• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Secret

The Curse of Marian Hossa

Rate this topic

If the guy requires long periods of rest in order to perform well then maybe he should have stayed in Atlanta.

Well, he did miss 25 games with Chicago this past season. Missing almost one-third of your team's games seems like a pretty good rest to me.

Holy s***! For once i'm in 100% agreement with Eva on every point. Well, I dunno so much about people being stupid or not knowing hockey. I think it's a little bit of people being blinded by hate and bitterness and letting their emotions cloud rational judgment. I thought Hossa was very noticeable on most of his shifts. He controlled the puck a lot, he backchecked like Datsyuk and Z. He's one of the best all around forwards in the freaking world and his coach and every single Hawks player will tell you he played his ass off and was extremely effective in the playoffs, including the finals. Goals, schmoals. He did everything else he needed to do to help them win.

Great. He was noticeable. He still didn't score goals. The 40 goal scorer actually scored less than his "injury prone" post-season last year.

And before you get on the "irrational hate" bandwagon, I was so happy for Hossa winning the cup. I rooted for him all the way because he is a great guy and I miss him in a Wings uniform. But he hasn't performed the way HE is supposed to. Two way play means defense AND offense. He brought the defense, but was unable to bring the bacon in offense (despite him "looking good").

If Chicago doesn't have the depth Hossa is under the microscope.

And Eva, I'm glad a 50 point pace (15 goal pace?) is good enough for a 5+ million dollar player.

Holy s***! For once i'm in 100% agreement with Eva on every point. Well, I dunno so much about people being stupid or not knowing hockey. I think it's a little bit of people being blinded by hate and bitterness and letting their emotions cloud rational judgment. I thought Hossa was very noticeable on most of his shifts. He controlled the puck a lot, he backchecked like Datsyuk and Z. He's one of the best all around forwards in the freaking world and his coach and every single Hawks player will tell you he played his ass off and was extremely effective in the playoffs, including the finals. Goals, schmoals. He did everything else he needed to do to help them win.

Bold = Have to disagree with you on that one. IMO he is good, but not great. He wouldn't bounce around so much were he that great.

Everything is rosy when you win it all. Had the Hawks lost - there would be a few different opinions on Hossa. Likewise, had we won it all last year, there would have been less of a microscope on his invisibility.