• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nhurdi

Rick Dudley

Rate this topic

I was talking with a friend last night and we were saying how Chicago seemed to get some half decent deals this off season even though other GM's knew they were in trouble cap wise and he mentioned Rick Dudley to me.

So I went and looked him up.

Dudley joined Atlanta on June 22, 2009 as associate general manger after five years with the Chicago Blackhawks, where he served as the team’s assistant general manager for his final two seasons. He originally joined the Blackhawks in 2004 as a consultant and was named director of player personnel prior to the 2005-06 season.

Source: http://thrashers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=525409

The Atlanta Thrashers have acquired forwards Dustin Byfuglien, Ben Eager and Akim Aliu, along with defenseman Brent Sopel from the Chicago Blackhawks for forwards Marty Reasoner, Joey Crabb and Jeremy Morin, as well as a first-round choice (24th overall) and a second-round choice (54th overall) in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, according to General Manager Rick Dudley.

Source: http://thrashers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=532601

The Atlanta Thrashers have acquired forward Andrew Ladd from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for defenseman Ivan Vishnevskiy and a second-round choice in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, according to General Manager Rick Dudley.

Source: http://thrashers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=533538

I'm just curious, could the league if they wanted investigate this for collusion. Not saying it is myself but it does seem a little convenient.

I was talking with a friend last night and we were saying how Chicago seemed to get some half decent deals this off season even though other GM's knew they were in trouble cap wise and he mentioned Rick Dudley to me.

So I went and looked him up.

I'm just curious, could the league if they wanted investigate this for collusion. Not saying it is myself but it does seem a little convenient.

I'm sure they could investigate if they really wanted, but I really doubt they would, or would find anything even if they did.

It's not unusual for GMs to have an interest in players/personnel they are aquainted with, and the deals are fair for both sides. (The Buffy deal is maybe a bit lopsided, but after his playoff run that was somewhat expected.) Nothing to see here.

Personally I was suprised at the draft picks that went back to Chicago in those deals but at the end of the day it's subejctive. Different people rate the value of players differently. I personally don't value the Byfuglien package high enough to include a first and a second to go back to Chicago but Dudley, and Im sure a lot of fans, would. There's nothing wrong with those deals and even if there was some help on Dudley's part in sending those picks back to Chicago you could never prove it.

Besides, if the NHL were to investigate those deals you'd have to wonder why they never investigated some of the insanely lopsided deals of the past - i.e Mike Milbury anyone?