• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
king_malice

Off-Season Changes .?

Rate this topic

Ok better question all this talk about Lidstrom retiring and i haven't seen to much on here about Holmstrom calling it a career at the end of this season.

Check out Holmstrom's goal total and games played this season. He's still got another season left in him.

Oh and Lidstrom had 49pts at just a month shy of 40 years old. He's got a lot of gas left in the tank too. If he retires I'll be very disappointed.

Edit: weird double post action...

Edited by Drake_Marcus

I agree i think Holmstrom has gas left and can come back but just wondering if people think he goes out somewhat on a high note, i also think Lidstrom has at least 1 more left in him on the top pairing maybe even a 2nd on the 2nd pairing

Guest mindfly

Lidstrom will retire and most of his salary will go for a replacement, haven't checked available UFA's.

Edited by mindfly

If Lidstrom does retire, we do need a replacement. IMO, Rafalski is not a number 1 d-man, and Kronner isn't there yet.

IMO, I think we should go after a bigger defenseman (i.e. a Pronger/Chara type). It sucks about Fischer because he had the potential to be a Pronger-esque defenseman that we need so badly. I would settle for an average sized (6'2") player who throws his weight around though.

But enough with the "puck-moving, small but fast" defensemen (Rafalski, Lebda, Meech), they aren't designed for the Western conference.

If Lidstrom does retire, we do need a replacement. IMO, Rafalski is not a number 1 d-man, and Kronner isn't there yet.

IMO, I think we should go after a bigger defenseman (i.e. a Pronger/Chara type). It sucks about Fischer because he had the potential to be a Pronger-esque defenseman that we need so badly. I would settle for an average sized (6'2") player who throws his weight around though.

But enough with the "puck-moving, small but fast" defensemen (Rafalski, Lebda, Meech), they aren't designed for the Western conference.

I don't think will ever see Kronner higher then 3-4 pairing.

I don't think will ever see Kronner higher then 3-4 pairing.

I think Kronwall has the potential to be where Rafalski is now. And I think that he could be paired with Lidstrom RIGHT NOW.

A balance that I have in my NHL10 game (I know it's not real) is that I have a defensive D-man and an offensive D-man on each pairing.

Lids-Kronner

Stuart (more offensive in the game)-Ericsson

Rafalski-Lilja

I think that these pairings (though laughable to some to have Rafalski on the 3rd pairing for some reason) give a balance and responsible-ness to each pairing. One player is always back, one is available to jump in on the play. I think that one problem that the real Wings are having is that the two top pairing are unbalanced. Lids-Raf are getting caught pinching with no one playing defense. And Kronner-Stu are sitting back a little too much and not helping out the offense when they are in the O-Zone. Sweapping Kronwall and Rafalski might change that.

He can be the physical presence on a pairing with a more offensive minded defenseman (Lidstrom, Greene, etc). He has good hands, knows when to go to the net, and we all know about the "looking for a hit" judgment he has. #2 is not impossible for him. Just right now, he is the 3-4 D-man.

Anton Volchenkov

Willie Mitchell

Dan Hamuis

Segei Gonchar

I personally think are the top guys UFA coming up this off season, and they all make from 3.5mill and under now so we could save some money to, Unless they go after Gonchar who make 5mill now

Which one ? is best , and i know with Lids it looks best but if he does leave

Volchenkov-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lilja-Ericcson

Kindl

Kronwall-Rafalski

Mitchell-Stuart

Lilja-Ericcson

Kindl

Kronwall-Rafalski

Hamuis-Stuart

Lilja-Ericcson

Kindl

Volchenkov(27yrs old) will probably go up to 3.5mill max, Hamuis(26yrs old) 2.75-3mill, what if i know he has played good since he came back but what if we let Lilja walk.Long shot but just an idea.

Volchenkov-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Hamuis-Ericcson

Kindl

Edited by king_malice

GONCHAR please if nick retires. he has the sweetest point shot in the world next to shea webber and chara

yuck. I thought you wanted to improve our d not our offense. gonchar can not play d.