• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Someone needs to find the Red Wing Voodoo doll

Rate this topic

I think a lot of the injuries are a result of the entire team not having the intensity it needs for the way other teams play against them. What I mean is, every other team in the league plays the wings like its game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals and the wings have played so much hockey in the past 3 years that the team just wasn't staying as focused as they need to. That is when you get hit hard by the opposition and get injured....If you watch Ericssons injury, you can see that he didn't even know Doan was coming until the last second. And boom...he's hurt. Less intensity can also mean less communication from your teammates....

on the flipside...i thought they played more intense last night than most other games this season. They finally controlled the play and I wasn't too afraid when the Coyotes were pushing in the third...just felt like one of those games we were in control of offensively and defensively.

I still believe a lot of it has to do with a) the short (and I do mean short) training camps...b) the compacted schedule...and c) the fact that lots of these guys think they have to impress to get on their country's Olympic team. And I heard Lou Lamorello say the same thing a couple weeks ago. So I can't be too crazy to think that way.

But I'm in agreement. I'm almost afraid to turn on a game because I don't know who's next on the hit list. This is turning out to be a war of attrition.

It's just bad luck plus a combination of fragile players who get injured easily.

Look on the bright side, though. Last year the Blues made the playoffs despite having a lineup full of nobodies. We can do the same thing, even with these current injuries.

The key is that our top stars remain healthy. Even though they're not scoring right now, if one of those guys goes down, so do the Wings.