• Please log in to reply
1242 replies to this topic

#1041 REDWINGSFTW

REDWINGSFTW

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

It doesnt look good, pavelski and setoguchi's line is not the same san jose chokes like before. Heatly adds another dimension even when hes not effective hes a threat and you have to respect him.

I think wings win game 3 due to sharks over confidence, they don't realize the lucky bounces they got, but hey that hockey. But dam i have a feeling we are going to win this series because sharks are diving like crazy, hockey gods gonna bite them in the back.

#1042 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

I won't give up until we are officially eliminated. I hope the players have the same mindset.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#1043 sherwood40

sherwood40

Rookie

• Pip
  • 175 posts

I would have said Howard was the biggest reason the game went from 3-2 Wings to 4-3 Sharks...

Both of the last two goals were weak goals that were directly his fault.

1) He came out of the crease to stop a shot as the Sharks were crashing the net, and dropped to the ice while giving up a rebound that the other team quickly acquires. Now he's outside the crease and unable to get back into position quickly while the puck is in possession of the opposing team. He doesn't, of course, end up getting back in net before the puck crosses the line.

2) He moved to the edge of the crease along the goal line stop a shot off the wing and rather than directing the rebound back to the corner or absorbing the shot, he put the rebound into the slot where there were two Sharks forwards. Empty net, goal.

You can make excuses, but those two goals were Howard's fault and nobody else's. This is simply following an unnerving trend where Howard has allowed 3-5 goals in almost every game he's played so far, with at least two of those goals being goals he is directly responsible for.

I TOTALLY agree with you, how can we win a game when the goalie gives up weak goals and an average of 4 in those losses. Horrible, I wonder when babs will finally wake up and put ozzie in net?

#1044 REDWINGSFTW

REDWINGSFTW

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

It doesnt look good, pavelski and setoguchi's line is not the same san jose chokes like before. Heatly adds another dimension even when hes not effective hes a threat and you have to respect him.

I think wings win game 3 due to sharks over confidence, they don't realize the lucky bounces they got, but hey that hockey. But dam i have a feeling we are going to win this series because sharks are diving like crazy, hockey gods gonna bite them in the back.

#1045 FUUFNF

FUUFNF

Let's Go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:17 PM

So the refs destroyed Lidstrom's stick too?

I guess actually reading my post before replying to it is a bit too much to ask for.

#1046 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

I suppose I now is as good a time as any to bring this up. Until your group shuts the Pavelski line down, your going to have a very hard time staying out of the penalty box and ahead in this series. They are outworking every line you have thrown against them and getting the calls as a result.

Thank you captain obvious. :)

Seriously, I have been saying that for a while now. Pavelski has been a demon out there for San Jose. LGW was cheering him on when he was playing for team USA, and even I said that he was going to be trouble if Detroit and San Jose met. Now, they are seeing just how good this guy is. What a clutch player.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1047 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

So the refs destroyed Lidstrom's stick too?

How does that change all the terrible calls? You don't think the game's outcome was seriously affected by the refs? ARE YOU HIGH?
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#1048 cmonster

cmonster

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

The Wings when playing fairly decently can play and beat pretty much any team. But when they have to play against their opponent and the refs they are going to have a hard time winning regardless of how they are playing.

#1049 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

That game was a joke. I was sure the Wings had it but those 5-on-3s took away every ounce of steam we had.

Posted Image

#1050 I Red Wings I

I Red Wings I

Holy mackerel!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

I suppose I now is as good a time as any to bring this up. Until your group shuts the Pavelski line down, your going to have a very hard time staying out of the penalty box and ahead in this series. They are outworking every line you have thrown against them and getting the calls as a result.

What do you want? You want us to give your Sharkies credit, you would be better off going to the Middle East and handing out Bibles.

Edited by I Red Wings I, 02 May 2010 - 10:19 PM.

#1051 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

I guess actually reading my post before replying to it is a bit too much to ask for.

I did. You just need to be a little more clear I suppose.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1052 REDWINGSFTW

REDWINGSFTW

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:19 PM

I TOTALLY agree with you, how can we win a game when the goalie gives up weak goals and an average of 4 in those losses. Horrible, I wonder when babs will finally wake up and put ozzie in net?

You wake up he was not the reason we lost the game we cudve been down much more if it weren't for his early brilliance. Last year we were simply a better team, we outshot our opponents almost EVERY game last year and the years before that, our D infront of osgood was great, if we put him in now i guarantee he will be worse than howard.

#1053 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Don't care about C-word.

I just don't like worthless ticks like you and Carmen funking up these boards.

Eva's not a troll. He may be highly opinionated but aren't we all? Just because he favours Hudler doesn't mean he's ruining the boards.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#1054 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

Again, as bad as the refs were in this game, we gave them way too many opportunities to make questionable calls.

We could have won this game in spite of the refs, but we blew it.

You can't blame the refs for our sloppy play and lack of composure.

AGAIN, this game was as winnable as they come in spite of any of the refs iffy calls, but we lost control and lost the game.

Blaming the refs is futile when you play as sloppy as we did.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#1055 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Part to blame is on the Wings. If they would have pushed it all the game, they wouldn't be called for phantom calls. The Sharks were putting pressure and the refs were calling everything. It was sort of like a "kick em while they are done" moment. If the wings would have played like they are capable of, the penalties would have been the other way. It is nof****** conspiracy.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#1056 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:20 PM

You can't score when you spend 20 minutes, a WHOLE PERIOD, on the PK
40 for life.

#1057 FUUFNF

FUUFNF

Let's Go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:22 PM

I did. You just need to be a little more clear I suppose.

No, no... I don't think I can make it any clearer than I already stated... I'm pretty sure it's just you.

#1058 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Part to blame is on the Wings. If they would have pushed it all the game, they wouldn't be called for phantom calls. The Sharks were putting pressure and the refs were calling everything. It was sort of like a "kick em while they are done" moment. If the wings would have played like they are capable of, the penalties would have been the other way. It is nof****** conspiracy.

In the 2nd period, the Wings scored the only goal. They outshot the Sharks, 12-11, and had a lot of pressure. They drove the net, cycled the puck well and had a lot of offensive zone pressure.

There were two penalties in that period.

Both were against Detroit.

#1059 REDWINGSFTW

REDWINGSFTW

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Have you guys noticed bertuzzi seems to have a fire lit under his ass now? This whole year and most of the playoffs he hasn't tried to deliver huge hits on anyone besides Jovanovski, he delivered a couple great hits.

#1060 Yzerman191

Yzerman191

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:23 PM

This game wasn't even enjoyable to watch; it was just frustrating and stressful. The referees were abysmal today and I don't know how anybody can dispute that. All three goaltender interference calls (Abdelkader, Bertuzzi, Heatley) were just ridiculous, and the call that Setoguchi drew literally came right as I was talking about how I lost all respect for him after his diving in the previous game. Also, tonight was the first time I have ever seen a player ram his own head into a goalpost (on the helmet, of course) to draw a penalty.

In the third period, we had several calls that were legitimate. Kronwall's hook, Cleary's slash, and the too-many-men call were indisputable. My problem, though, is that indisputable calls were not being called on both sides of the fence. The Sharks were interfering with our players left and right, holding our sticks, hooking us on rushes, etc. and faced absolutely no consequences. If you're going to call everything, fine, but do it for both teams.

Also, it was as if all of the calls against us couldn't have come at worse times. A penalty to Howard right at the beginning of the first, a penalty to Datsyuk right at the end of the period, a penalty to Bertuzzi after we regained the lead and the momentum, a penalty to close out the second period, and then a constant stream of penalties to round out the third period.