• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Antti Niemi files for arbitration

Rate this topic

Jose Theodore was a wall the two meetings with caps last year <_<

when the wings lost that 2nd game in their barn, wings had 56shots or something and scored just once...

He got benched the last two years in the Caps playoffs runs if that says anything....The second coming of Huet?

ooo.... now i'm hearing it's indeed a phone-conference supposedly to announce a signing for Jose Theodore. Niemi's being dumped.

very interesting predicaments indeed!

Sources?

Guest mindfly

Niemis arbitration descision will come on saturday, bowman says they will either sign him, trade him or walk away from him depending how much he gets... that's all for today folk... status quo.

What exactly does bowman mean?

Stan Bowman

In terms of free agents, are a lot on the market. If have to go down that road, we will be prepared.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I think either way, Chicago is going to have to lose a valuable piece.

Well, Mr. Bowman, no crap you'll either sign him, trade him, or walk away. Those are the only options for any contract negotiation.

Either way, the Hawks and screwed. Whatever happens will probably be the biggest loss for them this off-season.

Well, Mr. Bowman, no crap you'll either sign him, trade him, or walk away. Those are the only options for any contract negotiation.

Either way, the Hawks and screwed. Whatever happens will probably be the biggest loss for them this off-season.

So those weren't brilliant little nuggets of GM wisdom? :ph34r:

Niemis arbitration descision will come on saturday, bowman says they will either sign him, trade him or walk away from him depending how much he gets... that's all for today folk... status quo.

What exactly does bowman mean?

Are they even allowed to trade players once a decision has be made? I thought it was either they both agree to the decision or he becomes a UFA.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Either one...    :hehe:   :lol:  :D

If I had to choose I'd pick Turco. He's still got the chops. Even with an absolutely brutal first half he managed to bring his numbers up to average this year on a non-playoff team.

Are they even allowed to trade players once a decision has be made? I thought it was either they both agree to the decision or he becomes a UFA.

Yes. As long as the number awarded didn't put them over the 10% buffer in the off season they can agree to the contract and then trade him. I'm assuming they already have a buyer lined up by now. How hilarious would it be if they agreed to a bloated contract and then no other teams would trade for him?

He's sure going to regret not taking Philadelphia's offer.

I read he may still go to Philly that he was keeping his options open and just wasn't ready to decide. I guess sort of like Modano was how I took it.

I was at the mall today sitting down and The Score, canadian sports channel was on, and the ticket said that Steve Kouleas has learned that Chicago will sign goalie Marty Turco to a 1yr deal worth 1.5mil if they walk away from Antti Niemi. Kinda weird and caught me off guard, it isnt on TSN so I dunno if it's true or not.

I have a question though, what team is gonna be in need of Antti Niemi? He's an ok goalie but he isnt worth 4mil, plus most teams seem to have there goaltending figured out.

i found this Gem on the chicago tribune website... probably some of the greatest fan math i've ever seen

"Niemi will stay, just look...

FORWARDS

Patrick Kane ($6.300m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Troy Brouwer ($1.025m)

Marian Hossa ($5.275m) / Patrick Sharp ($3.900m) / Viktor Stalberg ($0.850m)

Bryan Bickell ($0.541m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Tomas Kopecky ($1.200m)

Jack Skille ($0.600m) / Jake Dowell ($0.525m) / Hugh Jessiman ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Campbell ($7.142m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)

Brent Seabrook ($3.500m) / Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m)

Shawn Lalonde ($0.773m) / Jordan Hendry ($0.625m)

GOALTENDERS

Antti Niemi ($3.500m) /Hannu Toivonen ($0.550m)

CARRY-OVER BONUS PENALTY: $4,157,753

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,679,090; BONUSES: $285,000

CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $5,910

The Cup STAYS in Chicago!!!"