• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Top Forwards Set to Hit to Market

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

Bertuzzi and Cleary are both capable of playing net presence roles in the top 6.

Which further reinforces my initial point. Cleary can play any role, but he gets paid to much on the 4 line. And the 3rd line may already be set.

It's hard to fathom that Holland is seeking any UFA for the forward position. If anything, he may be looking for a depth defenseman.

Some people on here were talking about Ethan Moreau being an option a while back. Looks like he's been bought out.

kausatoday

Moreau, Nilsson and O'Sullivan bought out by the Edmonton Oilers

If he took close to the minimum, plus his buyout money, it might be an option? Or just another unnecessary oldie on the team?

Guest Crymson

Afinogenov will be 31 in a couple months and has been in the NHL since 1999. How much hockey do you think he has left in him? He may have about six years left (at most) and he has never won a cup. This brings me back to my original point of them either signing for bottom feeders who pay a lot of money for a long term deal, or sign a short term deal, for a team like Detroit, for a chance at a cup.

At most? Players play awhile... and six years is a long time. The guy just played his way back into the NHL; do you really think he's going to cut his salary now? And have you forgotten that Detroit wasn't the powerhouse last season that it was in seasons before?

Yeesh. Fantasy.

Zactly. I just read a thing on the Kings' site that says they're not too enthusiastic about re-signing him if he's going to ask for a big raise, and apparently it looks like he's going to (even though he only had 19 goals last year). So if the Kings, who actually have some cap space to work with (according to what you guys have said, anyway), aren't going to re-sign him, how the heck would we? Besides, the article says he's another one to whom the KHL is calling (that got grammatically complicated, heh), so maybe he won't even be around next year.

Bummer. I was hoping he'd at least re-sign with the Kings...I've gotten used to seeing his jersey hanging at the local ice rink. It's the one piece of memorabilia there that doesn't inspire loathing in me. Unlike, say, the Corey Perry cut-out.

or the kings can let frolov go f*** himself for the money he's asking and sign kovalchuk for a couple mil more and get a PROVEN CONSISTANT 40-50 goal scorer instead of Mr. IDon't FeelLikePlayingTonight.

And i sure don't want to see frolov playing on the wings. go underachieve in the KHL.

as for the rest, i'd take kariya for 1 mil. :lol: if the wings had cap room, i'd be all over lombardi.

Could have been discussed many times before, but I foresee with the Cap, and teams signing star players to Huge contracts over a long term to lower their cap impact, that we will see fewer and fewer years with numerous big ticket players testing the market. Even if the is a strategy we've employed, it kinda sucks in a way. It's always like a 2nd christmas seeing if we can bring in a big name or 2. But with pretty much everyone signed, this years UFA's pool etc, seems a little shallow.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

At most? Players play awhile... and six years is a long time. The guy just played his way back into the NHL; do you really think he's going to cut his salary now? And have you forgotten that Detroit wasn't the powerhouse last season that it was in seasons before?

Yeesh. Fantasy.

How do you like your crow cooked? After Detroit dominates the Central Division, the Western Conference, then the Stanley cup finals, I'll be sure to cooke you up a nice plate. I'm not 100% sure on this but I think Detroit had atleast a few injury problems last year. That may have had a tid bit to do with the result of the season (players not gelling in time, fatigue, etc). A

Zdeno "Mother *******" Chara

Yeah my lazy arse finally looked it up. Some decent people are coming up but players like Mikko Koivu, St. Louis, and Markov caught my eye. As their teams can either be buyers or sellers come the next trade deadline. I would so trade Stuart for Markov and it will be easier since Stuarts NTC is up on his contract.

or the kings can let frolov go f*** himself for the money he's asking and sign kovalchuk for a couple mil more and get a PROVEN CONSISTANT 40-50 goal scorer instead of Mr. IDon't FeelLikePlayingTonight.

And i sure don't want to see frolov playing on the wings. go underachieve in the KHL.

as for the rest, i'd take kariya for 1 mil. :lol: if the wings had cap room, i'd be all over lombardi.

Yeah, there's always that option. If they can get Kovalchuk, then I wouldn't mind at all if he f***ed off to the KHL...I'm not that attached to him, heh, and I'd LOVE to see Kovy on the Kings. Also, I didn't realize just how much he was asking for - $5-6 million? Dude, you're not Zetterberg, even when you try. :sigh: Well, I hope he has a nice time in the KHL; I don't see the Kings or anybody else going for that.