• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:31 AM

I didnt realize they were replacing Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson and Campbell.

I love all of the Turco criticism. Did any of you actually watch the whole game? Without him, the hawks dont get a point that game.

Turco also was absolutely dangled by stuart
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#62 Dave82RWS

Dave82RWS

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:33 AM

Lol. Okay :thumbup:

Umm.. yeah, nothing like Chicago. Hawks are a poorly managed team and it's being exploited. I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Hawks get a few injuries and miss the playoffs.

"CORE"

What are you basing this on? The fired Dale Tallon?

Turco also was absolutely dangled by stuart

Yep, its not like goalies ever get beat or anything.

#63 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:38 AM

I didnt realize they were replacing Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson and Campbell.

I love all of the Turco criticism. Did any of you actually watch the whole game? Without him, the hawks dont get a point that game.

More like without refs, the blackhawks don't get a point that game.Ticky tack calls and failed to call high stick or the tripping on Hossa. Game shouldn't even went OT

Edited by Heaten, 08 October 2010 - 01:39 AM.

#64 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:40 AM

that wasn't getting beat that was absolute silliness, but give stewart credit, the man is a beast and is going to eb sick on my fantasy team

More like without refs, the blackhawks don't get a point that game.Ticky tack calls and failed to call high stick or the tripping on Hossa. Game shouldn't even went OT

the penalty on winnick was an absolute joke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPsbOUzXmCk/
it is also funny how the ravenous homer olczyk reacts
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#65 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:47 AM

From ownership on down. Just not a very classy club overall. Tallon getting fired was probably the best move they made before the firesale... But a Chicago blog said Stan Bowman was responsible for not mailing the qualifying offers. So basically the loss of some players is exclusively on his shoulders. And Versteeg for Stalberg? Seriously? Lol.

Like I said... just a poorly managed club from top to bottom.

#66 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:50 AM

Like I said... just a poorly managed club from top to bottom.

Here comes a "poorly managed club that just wun da cupppp!" response.

#67 Osgood the Best

Osgood the Best

Black Ace

• 18 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:33 AM

Here comes a "poorly managed club that just wun da cupppp!" response.

They bought that cup. Look at all the trades they had to do because they couldn't afford them this year. Bandwagontown

#68 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:56 AM

it is also funny how the ravenous homer olczyk reacts

I think it's very silly and even somewhat obnoxious that they let him call games in which the Hawks or the Penguins are playing. The amount of bias that he has in favor of those teams is enormous.

I wonder what would happen were they ever to play each other in the finals. I imagine his head would separate into two pieces.

The winning goal was terrible. Turco has always had a habit of raising his arms too high, and tonight it burned him for the nth time.

Hawks might have lost to Nashville last playoffs if Campbell didnt come back..

Speaking of which, both he and Boynton(suspension?) werent out there obviously. Hendry, Scott and a 19 year old Nick Leddy were on D. That is bad enough right there.

Fortunately for Chicago, the refs were around to help them out.

Almost like the year before when Hossa, Hudler, Samuelsson and a few others went bye bye.

Yeah, OK. I don't think you know much about the situation with Hudler. Samuelsson went for a whopping $2.5m. Hossa got paid out the arse by Chicago, and I'm sure they'll really enjoy still paying him in nine years.

If you're comparing Tallon to Holland, be prepared to be laughed out the door.

Edited by Crymson, 08 October 2010 - 02:56 AM.

#69 ChitownWingsfan

ChitownWingsfan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:33 AM

Hope the Hawks got out of Denver alive, luckily they had their private traveling security <_< :blink:

http://espn.go.com/b...r-opening-night

Rock Star Treatment

The Hawks have hired traveling security. Mike Higgins, who works security at the United Center, has been hired on by the team. The Hawks are believed to be the only team in the NHL with traveling security.

So hate on but guess what, I feel like I can't miss,
I know they want me to fall, But ain't nothin' bigger than this, So just pass me the ball

Posted Image
No Further Trades Needed

#70 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

Hope the Hawks got out of Denver alive, luckily they had their private traveling security <_< :blink:

They don't want anyone near da corrre!!

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#71 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:46 PM

Yeah what the hell does that even mean? How have the Hawks proven better than everyone else they're best poised to repeat in recent history? Or even to win the Cup this year? Last time I checked a bomb went off in their lockerroom and only half the team made it out alive.

:lol: Thanks for the guffaws. :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#72 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:52 PM

Wonder how they'll look with garlic necklaces and tin foil on top their helmets? :ph34r:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#73 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:36 PM

Wonder how they'll look with garlic necklaces and tin foil on top their helmets? :ph34r:

20 Cent's gotta protect his bling.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#74 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

I just watched the highlights and IMO, that was at least 2 bad goals by Turco including the game loser.

hahahhaha

It's gonna be a long year for Hawks fans.....
Do or do not. There is no try