• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:22 PM

Awesome stories and pics- thanks to everyone for sharing. Can anyone from camp comment on Downey's skating?

He's doing well! He's on Pasha's team.

New pics added on Photobucket.

Edited by Kira, 19 September 2010 - 05:37 PM.

Posted Image

#42 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

http://www.mlive.com...d_kirk_mal.html

Sebastien Piche and Valtteri Filppula also scored for Team Lindsay. Jordan Owens scored Team Howe's lone goal.

YEAH FILPPULA.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#43 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:31 PM

Here's my pictures from Day 2. Lots more of the players came out to sign. I got to watch some of the scrimmage and practices too. Downey was looking faster than he has before and much sharper on the puck. Out of the prospects/younger guys, Owens is definitely one to watch. When he signed for me, I said that I liked his goal from yesterday, and he replied, "I had one today too. Did you see that one?" Tatar is also doing really well. Franzen went skates first into the boards during the scrimmage, and I had bad flashbacks from early last season, but he slowed down before he hit the boards. The Z-D-H line is looking really good--can't wait to see them in action. More to come tomorrow. I'll add video tonight too from the scrimmage.

#44 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

I also like Jordan Owens. I ran into him at the grocery store last night, and he was so nice. He and I share the same birthday. He's got lots of potential. Also showing well is the young goalie, Petr Mrazek. He's got potential.
Posted Image

#45 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

Thanks again for all the great pictures and updates! :D

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#46 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

Okay, everyone:

Had to quickly learn how to use PhotoBucket, but I've got my pictures and one video up from today. I'll try to get more video from practice and scrimmage tomorrow. Some pictures came out great and others a little blurry. Hopefully next year, I can get a more professional camera. :D Also went to the dinner last night and was at the table with Joey MacDonald. Great guy and nice to talk to. Here's the link: DRW Training Camp 9/18/10

Enjoy! I'll keep 'em coming, now that I have WiFi.

These are GREAT, Wing Queen. Thanks for taking the time to put them on here!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#47 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

Downey was looking faster than he has before and much sharper on the puck.

Music to this boards ears. :thumbup:

#48 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:08 PM

Thanks ladies for the updates and pics, looks like tons of fun. Great job on uploading everything.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#49 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

Great weekend-
Just a few thoughts: Kindl, Modano, Thomas Mc Collum stood out to me as guys that "gelled"
I am so stoked for the season to begin. I honestly think we are the team to beat this year. Everyone looked solid with lots of chemistry!

Drop the puck already! :)

Great weekend-
Just a few thoughts: Kindl, Modano, Thomas Mc Collum stood out to me as guys that "gelled"
I am so stoked for the season to begin. I honestly think we are the team to beat this year. Everyone looked solid with lots of chemistry!

Drop the puck already! :)

Archibald too...I thought he was very solid with lots of vision...anyone else impressed with his play?
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#50 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:52 PM

He's not too bad. Don't know much about him.

One funny thing happened today. We had Loki with us again and Ken Kal walked by. He stopped to pet Loki and talked to us for a minute, then left. He came back a few minutes later with a camera guy, and asked if he could sit down beside Loki. Of course we said sure, and now our pooch is gonna be on Red Wings TV!!! Ken made some promos with Loki, and I can't wait to see them online. It was crazy.

If you go to www.detroitredwings.com...hit multimedia and go to Red Wings TV. Under 2010 Training Camp Day #2 - Sights and Sounds, you will see my Loki about 45 seconds in.

Edited by Kira, 19 September 2010 - 09:21 PM.

Posted Image

#51 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:42 PM

I just posted more videos to my photobucket album for Day 2. Sorry, they take so long to download.

On an interesting side note, I went to a dinner tonight for Season Ticket holders with a friend who is one, and got to talk one-on-one with Howard and Ericsson. I asked Jimmy what he did with his old mask, and he said it was officially retired. But then he said that the Doc Oct one is a back-up and that his real new one hasn't arrived yet. I then said, "You're probably not going to give me any hints as to what's on it, are you?" and he replied with a smirk, "No, sorry, you'll just have to wait until next week to see that one." :P

Ken Kal and John Keating MCed the event and kept us laughing while we ate until Ken Holland showed up for a question and answer session. As he was talking, he discussed the future of goaltending in Detroit and felt Howie was the long term answer, and also mentioned he was a big fan of veteran players, indicating that Osgood (and players like Draper too) complimented the new guys on the team because they were "company" men who would do anything (take less pay and less of a role) for the team's sake. He mentioned he had read on the internet how "people are saying 'well so and so is too old' and such," so for those who wonder if they read and visit LGW, maybe. ;) I wished I had a tape recorder because he discussed a lot of interesting points that many on here would love to listen too (shoot outs, new prospects who've impressed him, the team this season), but sadly, I didn't have one handy.

Glad you all are enjoying the "Live" coverage here in Traverse City. Just wish I could have a media pass to get better pictures. ;)

#52 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:05 AM

Here's my pictures from Day 2.

Thank you so much for doing this! One question, though- is the guy in #74 Valtteri or Ilari? They look so much alike that I need to ask to be sure.

Pat- Congrats on Loki's fan club. Needing a service animal is not what one wants in life, but you sure got a nice silver lining here!

Glad all you ladies are having fun. Thanks again for posting!

#53 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:15 AM

Thank you so much for doing this! One question, though- is the guy in #74 Valtteri or Ilari? They look so much alike that I need to ask to be sure.

Ilari. I don't know why but to me they look very different. Then again, I always think I can choose the correct Sedin twin and I'm not as good as that as I think.

#54 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:24 AM

Ilari. I don't know why but to me they look very different. Then again, I always think I can choose the correct Sedin twin and I'm not as good as that as I think.

Thanks. I kind of thought so, but wanted to be sure before I filed it.

#55 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

2 goals for Sebastien Piche lately, he seems to be good on offense and if he fix his defensive errors he could end up in detroit in a few years.

I like his name too :thumbup:

#56 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:11 AM

I thought Ilari was wearing #41?

http://i938.photobuc...th/P1140398.jpg

I don't think anyone can tell the Sedin twins apart.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#57 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

I thought Ilari was wearing #41?

Photo #74 in her album. Not jersey number.

#58 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:45 AM

Photo #74 in her album. Not jersey number.

That^.

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, I was looking at an off-ice pic.
They do look very similar.

So do the Sedins.

#59 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:14 PM

Hudler hasn't been doing much this camp. 0 points and -4 in two games while playing with Cleary and Modano.

Archibald seems to be doing well at camp. If he continues, I wouldn't mind seeing Holland throwing a contact at him.

#60 WingedHorse

WingedHorse

Prospect

• 33 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

WOW! This team is absolutely amazing this year - depth and speed! The youngsters that are waiting for injuries are looking very sharp. Sat in the front row for all 3 days and saw more laughter than we have in previous years. Was able to meet Kira, Loki (Loki loves to have his belly rubbed!) and Terry - THE NICEST PEOPLE YOU WILL EVER MEET! The Traverse City Record Eagle did a very nice write up on our 3 friends yesterday. Got to watch Kira from across the ice today - she was snapping photos like crazy and rubbing shoulders w/ "her boys!" Lucky lady!!! Got the scoop from Kira every morning, so we were prepared.

Watched Pav and Z play keep away - entertained the crowd and then Pav gave us wave and acknowledged the cheers - awesome guys.

Downie is looking faster - he did a great job. The boys all look rested - very sharp and ready. Modono is taller and thinner than we expected. He is looking very good on face offs. Hudler had an ear to ear grin and was really skating well.

Both Mr. & Mrs. Illitch came to watch practice on Sunday...we got some photos of them. This was the first time in 10 years that we have seen them at Training Camp...

Can't wait to see what happens...