• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pav1313

Nicklas Lidstrom

Rate this topic

Why Babcock doesn't double shift Lidstrom on the powerplay? He is by far the best defenseman when it comes to keeping the puck in the zone and rarely makes mistakes when he has the puck. He also see's the ice better than anyone on the team (possibly datsyuk). What do you guys think?

I dont see why he doesn't, especially if they keep the puck in the scoring end. If he has to go back and get it a few times, that would make him gassed.

I could see it more before Kronwall came back, now they are going to mix in Kronwall more on the PP.

because he's too old and he can no longer handle 30 minute shifts. detroit is also trying to preserve his minutes for what seems to be his final playoff run.

Two implications here in this statement:

1. The Wings will make the playoffs.

2. Lidstrom will retire at the end of the season.

I can see where the first one comes from but not the second. Where are we getting that impression? Just because he said he'll wait until the season is over?

Different coaches have different approaches to this. The extra minutes isn't the problem as you really don't get that tired playing on the powerplay.

If you look at WSH, they play Ovechkin and Green almost every second of every power play (and when I say every second, I mean every second).

Guest micah
Why Babcock doesn't double shift Lidstrom on the powerplay? He is by far the best defenseman when it comes to keeping the puck in the zone and rarely makes mistakes when he has the puck. He also see's the ice better than anyone on the team (possibly datsyuk). What do you guys think?

Except very recently, I don't think Lids has been markedly better than our other PP dmen at keeping the puck in the zone this year.