• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
johnedmonds210

why the griffins are losing

Rate this topic

Listening to the games... the announcers are wondering why the griffins are losing - saying they are a fragile team!

Are we just trying develop young players at the cost of losing every game?

We have one of our most skilled d-men, Delmore, just seeing the last 5 seconds, (if that), of every pp! And our current pp isn't working. Kindl's stats should be out the roof with all of his pp time. Yet he remains only a point better than the rest of d-men who play reg strength. (And Kindl can't stop a puck at normal strength, see his +/-?

It seems obvious, our PP is terrible. Maybe it's time to use our PP talent - Janik with Delmore and Williams...

Come on! Let's use the skill we have on this team! It's frustrating watching guys who can't show results when we have the talent sitting on bench!

But maybe it is more important to the Griffins to just develop young guys, who are not performing, instead of trying to win games!?

Listening to the games... the announcers are wondering why the griffins are losing -

They couldn't connect a pass last night to save their life. The pass was behind the receiver or in his skates, bounced off the tape or was right to the defender. Turnover, turnover, turnover.

As a season ticket holder who has been to all but 2 games this season, I have seen the highs and the lows from the griffins thats for sure. When they were riding a 9 game win streak and couldn't be beat, it was a good time to be a fan. Now they just are struggling. Up and down is what the name of the season should be for the Griffins this year.

Last nights game against the Wolves was a good game though. The Griffins had chances, but the puck just did not bounce their way. The Wolves goalie who is probably one of the best in the AHL right now played a great game. The Griffins, to their credit, played a solid game as well. Its not like they relented and gave the Wolves easy chances or didn't get scoring chances of their own. The 2nd goal was a very lucky bounce to the stick of a Wolves player who made no mistake and beat Laarson.

To be honest, I am not too concerned about it. The Griffins have shown me that they have turned the corner in their play. About 3 weeks ago, they weren't skating or playing well at all. Last night they really picked things up but still lost. They deserved a better fate, but oh well. Thats hockey.

The Griffins probably won't qualify for playoffs this season because of all the ups and downs, but the key here is that their players will develop and get better over time. Hopefully they will be more consistant next season. As for this season, I want to see them working hard out there. For a 10 game stretch, they weren't skating or caring what happened. I believe the addition of Abdelkader will wake this team up.