• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

The all-time all-NHL team

Rate this topic

Understandable, but would you rather have a Marty Brodeur in his prime or Patrick Roy/Dominik Hasek in their primes?

Broduer and Roy proved that they could win it all, multiple times, in their prime. I would give the edge to Brodeur because of puck handling skills. When it comes down to something like that, it means you can't miss with either. Now I'm going to go throw up for being so neutral and not bad mouthing Roy!!!

Broduer and Roy proved that they could win it all, multiple times, in their prime. I would give the edge to Brodeur because of puck handling skills. When it comes down to something like that, it means you can't miss with either. Now I'm going to go throw up for being so neutral and not bad mouthing Roy!!!

-10 pts. Incorrect answer.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
At their peaks, Mikita was stronger offensively and defensively -- and was a physical player as well.

Mikta even had a long, good career, so Messier doesn't exactly kill him there.

Both were playoff beasts as well.

(I actually think Top 10, even Top 20 is overrating Messier)

I wouldnt put him in my top 30. Never Impressed me, and plus that whole vancouver dead guy fiasco pisses me off.

I'd pick Hasek over Roy, and Roy over Brodeur when talking about all three goaltenders in their primes. I don't know what you're getting at by saying Roy and Brodeur proved they could win it multiple times, but many people consider Hasek's 1998 Olympic performance to be the best goaltending and the best individual performance by any hockey player they've ever seen. Since being established in 1924, only six goaltenders have managed to win the Hart trophy, and only Hasek has managed to win it twice.

I'd pick Hasek over Roy, and Roy over Brodeur when talking about all three goaltenders in their primes. I don't know what you're getting at by saying Roy and Brodeur proved they could win it multiple times, but many people consider Hasek's 1998 Olympic performance to be the best goaltending and the best individual performance by any hockey player they've ever seen. Since being established in 1924, only six goaltenders have managed to win the Hart trophy, and only Hasek has managed to win it twice.

Agreed. For me, Hasek easily takes the top spot over the two of them. Then of course Sawchuk, Plante, Tratiak, and all the oldies deserve their place.. but I'm always skeptical about comparing such drastically different eras. To me it's like comparing the NFL from 1920 to the modern game... it's just so damn different in terms of playing style, preparation, level of competition, difficulty to make the playoffs, etc etc etc...

I mean, Doug Harvey has more Norris trophies and cups than Lidstrom... but there were also only 6 teams in the league during his prime. Who really had a greater challenge earning those accolades?