• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/26 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Sabres 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

Okay ... why not Cleary or Bert ahead of Hudler?

Bert was the third shooter, but of course didn't need to be called upon.

As for Cleary, hundreds of millions of years ago when our ancient forebearers first staggered onto the shore and drew breath with primitive lungs (you might also refer to this time as the 2006 preseason), I remember very distinctly that a then-tryout Dan Cleary scored in nearly all the of shootouts, which were being played after every game regardless of score to show off the new gimmick, and may have very well helped him get on the team. But it must have been expressly for that purpose, because he's never been good at it since -- 2 for 11 lifetime.

He was pretty much the only guy who had a jump in his step out of the gate (actually Val did too). Modano looked pumped to be back out there. He just needs to get back in sync with his linemates.

The only thing that still irks me about Modano is sometimes he gives up on the play to soon. Last night he had a chance to chase a puck down in the offensive zone but he headed toward the bench instead. Then you see Homer come in with his awesome Homer speed and fight for the puck in the corner and cause a turnover. Modano didn't even look tired as he and Homer started that same shift together but he just didn't want to go to the corner and fight for the puck.

I think Babs needs to get on him about that.

Kindl did look good, pinched at the right times, and his shots actually looked like NHL shots instead of fluttering butterflies lofted gracefully towards the end boards.

Something needs to get the Mule going again. Maybe putting him back with Fil?