7 replies to this topic

#1 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:24 PM

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=351905

At this time, Jason Spezza's contract is unmovable and the same is probably true of Sergei Gonchar's and Filip Kuba's. Teams calling on any others, including Mike Fisher and Chris Neil, are being told, make us an offer.

Hmmmm...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#2 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:58 PM

If we traded for him and he reverted to 2005-2007 Chris Neil, then I'd say yes, but he's signed until 2012-2013 and he seems to have lost his offensive touch. I'd rather pay Miller 650K than Chris Neil 2mil to put up their 11 points.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#3 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

If we traded for him and he reverted to 2005-2007 Chris Neil, then I'd say yes, but he's signed until 2012-2013 and he seems to have lost his offensive touch. I'd rather pay Miller 650K than Chris Neil 2mil to put up their 11 points.

Not so coincidentally, scoring was highly inflated from '05 to '07. No way the Wings are interested in Neil at $2 million a season.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#4 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

I would rather have Neil and his 11 pts than Hudler and his 18 pts...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#5 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

I would rather have Neil and his 11 pts than Hudler and his 18 pts...

Except Hudler has just found his game while Neil has lost his.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#6 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:08 PM

Except Hudler has just found his game while Neil has lost his.

Where?!

#7 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

Where?!

You Hudler haters are so narrow minded and ignore facts -
His last 15 games:
15 GP 3G 9A 12pts +2

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#8 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

You Hudler haters are so narrow minded and ignore facts -
His last 15 games:
15 GP 3G 9A 12pts +2

Thanks!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank