russia.

I wonder if he'll actually be a better player after possibly two years in the KHL. It's not on the same level as the NHL, which is evident by this:

Over there he is currently 6th in league scoring

and:

the current points leader is Marcel Hossa who never reached potential with the Rangers, now he is making more money than he could get in the NHL and has 33pt in 31gp, versus his best season with NYR scoring 18pt in 64gp.

To give anyone a look into the overall talent pool of the KHL, the current points leader is Marcel Hossa who never reached potential with the Rangers, now he is making more money than he could get in the NHL and has 33pt in 31gp, versus his best season with NYR scoring 18pt in 64gp.

Nice.

Great info. :thumbup::thumbup:

Guest CaliWingsNut
No respect for the way he went about his business, but I do miss his goals.

How did he go about business badly?

Please read the facts before you return spouting off about arbitration when it was his agent who filed.

No respect for the way he went about his business, but I do miss his goals.

how did he go about his business? He got a ton of money more, why would he get paid less for what he does to stay in Detroit?

that's just silly no matter how much you love your job if you can have a bigger position else where for a lot more money, you would leave too...

Can't wait until he comes back so we can get some high draft picks.

As much as we need his scoring, I wouldn't welcome him back with open arms. Don't really care about the exact circumstances, but no one in the Wing's organization had good things to say about him when he left. Which to me constitutes "leaving on bad terms".

how did he go about his business? He got a ton of money more, why would he get paid less for what he does to stay in Detroit?

that's just silly no matter how much you love your job if you can have a bigger position else where for a lot more money, you would leave too...

Somewhere the line has to be drawn, a team that practically developed you into what you are, gave you all the chances for success, not to mention is the epitome of a championship team in all of sports not too mention hockey...

I don't see many people taking a couple extra million to play in a secondary league. That to me is a bigger position in a crap pond, over a important position in the best pond. People spend their entirely lives striving for the goal and privilege to be given a chance to prove themselves to a NHL franchise, not to mention win a Stanley Cup. He can have fun in Russia getting carried off the ice in a blanket after Chris Simon elbows him in the head.

Somewhere the line has to be drawn, a team that practically developed you into what you are, gave you all the chances for success, not to mention is the epitome of a championship team in all of sports not too mention hockey...

I don't see many people taking a couple extra million to play in a secondary league. That to me is a bigger position in a crap pond, over a important position in the best pond. People spend their entirely lives striving for the goal and privilege to be given a chance to prove themselves to a NHL franchise, not to mention win a Stanley Cup. He can have fun in Russia getting carried off the ice in a blanket after Chris Simon elbows him in the head.

Hudler wants you to take it easy on him, Carman.

at this point in time, i'd take hudler and his 59 points back...but the wings have cap issues that will hopefully be sorted out in the offseason in order to pick up another top end talent ala hossa. we're not getting kovalchuk unfotunately. even with the freed up cap space, he's too expensive. but as for hudler, i say let toronto sign him and take some picks for his RFA status that he'll have. that's a good way to get a high draft pick.

right you would turn an extra MILLION dollars down... Hudler is a young guy he didn't have the big contracts that some of the older players had... maybe 250K, but millions lol?

Seriously you do realize that this is business and its his JOB... that's how he gets paid... What happens if you get hurt and your career is over? You would need to have a nice financial cushion...

Fans are like children sometimes... Company (red wings) invests into employee (red wing player), so that the company can benefit. Employee and company's wants and needs have to meet. Hudler could get more money and Red Wings couldn't afford to pay more, that is the bottom line... so their wants and needs couldn't meet...

Edited by RedArmy