• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Grim

Boston entertaining offers for #2 pick overall

Rate this topic

Any deal going towards them would at the bare minimum contain a top prospect, a mid-level prospect, a good youngish player such as Filppula or Kronwall,and at the very least a First.

Anything less is dream scenario, and would likely be much more.

So basically what I offered on the previous page.

for just a pick? that's a massive overpayment

This isn't an NHL video game, you have to give to get. They won't take A bunch of maxed out prospects and our pick for the Number 2 pick in the NHL Draft.

The past number two overall picks:

2009 - Matt Duchene

2008 - Drew Doughty

2007 - James van Riemsdyk

2006 - Jordan Staal

2005 - Bobby Ryan

2004 - Evgeni Malkin

2003 - Eric Staal

2002 - Kari Lehtonen

2001 - Jason Spezza

A few of those players are established NHL All-Stars, Some are on the verge of becoming dominate or have a year or two before they dominate.

I think it's crazy to think offering: Kindl, Ericsson, Ritola and 1st could get more than like 1 or two of these guys let alone the guys who are suppose to go number 1 and 2 in this years draft.

Does anyone have a realistic scenario of what it would take to make this happen.

Would it be like...

Helm, Ericsson, Wings 1st round pick (Do the Wings even have a 1st round pick this year?)

Seriously? A 3rd liner, project defenseman with upside (but who isn't exactly young) and the 21st pick for the 2nd pick? Boston would laugh in our face. Filppula or Hudler would have to be the starting point.

Guest Lidstromboli

This isn't an NHL video game, you have to give to get. They won't take A bunch of maxed out prospects and our pick for the Number 2 pick in the NHL Draft.

2009 - Matt Duchene

2008 - Drew Doughty

2006 - Jordan Staal

2005 - Bobby Ryan

2004 - Evgeni Malkin

2003 - Eric Staal

2002 - Kari Lehtonen

2001 - Jason Spezza

A few of those players are established NHL All-Stars, Some are on the verge of becoming dominate or have a year or two before they dominate.

I think it's crazy to think offering: Kindl, Ericsson, Ritola and 1st could get more than like 1 or two of these guys let alone the guys who are suppose to go number 1 and 2 in this years draft.

no sorry it is a massive overpayment from the wings perspective, especially if they're getting nothing else in return except for that pick. boston probably wouldn't be able to take on that much salary anyway.

2009 - Matt Duchene

2008 - Drew Doughty

2006 - Jordan Staal

2005 - Bobby Ryan

2004 - Evgeni Malkin

2003 - Eric Staal

2002 - Kari Lehtonen

2001 - Jason Spezza

While I agree that people have been low balling here it doesn't mean you can equate the 2nd overall pick with those players above in terms of trade value. Picks are not sure things no matter how highly regarded the prospect or how high the pick is. That uncertainty makes it easier to get that pick vs an established player who's proven not to be a bust.

Seriously? A 3rd liner, project defenseman with upside (but who isn't exactly young) and the 21st pick for the 2nd pick? Boston would laugh in our face. Filppula or Hudler would have to be the starting point.

So...

Filppula, Helm, Ericsson/Kindl, Wings first round, perhaps a Wings first round from 2011 as well? Seems like an awful lot to give up. It wouldn't really make sense for either teams to be honest. Though, from living in Boston, I get to witness the debacles first hand. I wouldn't be surprised if something ridiculous happened to that organization regarding ridiculous transactions.

Anyways, I wasn't proposing this trade. I was just wondering what a realistic scenario would look like. Judging by the 2nd round picks of the last ten years, it does look like my original proposition lacked quality. Good to know.

Anyways, I've seen much more preposterous trade proposals on these very boards.

2009 - Matt DucheneVictor Hedman

2008 - Drew Doughty

2006 - Jordan Staal

2005 - Bobby Ryan

2004 - Evgeni Malkin

2003 - Eric Staal

2002 - Kari Lehtonen

2001 - Jason Spezza

sorry, while I understand the point you are trying to make, I had to correct last years #2 overall. I still wish the Wings would've made a deal for that #2 pick...

i heard a few weeks back Boston was thinking about making a deal with oilers for the #1 pick so the Bruins would have 1&2 they said it would be something like

To Oilers- Bruins 1st round pick (not the leafs one)

Bruins 2nd round pick

Leafs 2nd round pick

Bruins 1st round pick (2011)

David Krecji (79GP 59PTS)

To Bruins- Oilers 1st overall pick

Andrew Cogliano(82GP 28PTS)

now if i was the Oilers i think i might take this deal, you get a guy like Krecji,2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders, and who knows they might be able to get that 2011 1st round Leafs pick to. Dont know if this would actually happen but the Bruins defintly have alot of picks to play with in any deal

i keep hearing the opposite... its the Oilers that want both picks. they are hardly on pace to make the playoffs, let alone contend. The oil probably also want to shed rostered players like Hemsky and Souray.

Guest Lidstromboli

i keep hearing the opposite... its the Oilers that want both picks. they are hardly on pace to make the playoffs, let alone contend. The oil probably also want to shed rostered players like Hemsky and Souray.

souray maybe.. but hemsky? :blink:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Surprised no one has mentioned Cam Fowler. From personal experience he's a great talent and even better guy away from the Ice.

Out of interest, has any team ever traded away the #1 overall pick?

If so, who did they miss out on?

Just off the top of my head, the Eric Lindros for the World deal was fairly recent, but he had already been drafted as the number one pick and was traded due to him not wanting to play for Nordiques.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Surprised no one has mentioned Cam Fowler. From personal experience he's a great talent and even better guy away from the Ice.

Just off the top of my head, the Eric Lindros for the World deal was fairly recent, but he had already been drafted as the number one pick and was traded due to him not wanting to play for Nordiques.

I think the same thing happened with Berard, no? But again, after he was drafted.

My dad is a Bruins fan and we were talking about this the other day what if the Bruins trade down #2 for #3 in a trade

To Bruins- #3 pick and Nathan Horton, that would give the Bruins more Offense, and Nate wants traded anyway. Then you take Cam Fowler, Chara is a FA next season let his big contract walk and sign someone else cheaper and then Fowler could step in.

To Panthers- #2 pick, Bruins 2nd round pick and say like Michael Ryder or someone like that