• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:06 AM

Of course they can. Will they do it is another story.

#22 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:08 AM

They can. It's up to them.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#23 AARedWingFan

AARedWingFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:10 AM

The Wings are only 1 point out, and Calgary has played one more game than us. It is not as desperate of a situationas it seems...yet. I say that after the olympic break the clutch that we've all been waiting for will finally kick in, and we'll steal the 7-8 spot.

#24 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:13 AM

When was the last time we won in regulation? And how about before that?? Looking ahead at our schdeule we are playing mostly playoff bound teams the rest of the way out. Not good for us. This Olympic break is actually good for us. Take it none of our players get injured but that wouldn't be new now would it.

#25 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (St. Michael (the Red Wing) @ February 12, 2010 - 09:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When was the last time we won in regulation? And how about before that?? Looking ahead at our schdeule we are playing mostly playoff bound teams the rest of the way out. Not good for us. This Olympic break is actually good for us. Take it none of our players get injured but that wouldn't be new now would it.

Against San Jose.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#26 DMAC 25

DMAC 25

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (Hiei @ February 11, 2010 - 11:06PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't stand these SO losses

Jimmy needs to do 3 things:

Be Patient

Learn the 2-pad stack

Keep in mind the space between him, shooter, and net while backing up for a save attempt.

i dont know what your talking about but he looked fine out there, it was our shooters that blew it

#27 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (Hiei @ February 11, 2010 - 11:06PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't stand these SO losses

Jimmy needs to do 3 things:

Be Patient

Learn the 2-pad stack

Keep in mind the space between him, shooter, and net while backing up for a save attempt.

its just that easy!...

come on now...Jimmy has been rock solid in shootouts...he has been saving 2 out of 3 on average...we havent been losing them because of him...its our shooters that have been losing it for us
be about it!

#28 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:49 AM

Losing in a shootout isnt really losing, in fact it doesnt even go in the loss column. That's how lame the shootout is. I am so sick of watching the parade of inept shooters in these things its not even funny. Not just the Wings either, this is true of all teams. Imagine if the NFL decided games by having the QB's throw balls through hanging tires.

#29 beepbeep

beepbeep

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:15 AM

Slump? This is no slump, this team appears to have no rudder. I am so disappointed in what is suppose to be the leadership of this team. Specifically Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Mr 12 year contract, Zetterberg. I'm not talking about Lidstrom's play, but his leadership. When questioned his response is always about what they did good. Never seems disgusted with what appears to be total lack of effort from the so called CORE of this team. Datsyuk seemed to finally get some chemistry going with Bert then Zetterberg comes back and what does Babcock do but put the invisible man on Datsyuk's wing to f*** it up. I am so dicgusted with Zetterberg and his mediocrity this season that I think the only thing that will put a fire under his ass is to embarrass him by making him watch a game or two from the pressbox. And I don't even want to talk about what I think of the coaching staff......... ranting.gif

#30 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:43 AM

The Red Wings could break out of this slump.

The team we've been watching, I doubt it. If a big shakeup is coming, they can get back inuto the swing of things. They're playing good enough to get a point, but they need more than that right now.

EDIT: True, we're only 1 point out of the playoffs, BUT other teams keep winning. It's not a 5 team race for spots 7 and 8? So we need not only one team, but multiple teams to start losing while the Wings string together a winning streak (something they have yet to do all season).

I sincerely hope they can, and as always I'll be rooting for them, but it's getting harder and harder to just assume they'll win games now.

Edited by VM1138, 12 February 2010 - 10:46 AM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#31 letsgowings11

letsgowings11

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (beepbeep @ February 12, 2010 - 07:15AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Slump? This is no slump, this team appears to have no rudder. I am so disappointed in what is suppose to be the leadership of this team. Specifically Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Mr 12 year contract, Zetterberg. I'm not talking about Lidstrom's play, but his leadership. When questioned his response is always about what they did good. Never seems disgusted with what appears to be total lack of effort from the so called CORE of this team. Datsyuk seemed to finally get some chemistry going with Bert then Zetterberg comes back and what does Babcock do but put the invisible man on Datsyuk's wing to f*** it up. I am so dicgusted with Zetterberg and his mediocrity this season that I think the only thing that will put a fire under his ass is to embarrass him by making him watch a game or two from the pressbox. And I don't even want to talk about what I think of the coaching staff......... ranting.gif

AMEN

#32 Stiffy

Stiffy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (letsgowings11 @ February 12, 2010 - 12:46PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AMEN

I agree on the coaching staff. They need to be under the microscope from management and the press.

Nick as a leader with press statements is painful to watch. He is 100% safe and by the book. I think it speaks to his character and personality, but I am yearning for the brutally honest responses of Stevie Y. When things weren't going well, he took the majority of the blame and laid it out that everyone else was part of it too. No way would I want to be a slacker in that locker room after Yzerman spelled it out. Very simply, he got angry and showed it, but not overtly. Do you know what I mean? Yelling and throwing chairs would be far less effective than a quiet leader like Yzerman.