• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zetts

Samuelsson blasts Sweden

Rate this topic

Samuelsson should be on the Swedish team. He may have been the whipping boy here, but he scored some clutch goals with us, especially in the playoffs. Also, he's not a bad defensive player either. I'm glad he said what he said.

The Pain Train approves.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...ilja_lauds.html

Hell, I would have picked Sammy over Forsberg (and certainly over Modin) at this point, Foppa is just made of glass and it's likely a toss-up whether he is healthy come tournament time or not.

While I like that he speaks his mind, this was immensely stupid by him.. we have Alfredsson who is out like 1-2 months, might even miss the olympics. We have Forsberg, the most injury prone player in the world. Modin, who has played 8 games this season and is also injury prone.

The chances that a spot will open up on that team are 99%, and most likely Sammy was the no.1 reserve for Gustafsson. But after this? It's likely that Sammy doesn't have a chance in hell. Which is too bad, cause I'd really want him on that team.

well that is the point, Modin plays 8 games and they add him, but don't add a guy like Sammy who is having a decent season and has all that experience. 2 cup finals and a Gold medal... odd...

I was surprised finding out this evening that Forsberg made the roster (didn't read the roster beforehand).

I'm half and half on this.

More often than not I'll give people kudos for speaking their mind or showing frustration/emotion. You just gotta wander though if he should've chosen better words or picked this battle another day. A part of me just didn't think it was all that wise, what if somebody else got injured? I'd still love to play for my country in the Olympics, even if it is as an injury replacement.

But, at the same time, Samuelsson has done this before winning a gold medal and playing a decent contribution to the team. I understand the frustration aspect of it.

Down the road though, I doubt anybody will really remember this. Samuelsson may have killed his chances of playing in the Olympics this year, but pettiness and anger and stuff eventually subsides and I doubt it'll play a factor 4 years from now if he wants to play for the national team.

I don't think any less of Samuelsson for doing this at all, it took a lot of balls to do. Just surprised by it moreso.

I was just reading an article that was written before the team was announced. The author speculated that Vancouver players might have a slight "home ice" advantage.

Any thoughts on that? Do you think that it might have been a factor in Sammy's reaction? Either that he was expecting to be chosen because of this, or because he wanted it more than usual because it was at home?