• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

Riley Sheahan

Rate this topic

Sheahan with two goals so far tonight, 4 minutes left in the 2nd. First was a slapshot from the point on a PP. 2nd was just being in the right spot, goalie couldn't find the puck in the crease, basically an empty netter from 6" out.

Sheahan with two goals so far tonight, 4 minutes left in the 2nd. First was a slapshot from the point on a PP. 2nd was just being in the right spot, goalie couldn't find the puck in the crease, basically an empty netter from 6" out.

Would you mind giving a comparison as to what he plays like?

How physical is he? ANd wat do you think he'll do in the NHL?

Sheahan just destroyed some guy from Western. They called a 5 and a game for contact to the head but ended up giving the penalty to the wrong guy. It was a bit of a blindside but I thought he got him shoulder to shoulder. I loved the hit though, he looks huge out there and uses his size to his advantage.

Sheahan just destroyed some guy from Western. They called a 5 and a game for contact to the head but ended up giving the penalty to the wrong guy. It was a bit of a blindside but I thought he got him shoulder to shoulder. I loved the hit though, he looks huge out there and uses his size to his advantage.

:yowza:

Me likey.

:clap: Would you say he plays pretty physical or just one lucky hit?

:yowza:

Me likey.

:clap: Would you say he plays pretty physical or just one lucky hit?

He plays physical pretty much all the time I watch him, but I haven't seen the big hits. His physicality is more of him manhandling people in the corners than laying Kronwall-type hits. The hit the other night was a big open ice hit though, probably the first real big hit I've seen from him. It looked like he went into the corner with that Dekeyser kid (who I thought looked pretty good) just before and got a little pissed and then took it out on some poor kid.

I still say he should be our first prospect traded for improving the team. Him or Ferraro.

Trade our only decent prospect standing over 6 feet tall, uses his size and plays the style of the wings system to a T ? Hes much more likely an NHLer then pretty much everyone in the prospect pool besides Smith and Nyquist.

The difference between him and Ferraro is huge as well? If youre saying Sheahan and Ferraro are remotely close in value then you are way off

Trade our only decent prospect standing over 6 feet tall, uses his size and plays the style of the wings system to a T ? Hes much more likely an NHLer then pretty much everyone in the prospect pool besides Smith and Nyquist.

The difference between him and Ferraro is huge as well? If youre saying Sheahan and Ferraro are remotely close in value then you are way off

No, I am saying that I have watched Sheahan a few times and was not impressed, and the same goes for Ferraro. I am saying nothing more than that these guys are the only forwards that were drafted high that I would want to get rid of in a trade. Nothing was said about their value. I just would rather have almost everyone else of value stay in the system.

Sheahan might be improving, but I disagree with him being anything more than a fourth liner right now. I can think of a few guys that I think might be first and second liners and they are all Europeans right now. Sorry that they are smaller, it just is the way it is. I would love to be wrong about Sheahan, but like you said Ferraro isn't worth s*** to trade right now, so if we need to give up a prospect to get someone at the deadline this year... I really hope it is Sheahan or Quellet.

No, I am saying that I have watched Sheahan a few times and was not impressed, and the same goes for Ferraro. I am saying nothing more than that these guys are the only forwards that were drafted high that I would want to get rid of in a trade. Nothing was said about their value. I just would rather have almost everyone else of value stay in the system.

Sheahan might be improving, but I disagree with him being anything more than a fourth liner right now. I can think of a few guys that I think might be first and second liners and they are all Europeans right now. Sorry that they are smaller, it just is the way it is. I would love to be wrong about Sheahan, but like you said Ferraro isn't worth s*** to trade right now, so if we need to give up a prospect to get someone at the deadline this year... I really hope it is Sheahan or Quellet.

Sheahan or Ouellet now too?

Jesus have you seen what Ouellets been doing in the Q this year? Hes going to be the top dman in that league next year and most likely on team Canada.

If anyone should get traded with a bit of value it would be Pulkkinen

Jesus have you seen what Ouellets been doing in the Q this year? Hes going to be the top dman in that league next year and most likely on team Canada.

I’d have to agree.

I know what he has been doing. That is why I said he could be a trading piece.

I am not saying I want these guys gone. I am just saying if you are going to make a big splash, you have to move top prospects. Out of our top prospects I would be okay with moving these guys.

I have to say I made an effort to take a look at Sheahan, and he is doing more than he used to, but still where is the production?

Nick Jansen the defenseman for St Cloud state is producing almost the same.

I really hope this changes at some point. I wonder if he will end up with more than Pulkinen.