• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsfan_54

Can Detroit catch Chicago?

Rate this topic

According to my prone-to-error math skills, if the Wings win the rest of their games, Chicago needs to only win 3 games to win the Central.

The Wings are at 93 points right now with 6 games left. If we were to win all of those games, that would put us at 105 points.

Chicago is at 99 points with 7 games left. In order for Chicago to get 105 points to tie the Wings (and beat us in the # of wins tie breaker) they only need to win 3 games.

Did I do that right?

It's definately possible after tonight.

Possible yes...probable no

However to see Detroit finish in the top 3 seeds after this drama filled season would be pretty awesome.

I suppose we can all hold out hope that the last game of the season is for the division...

Edit:

IF wings win out...Chicago only needs 6 points in 7 games to clinch...that seems like an epic collapse

Edited by russianswede919293

Possible yes...probable no

However to see Detroit finish in the top 3 seeds after this drama filled season would be pretty awesome.

I suppose we can all hold out hope that the last game of the season is for the division...

Edit:

IF wings win out...Chicago only needs 6 points in 7 games to clinch...that seems like an epic collapse

Agreed, it would almost be as sweet as winning the Cup. But I'd rather have the latter. With each passing day it becomes more likely that Detroit can catch up, which I didn't think would be probably a few days ago. I even posted so.

But I can sort of see Chicago only winning two or three of their next games. For some reason I thought they only needed to win twice to clinch the Central, but maybe it's three games. Still, though, Detroit has to finish with a twelve game win streak for us steal the Central with Chicago winning 2 or 3. So let's just hope Chicago loses a bunch.