• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:17 PM

I just hope the Wings keep playing well. This year nothing can be taken for granted, but their schedule certainly LOOKS favorable. Let's just hope they beat Edmonton.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#22 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:40 PM

The only reason Ericsson will be playing is because Babcock expects Lebda to hung-over from tonight :rolleyes:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#23 anthonyn66

anthonyn66

Wings fan in Leaf Nation

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:41 PM

why play Osgood against Vancouver....

#24 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

Ericsson

Posted Image

:rolleyes:

Yeah, if we ignore his play in the last 3 games he played you're on the button.

Were you one of the people who whined about Quincey. Well it'd likely be the same damn thing with Ericsson except E was a highly regarded prospect before entering the NHL and Q was considered a run of the mill type of guy.

By all means piss away the best defensive prospect the Wings have in the pro ranks. But it's good that guys with actual decision making power have the intelligence and understanding of defensive prospect development not to make such asinine remarks.

The only reason Ericsson will be playing is because Babcock expects Lebda to hung-over from tonight :rolleyes:

Could be that Lebda has zero upside and all Ericsson has is upside. Who knows. Christ, if the guys here ran the NHL Jack Johnson would already be run out of the league.

I hope he does well. How he played in the playoffs last year is irreplaceable. As I have said before, when Ericsson was paired up with Lids he was the one that looked like the Norris candidate on that line. That potential is why we are not giving up on him.

Don't forget how well he played as a call-up in 07-08 and 08-09. Ericsson's struggled this season, yeah, but he's excelled literally every other year he's been in the Wings system. Only a retard would walk away from a 6'4 defenseman who's had that kind of success based on his play in his rookie season. Newsflash-- 95% of the d-men in the NHL struggled in their first season. That's the norm.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#25 clayjoh

clayjoh

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

Could we possibly throw that turd Bertuzzi under the truck too ? Mr Turnover is best left in some kelowna watering hole too
I say let Erickson play forward and keep Lebda on the line with Lilja
Bertuzzi is the Uber Turd
Not trying to hyjack the thread by the way

#26 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

That's cool...the Wings are on a winning streak without him in the lineup.....so they put him back in. Makes perfect sense...

if it aint broke dont fix it. idk if we lose im blaming it on ericsson!

#27 Pavrik Zettersyuk

Pavrik Zettersyuk

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:30 PM

I have faith that E will refocus and give us strong defensive depth on Friday. Heck, when he was Lidstrom's linemate last year in the playoffs while Raf was injured, they looked like a mirror image. That can't be by accident, this guy is gonna be something here in Hockeytown. I only wish we could just afford to keep him in the lineup while he works out the kinks, so he can get past this sophomore slump. That's why he need to be played, he's got potential but he'll never get through this rough patch if he's not in the lineup.

#28 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:44 PM

Dont like either move. Why change a winning line-up, and if you dont play Ozzie against Edmonton, then who do you play him against? It cant be Vancouver, we need to at least be in that game.

#NOMOREKINDL

#29 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

I have faith that E will refocus and give us strong defensive depth on Friday. Heck, when he was Lidstrom's linemate last year in the playoffs while Raf was injured, they looked like a mirror image. That can't be by accident, this guy is gonna be something here in Hockeytown. I only wish we could just afford to keep him in the lineup while he works out the kinks, so he can get past this sophomore slump. That's why he need to be played, he's got potential but he'll never get through this rough patch if he's not in the lineup.

I think that's why everyone dislikes Ericcson as much as they do. He was awesome last year in the playoffs. But this season, a less nerve racking time to play, he hasn't been what he has before.

#30 Pavrik Zettersyuk

Pavrik Zettersyuk

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:09 PM

I think that's why everyone dislikes Ericcson as much as they do. He was awesome last year in the playoffs. But this season, a less nerve racking time to play, he hasn't been what he has before.

It's unfortunate but it happens. He'll get through it, I'd just rather not ride the high's and low's of a rookie, emotionally, respectively to how they're playing, when I think in the end he'll be a major asset to the Wings.

#31 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

if it aint broke dont fix it. idk if we lose im blaming it on ericsson!

Yeah, because the team wins and loses based on the play of their #6 defenseman. If the smallest cog in the entire machine falters and the other 18 players can't make up for it the team is pretty pathetic.

It's unfortunate but it happens. He'll get through it, I'd just rather not ride the high's and low's of a rookie, emotionally, respectively to how they're playing, when I think in the end he'll be a major asset to the Wings.

You seem reasonable and intelligent. That's an interesting angle to have on these boards. ;)
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#32 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:25 PM

No biggie here. If we lose to Edmonton the last thing I would blame is the 6th defenseman. Hopefully this can get Ericcson some confidence, because he can be a lot better then Lebda.

#33 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

No biggie here. If we lose to Edmonton the last thing I would blame is the 6th defenseman. Hopefully this can get Ericcson some confidence, because he can be a lot better then Lebda.

This. I'm starting to agree with you more and more Carman. I'm not sure whether I should be terrified or not...
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#34 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:30 PM

:rolleyes:

Yeah, if we ignore his play in the last 3 games he played you're on the button.

Were you one of the people who whined about Quincey. Well it'd likely be the same damn thing with Ericsson except E was a highly regarded prospect before entering the NHL and Q was considered a run of the mill type of guy.

By all means piss away the best defensive prospect the Wings have in the pro ranks. But it's good that guys with actual decision making power have the intelligence and understanding of defensive prospect development not to make such asinine remarks.

Could be that Lebda has zero upside and all Ericsson has is upside. Who knows. Christ, if the guys here ran the NHL Jack Johnson would already be run out of the league.

Don't forget how well he played as a call-up in 07-08 and 08-09. Ericsson's struggled this season, yeah, but he's excelled literally every other year he's been in the Wings system. Only a retard would walk away from a 6'4 defenseman who's had that kind of success based on his play in his rookie season. Newsflash-- 95% of the d-men in the NHL struggled in their first season. That's the norm.

Do I sense a man crush? I think that eye patch is altering your view on reality there partner. And to answer your question, which is so blatantly missing the questions mark (?) at the end of the sentence is no, I never did "whine" about Quincey. Your bucket is rusted through and has holes in it, you are not holding any water. I think you need to go home, reevaluate your strategy, buy a new bucket, and then, once you have a NEW BUCKET that HOLDS WATER, we will talk. For now, I will say good day!

Yes, you have been

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Edited by Rivalred, 17 March 2010 - 10:31 PM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#35 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

Do I sense a man crush? I think that eye patch is altering your view on reality there partner. And to answer your question, which is so blatantly missing the questions mark (?) at the end of the sentence is no, I never did "whine" about Quincey. Your bucket is rusted through and has holes in it, you are not holding any water. I think you need to go home, reevaluate your strategy, buy a new bucket, and then, once you have a NEW BUCKET that HOLDS WATER, we will talk. For now, I will say good day!

Yes, you have been

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#36 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:01 PM

Yea but it's almost a guarantee Howard beats Edmonton!

Exactly what we need! get as many points as possible.

If Ozzy starts Saturday... well I'll be happy with that. But the next two weeks are busy ones, so he should pick up a start soon.