• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#61 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:42 PM

I heard direct is paying cancellation fees for dish customers.

Posted Image

#62 best poster in LGW history

best poster in LGW history

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:24 AM

the kicker here is that if you're an nhl center ice subscriber that pays the full amount up front (like me), you can't cancel or transfer the NHL CI service, even though we're not even past the free preview stage of the season yet. you're stuck with an additional 170 bucks out the window on top of the dish cancellation fee.

what i did is threaten to cancel dish if they didn't refund my nhl center ice charge in full. they did...but i'll cancel dish next week anyway. feels good man.

#63 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:49 AM

I heard direct is paying cancellation fees for dish customers.

Is this true? I'll switch right now if so

Dish sucks!

#64 Hocketownwest

Hocketownwest

Rookie

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:24 AM

Of course when I told Dish customer service I was probably going over to Direct TV they said that in the next couple months FSD will be negotiating with them too, saying I could be in the same boat all over again. Unfortunately I don't know of a way of verifying that.

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports. On September 25, 1926........--Dr. Perry Cox "My Chopped Liver" Scrubs

#65 Wingooni_19

Wingooni_19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:31 AM

Folks, I cannot watch the Wings because of this dispute. This is killing! Any thoughts from someone in same situation! It also appears that Fox pulled plug on Cablevision in NYC/Philly area. This will affect the MLB playoff over there!

#66 Mikeal

Mikeal

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:13 AM

I'm not in Detroit so I can watch the games on Center Ice, but I am starting to wonder if all this BS with Fox and Dish is why almost none of the center ice feeds are actually in HD this year. I remember having a ton of HD feeds in the past and so far this year the only HD games I've seen have been on NHLN or VS.

#67 TheWestWing

TheWestWing

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:17 AM

I'm not in Detroit so I can watch the games on Center Ice, but I am starting to wonder if all this BS with Fox and Dish is why almost none of the center ice feeds are actually in HD this year. I remember having a ton of HD feeds in the past and so far this year the only HD games I've seen have been on NHLN or VS.

Yes it is and its getting suckier (will the judges take that?). Most of the HD feeds for hockey come from the FSN RSNs which FOX is no longer transmitting to Dish. That is why we only get the CSN and a couple FSN feeds that are not part of the current dispute in HD on CI.

I've given them 2 weeks since most of the Wingz games were available in HD on VS or NHLN. I'm calling DirecTV tomorrow in time for the CGY game next week (thx Kenny for getting 5 days off in between!).

#68 Mikeal

Mikeal

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

Yes it is and its getting suckier (will the judges take that?). Most of the HD feeds for hockey come from the FSN RSNs which FOX is no longer transmitting to Dish. That is why we only get the CSN and a couple FSN feeds that are not part of the current dispute in HD on CI.

I've given them 2 weeks since most of the Wingz games were available in HD on VS or NHLN. I'm calling DirecTV tomorrow in time for the CGY game next week (thx Kenny for getting 5 days off in between!).

That's really pissing me off. I wonder if they will comp my bill for the lack of HD feeds.

#69 TheWestWing

TheWestWing

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

That's really pissing me off. I wonder if they will comp my bill for the lack of HD feeds.

Couldn't care less for the $7 credit - I want the games in HD and I want them now (well, dont need tonights as I'll be at the game)!

#70 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:35 PM

Yep. I too am about done with dish network. i want what I've paid for.

Posted Image

#71 BigWinston

BigWinston

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:35 PM

This sucks for you guys with Dish. It was bad enough for me with DirecTv and no versus for most of last season.

Hope it's all resolved for you ASAP!!!

#72 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:45 PM

How long did the dispute between Direct TV and Versus go on for?

#73 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

How long did the dispute between Direct TV and Versus go on for?

Early September 09 thru second week of March 2010.

Way too long!
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#74 Wingooni_19

Wingooni_19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

Can we go for a class action lawsuit against fox or dish, or they are too protected and powerful! Any lawyers on forum?

Edited by Wingooni_19, 16 October 2010 - 06:25 PM.

#75 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:22 AM

The game was on last night in standard def (Yotes feed), and it was horrible...DirecTV can't get here fast enough.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#76 tiff_luvs_homer

tiff_luvs_homer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:53 PM

The game was on last night in standard def (Yotes feed), and it was horrible...DirecTV can't get here fast enough.

You can say that again, that was the worst feed that I think I've seen in awhile! :ranting: The sound and picture were horrible! I checked our upcoming program guide and it looks like we'll be getting the Detroit non-HD feed for Thursday's game (fingers crossed!) We tried to watch the Anaheim game tonight and it was giving us a message saying that there were technical difficulties so I called dish and complained for about 30 minutes and they ended up giving me the $5 off my bill for the next 12 months or gave me an offer to cancel the service entirely. I explained to her that the whole reason we buy center ice is to get fox sports Detroit and I don't feel like I should have to pay full price when I'm not getting the channels that I have been for the past several seasons. We aren't under contract with dish since we've had the service for 7 years now but I don't feel like all the trouble that comes with making the switch... we're just going to hold out and hope that this issue gets resolved sooner rather than later! :(

Thank you TeeMan for the awesome sig!

"I'm a bad skater, you know but I don't need this $hit" - Tomas Holmstrom

#77 SpiritFan

SpiritFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:43 PM

My DirecTV gets installed in 4 days... COME ON THURSDAY!!!!! Bye bye Dish Network!

#78 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:13 AM

I'm torn about ordering Direct TV because I 'heard' (how true it is your guess) is that Direct TV will be going through contract negotiations with Fox Sports in 2-3 months. I'd hate to sign a contract with them and DISH gets worked out and I'm stuck with Direct TV with no Fox.

Contracts should be null & void if they can't deliver. :ranting:

#79 Wingooni_19

Wingooni_19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:59 AM

Any updates or ideas for suffering fans like me! Someone should pay for my suffering!

#80 TheWestWing

TheWestWing

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:44 PM

Couple of things from some other boards where I've been following this (as always, YMMV):

- FOX's contract isn't up with Direct until sometime 2011 AND
- the issue FOX is having with Dish has already been mitigated with Direct - FOX wants their local FSN stations on the lowest tier so more subs get them = greater revenue instead of having sub having to pay for a higher tier Not to say another issue may not arise......

Edited by TheWestWing, 21 October 2010 - 02:45 PM.