• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

We are truly blessed, the Wings fans. Our transition year is a pipedream for so many other clubs. So many accolades are owed to the Ilitches and the people they have entrusted with the fate of the Wings. I can actually see another decade of dominance coming from our beloved organization. It is so anti-Ford family (Lions). I wish the same fate upon the Tigers, I actually believe the same fate awaits them. So, I guess this is an Ilitch appreciation thread. The talent they have acquired from scouting, coaching, GM'ing (?), late draft picking, trading, free agency acquiring. Everything is absolutly top notch. I am so proud to be a fan of this team. Go Wings!!!

Posted Image

#2 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

that is a funny pic of llitch! well put!

#3 Lidstrom for life

Lidstrom for life

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 05:44 PM

I totally agree. I love everything about this franchise, its good to take a minute and just appreciate how lucky we as fans are.
credits to hobbit-face for my icon.

#4 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:45 PM

We are truly blessed, the Wings fans. Our transition year is a pipedream for so many other clubs. So many accolades are owed to the Ilitches and the people they have entrusted with the fate of the Wings. I can actually see another decade of dominance coming from our beloved organization. It is so anti-Ford family (Lions). I wish the same fate upon the Tigers, I actually believe the same fate awaits them. So, I guess this is an Ilitch appreciation thread. The talent they have acquired from scouting, coaching, GM'ing (?), late draft picking, trading, free agency acquiring. Everything is absolutly top notch. I am so proud to be a fan of this team. Go Wings!!!

Illitch would kill for a World Series. As a former shortstop, he loves baseball just as much, if not more, than hockey. I just wish Dombrowski could capitalize in Illitch's desires and spending.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#5 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:51 PM

Posted Image

We ARRRREE the Hockeytown!

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y